Gods and Kings Soundtrack

Yes, the original themes are in the game, and you will actually hear your nation's war theme from in-game now (previously you could only hear it if you loaded a game that had your civ warring with another civ).

It really is awesome! I'm trying to transcribe it into piano sheet music! It's my most favorite Civ V theme so far.

I've updated the parent post with a link to Geoff Knorr's website, it has the scores for most, if not all, the new music in Gods and Kings. Hope it's useful to you. Enjoy!

I've updated the parent post with a link to Geoff Knorr's website, it has the scores for most, if not all, the new music in Gods and Kings. Hope it's useful to you. Enjoy!

That's what I was using. I still had to change it from an orchestral score to something that could be played on a single piano though.

In any case, I'm pleased to say I've finished it!

Yes, the original themes are in the game, and you will actually hear your nation's war theme from in-game now (previously you could only hear it if you loaded a game that had your civ warring with another civ).

Ah good, because in my book England's war theme is one of the best (and most appropriate) soundtracks from all Civ games! :goodjob:

It really does form the perfect backdrop to England and maritime power. :D

I remember that picture. :)

However I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall at the fleet review where that guy whose name I can't remember demonstrated his new engine by... uhm fleet review crashing in his little boat. :D The navy being unable to catch him.

One thing about the soundtrack that would have been a nice little homage was that if you won a domination victory in the industrial or later age with either order or autocracy. The victory screen should have played Frank Klepacki's epic "hellmarch" :)

One thing about the soundtrack that would have been a nice little homage was that if you won a domination victory in the industrial or later age with either order or autocracy. The victory screen should have played Frank Klepacki's epic "hellmarch" :)

Hell yeah! :nuke:

Link to video.

Hell yeah! :nuke:

Haha exactly that movie I was thinking about.

Allways something eerie about an endless faceless homogenous group working in perfect syncronism.

Heck it could have been clowns marching and it would have been scary (well I saw stephen kings IT as a kid so I hate clowns).

Is there a place where I can purchase the G&K soundtrack?

And also, on a somewhat related note, is the deluxe soundtrack for the vanilla game missing anything?

Leader themes, the regional music (all asian civs have the same set of ambient music, for example), and war and peace themes, etc.

.ogg IIRC, depeding on your media player,you should be able to open it. Itunes can't, but most everything else can Foobar, VLC, Winamp. etc.

While you can use the game's OGG files to listen to G&K's soundtrack, if you go to:
Code:
<insert your Steam directory here>\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\Soundtrack
you can get the MP3 music files in the expansion's soundtrack: all civilizations' peace and war themes, all scenarios' themes, menu theme and opening movie music... They're also all set with other miscellaneous info (album, track number, composer and all that kind of stuff), so it might be better to get it from there! :)

This is only for the expansion, though... The base game didn't come with this (you could have it by buying the Deluxe Edition, though it didn't have everything if i recall correctly)...

While you can use the game's OGG files to listen to G&K's soundtrack, if you go to:
Code:
<insert your Steam directory here>\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\Soundtrack
you can get the MP3 music files in the expansion's soundtrack: all civilizations' peace and war themes, all scenarios' themes, menu theme and opening movie music... They're also all set with other miscellaneous info (album, track number, composer and all that kind of stuff), so it might be better to get it from there! :)

This is only for the expansion, though... The base game didn't come with this (you could have it by buying the Deluxe Edition, though it didn't have everything if i recall correctly)...

Wait, so are you saying the base game's music can't be accessed like that, or only that you can't get the mp3 versions?

Anybody know if it's possible to replace a track for a mod, say, if I wanted this for japan's war theme? ;)

Link to video.

Wait, so are you saying the base game's music can't be accessed like that, or only that you can't get the mp3 versions?

Regardless of the version you own, you can get the base game's music files in
Code:
<Insert Steam directory here>\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music
This includes all leader's peace and war themes, and all region's background music as well... However, every music file here is in OGG format, so you'll need either a player that can read it, or a converter to convert it to a readable format by your player...

For any DLC you have, you'll find the music files in:
Code:
<Insert Steam directory here>\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\<Insert DLC of choice here>\Sounds\Streamed\Music
Which has the leader's peace and war themes, and scenario theme if there is one.
Again, all of these files are in OGG format.

If you do own the Deluxe Version, you can get some of the base game's music at something like:
Code:
<Insert Steam directory here>\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Soundtrack
(I'm just guessing here, based on G&K's location of the soundtrack - I don't have the Deluxe Version, so I can't confirm)

This, if I'm not mistaken, only includes some of the leader's themes (I recall Suleiman's being absent, for example, though I might be mistaken), plus probably the menu's theme and opening movie's theme... These would be all in MP3 format, so ready for any player! :)

Hope that answers your question! :)

Wait, so are you saying the base game's music
Anybody know if it's possible to replace a track for a mod, say, if I wanted this for japan's war theme? ;)

Yes, it's possible, and easy. Just add somewhere to the mod's directory the piece of music you want (as a MP3 or an OGG) , and rename it exactly the same as the song you want to replace. Then set "import into VFS" true and so it replaces the original song with the custom song when the mod is activated. It's fully modular and doesn't need any XML or else.

For example, if you want to replace Oda's war theme, rename your custom song as Oda_Nobunaga_War.mp3 and set the VFS true. Then build your mod and enjoy your music ingame. ;)

You can replace any audio file of the game modularly with this method.

Yes, it's possible, and easy. Just add somewhere to the mod's directory the piece of music you want (as a MP3 or an OGG) , and rename it exactly the same as the song you want to replace. Then set "import into VFS" true and so it replaces the original song with the custom song when the mod is activated. It's fully modular and doesn't need any XML or else.

For example, if you want to replace Oda's war theme, rename your custom song as Oda_Nobunaga_War.mp3 and set the VFS true. Then build your mod and enjoy your music ingame. ;)

You can replace any audio file of the game modularly with this method.

Could you add music with this method. And while we're speaking on this topic, does anyone know if there's a way to include the civ's themes into the game's background music?

Spoiler :

Link to video.

This is what the Japan war theme should be . Not that boring war theme . Nice choice BTW :goodjob:

Top Bottom