remove city?

DannyITR

Chieftain
Hi guys,

I reached the maximum number of cities and the game said I should remove some of my older ones and replace them with new ones. Is there actually a way to do this aside from starving them until they reach 1 and then built a settler. I have 127 cities.

When the world has 128 cities, you have hit the ceiling.

If you have a city you want to relocate, use a combination of starving it down and building settlers. That's the only way I know.

In versions prior to 474.03, building Settlers in a level 1 city disbands the colony.

It works in version 475.04 as well. That's how I build up my army of unsupported settlers.

Hm, I haven't tried it in a while, but, in 474.04, I recall Settler shields piling up until the city reaches level 2. 474.04 is supposedly the same as 475.04.

I'm not responding to Whelkman or Valen, but just clearing any confusion some may have from their back-and-forth conversation - especially for newer players.

In versions prior to 474.03, building Settlers in a level 1 city disbands the colony.

As far as I know, all versions of CivDos will disband a city and give you Settlers unless (a) you're playing Chieftain, or (b) it is your only city*. I'm unsure about other version of Civ, e.g., Amiga, SNES, WinCIV, etc.

It works in version 475.04 as well. That's how I build up my army of unsupported settlers.

Hm, I haven't tried it in a while, but, in 474.04, I recall Settler shields piling up until the city reaches level 2. 474.04 is supposedly the same as 475.04.

I believe it is only Chieftain where your shields will build up until you reach 2 population.

* An interesting note, in Warlord or higher, in your first city - or maybe whatever number city, as long as it is your only existing city - you can build Settlers with a population of one. Multiple times, as many as you can afford! I personally stopped after three while testing (sold Palace + popped a $$ hut).

Thanks.
I did know it was possible, but did not understand that it was because of 474.03 (used much 474.05 and 474.01 the last years and always did wonder why i can't erase (anymore) a mis-positioned city in 'ingameplay'
by buying a last settler in a level 1 city). :crazyeye:

* An interesting note, in Warlord or higher, in your first city - or maybe whatever number city, as long as it is your only existing city - you can build Settlers with a population of one. Multiple times, as many as you can afford! I personally stopped after three while testing (sold Palace + popped a $$ hut).
I simply never did try out or did play too much 'lazy' Chieftain building games.
I simply always did wait until city size level 3, oh stupid me.

I can't believe i haven't realized that so far... after all those years.

But first i have to check out if this is true / works for me, too.

Maybe that explains what did happen
in many games of
2014 CiV1 - THE SPACE RACE CONQUEST (Ver. 3)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526175
and the space race conquests before...

Top Bottom