Civ 1 Quiz

Zelig is correct, it is the French. (This is a quote directly from chapter 5 of the manual - "Leader Biographies".)

Zelig - please set a question for us if you wish.

I believe they were the same color as the Babylonians, thus green.

I thought they were grey.

Kemal is right, they are GREEN - just like the Babylonians. :goodjob:

Kemal, please set us a question.

Ok, here it is:

Although most people will probably think it is a feature introduced in civ3, the culture flip was actually already part of civilization in its first installment. Being the only way to capture a enemy city without requiring any activity on the player's part, not even the knowledge of the city that flips to your empire, what message does the program usually give just before such a flip occures?

Ive had that happen to me but i cant remember what was said... im pretty sure the message contains something like "The French amire your civilization, blah blah..." or something along those lines

Well, you're thinking in the right direction, Groovin', but that's not precise enough. I'm actually quite surprised no one has given the right answer yet, as there is an old thread about this in this very forum containing the right answer, and I actually saw one of the participants of this quiz read that thread not long ago. (During a small period of viewing "Who's Online" ;) )

From memory I do believe it was something along the lines of "Residents of Dullsville admire the prosperity of Kota-Andy" (insert appropriate city names).

And its a damn nuisance when it happens (if I wanted that city Id have taken it myself ;->)

---

IF I was right (and no Im NOT 100% sure) heres my question - wait for Kemal to say if I was correct before answering though!:

Using the Earth map (dos civ), what size can one of your cities get if placed on that fork in the river in North America?

<btw>
Theres a similar spot in South America too. Dont know if there are others. I think this is best spot for city size on the earth map. Do let me know if you found a better one :)
</btw>

That's correct Andy! And indeed it isn't always good when it happens, i remember it costing me automobile to the Mongols when I flipped one of their worthless cities in the middle of their lands, which they immediately recaptured. :(

It's your question, one which i can''t answer since I never played the Earth map. :)

I suppose in theory you could take a look at the Earth map (theres a gif of it here on the Civfanatics site) and calculate it based on the food available in the surrounding land. I recall my flatmate whom I played many a "population challenge" against doing just this when trying to work out his city placements :)
I of course worked it out the empirical (fun) way ;-)

Close but not quite. 42
:)

Which if I recall rightly gives the city a 'population' of about 9 million?

Thats the biggest city size Ive achieved on Earth - or any other map for that matter. I know bigger cities are possible given the right surrounding terrain. If anyone has any Id love to hear about it (pref. with screenshots!)

Guess that one was a bit obscure. Ok. Ill ask an easier one.
Try and answer it without looking at the manual or the civilopedia. :)
Temples help protect a city against civil disorder by reducing the number of unhappy people in a city. What else do they protect the city against?

Top Bottom