Platy World Builder

Completed Version

City Screen

From here, user can click on any of the links to edit easier.
Examples:

Player Screen

Game Options

Consider it done...

Fixed a bug with "white space" calculation used in formulae in Religion and Corporation screens.
Now players can modify number of columns as you like and the interface screen will still look perfect.

Add some extra functions for modders to mod big maps easier.
1) Next City function in City Data Screen.
Cycle through to the next city of the Current Player.

2) Apply to All Cities in Buildings Screen.
All Cities of Current Player will have the same buildings as Current City.
Ignore Wonders.

3) Spread All in Religions Screen.
Spread All Religions to Current City.

4) Apply to All Cities in Religions Screen.
All Cities of Current Player will have the same religions as Current City.
May remove holy city in the process.
(Eg Current City does not have Islam, and one of the cities is Islam Holy City. Since data is copied over to that city, Islam is removed and so is Holy City)

5) Apply to All Cities of Corporations Screen
Same as above.

that's some good work, looks great, I would ask dacubz145 to add it to his TTT mod if he was still around.... :lol:

Thanks all :D
Let me know if any bugs occur.
Back to retirement mode

Currently only has English Text files.
If anyone bored enough, feel free to translate for me thanks :D

Whats New... Again

1) Dead Players will now show up with (Dead) beside their names.
Spoiler :

2) Dead Teams will now show up instead of leaving a blank field in the past.

Old:
Spoiler :

New:
Spoiler :

3) Found a place to park the Game Data finally!
Shifted Player and Team Data there as well...

4) New Player Screen as a result

Can handle up to 3 Traits automatically without affecting the interface.
Can handle up to 7 Civic Options automatically.
Era only affects the way things look I guess.
Units Required refer to how many GP to activate Golden Age
Unit and Building modifiers refer to State Religion ones.

For mods with many many traits or many many civic options, screen will adjust accordingly, though may not be as nice as default
Spoiler :

5) New Team Screen

Projects shifted over here.
Added Map Centering to fit nicely.
Added Technologies for users who want another way to adjust Techs.

6) Tech Screen

You know... the old WorldBuilder, you have to add techs by clicking on the buttons in top left corner?
And the best thing is the techs are arranged by index only, so you have to search high and low to locate a stupid tech.
And because the techs only show up as buttons, if your mod has 1000 techs and you cannot recognise the button, you gonna end up hovering your mouse over each one to find the one you want.

The new Tech screen arranges all techs according to eras and display as names, so it is much easier to find.

Don't worry if your mod is so big you have 100 different eras.
The screen will adjust accordingly even if you have > 7 eras.
Example:
Spoiler :

When an 8th Era is added (the empty Classical Era) ...
You get a scrollbar!

For those button lovers, don't fret. The tech buttons and "Tech By Era" functions are still all there. This is just an alternative.

Hey you lazy boy, out of pure boredom I started to translate your texts into French. I guess you already added some new ones with your last version :D.

A couple of concepts I don't grab well for translation: what's

"Occupation Timer",
"Water Work" and
"Counter Espionage Mod against" (it's the Mod I don't quite get in this context - I guess Mode would translate correctly).

Thank you!

I played a bit with it - no crash here (did not have to merge the 2 Python files in my mod, just used your files).

Very handy!

A couple of observations though:

the Free Bonus screen looks messy in my mod because I have added some 30 bonusses to it. Many mods use a lot of Bonusses, much more than I do....

Same goes for the Corporations screen: my names of Corps are too long! Damn French... The screen is not big enough for the buttons to display properly.

Same remark for your button "Apply to All Cities". French usually takes more words to say the same thing "Appliquer à toutes les villes" => truncated.

I'm already too much in the details, so I'll stop here!

Ah glad to hear no crash from you :D

Occupation Timer refers to the number of turns of disorder when you capture a city.
That is the exact wordings for the python command, so I can't be bothered to think of a better description :D

Water Work...
I was as confused as you are when I saw this :lol
After checking the Tech Infos, it literally means ability to work water tiles... (Fishing Tech)

Counter Espionage Mod
I guess Mod means Modifier.
When you use CE against another victim, there is a countdown timer (number of turns).
Beside this, there is a hidden variable, this mod value which determines how much more Espionage Points the victim has to spend compared to usual.
By default, this value is 200 when activated. Which means 200%, not sure whether it is 200% of usual or 200% more than usual, spies not my cup of tea.

For screen size, will look into expanding it later then :D
A easy fix is to set the number of columns lower or make the screen size bigger.
Currently, in the CvWorldBuilderScreen file, each section has a setSize(width, height) which will determine the window size.
iColumnLength will determine the number of columns, so lower it and each column will have more space to display the words.

Thanks for translating :D

Just a minor adjustment.
Upload a new version, with screen widened for all screens and number of columns for bonus screen lowered.

Old Corporations:
Spoiler :

New Corporations:
Spoiler :

Old Bonus:
Spoiler :

New Bonus:
Spoiler :

Glad to hear no crashes :D
Then I dunno what went wrong with Aloha's side.
Interface can be fixed by simple adjustments of numbers so small issue :mischief:

Interface can be fixed by simple adjustments of numbers so small issue :mischief:

Or no issue at all: I just realised that you can adjust the size of all these screens simply by dragging them larger or smaller (bottom right)!!! :)

Edit: one thing I don't understand in the new Player screen: "Unit and Building modifiers refer to State Religion ones". What do these two buttons do?

Here are the texts with French translation.

Thanks, will update them later.

State Religion Unit/Building Production Modifiers are the full names.
Too long, so no choice, cut short...
Somehow, cannot use icons like [ICON_RELIGION] for this World Builder, else would have been nice.

What they do are basically those Civic effects like Organized Religion.

Edit:
Changed Unit Modifiers and Building Modifiers to Unit/Building Production Mod respectively.
Hope that sounds clearer...

Updated with French translations from isenchine.
Added Credits section.

Somehow, cannot use icons like [ICON_RELIGION] for this World Builder, else would have been nice.
[ICON_RELIGION] in the texts that you send through getText is not replaced?
As those icons are merged into the unicode font you can also try to get the unicode character with CyGame::getSymbolID (it returns it as an int, so you have to get Python to interpret it as a wchar).

Ah, I understand now. If I had known before, I would have changed the French text then...

One detail that does not work well in French is the addition of the 'TXT_KEY_WB_ERA' at the end of the line (2 places inCvWorldBuilderScreen.py). It should be at the beginning and the word 'era' is often repeated in the name of the era itself. For me, I've deleted this addition and it looks fine now.

[ICON_RELIGION] in the texts that you send through getText is not replaced?
As those icons are merged into the unicode font you can also try to get the unicode character with CyGame::getSymbolID (it returns it as an int, so you have to get Python to interpret it as a wchar).

I tried colours and icons like
Code:
<TEXT>
	<Tag>TXT_KEY_WB_NO_TRAITS</Tag>
	<English>[COLOR_RED]No Traits[COLOR_REVERT]</English>
	<French>Pas de Traits</French>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
	<Tag>TXT_KEY_WB_STATE_RELIGION_UNIT</Tag>
	<English>[ICON_RELIGION]Unit Production Mod:</English>
	<French>Modifier les unit&#233;s religieuses</French>
</TEXT>

And I ended up with a pile of garbage for colours and just a space for icon :crazyeye:
May try your method later to see how it goes :D

Ah, I understand now. If I had known before, I would have changed the French text then...

One detail that does not work well in French is the addition of the 'TXT_KEY_WB_ERA' at the end of the line (2 places inCvWorldBuilderScreen.py). It should be at the beginning and the word 'era' is often repeated in the name of the era itself. For me, I've deleted this addition and it looks fine now.

Thanks, changed the code for the Era lines.

Now the python code becomes:
Code:
strTest = strTest + (localText.getText("TXT_KEY_WB_ERA",(gc.getEraInfo(i).getDescription(),)),)

And the Text file becomes
Code:
<English>%s1 Era</English>

So it will automatically display as XXX Era.
For French I guess it will be ABC %s1? (Where ABC == French version of Era)

And the Text file becomes
Code:
<English>%s1 Era</English>

So it will automatically display as XXX Era.
For French I guess it will be ABC %s1? (Where ABC == French version of Era)

You guessed it right!

Top Bottom