what determines what buildings survive a sack?

clif9710

Warlord
I know that if I take a city with any world wonders, they will survive without fail, but it seems that most other buildings, not necessarily all, will be destroyed. How is this determined?

I know that if I take a city with any world wonders, they will survive without fail, but it seems that most other buildings, not necessarily all, will be destroyed. How is this determined?

I'm pretty sure that regular buildings have a 66% of surviving. But if it's not that, then they have a 66% chance of getting destroyed. Pretty sure it's the former though.

I've wondered about this too. If it is the 2/3 probability, then how does it act onprogressive buildings? E.g you can't have a university without a library (/UB library), so does it do one then the other? in that case it'd be (1/3)^2=1/9 chance of keeping th uni. Shurely this not right?

Not all buildings have the 66% chance. You have to check the XML to see the survive chance of each building as its set individually. A lot more than you'd think have a 100% to never be captured.

I've wondered about this too. If it is the 2/3 probability, then how does it act onprogressive buildings? E.g you can't have a university without a library (/UB library), so does it do one then the other? in that case it'd be (1/3)^2=1/9 chance of keeping th uni. Shurely this not right?

The prereq buildings are only required to BUILD the building, not to have it. You can sell the library in a city that has a university and still keep the university. (There are also some wonders that will give you a free building without having the prereq one).

The prereq buildings are only required to BUILD the building, not to have it. You can sell the library in a city that has a university and still keep the university. (There are also some wonders that will give you a free building without having the prereq one).

Yeah, this. Himeji Castle, for one.

100% for world wonders, (I think) 66% for most normal buildings, 0% for cultural buildings and national wonders.

Top Bottom