Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Tried the download on its own, which didn't work.
Tried the two together with the second as the overlay. Didn't "quite" work.
assets\DLC\Expansion\UI\Art\Icons\ReligiousSymbolsWhite32_Expansions.dds
Only error message (on loading of the game)
Another thing ... no dialogue boxes when talking to other leaders. Can't choose anything to say. :D
OK please try latest version 1.7
If it still does'nt work, try removing:
- UI_bc1_1.Civ5Pkg if you don't have G&K
- UI_bc1_2.Civ5Pkg if you don't have BNW
I would also need a look at your lua.log file.

Deleting options solved the issue :goodjob:
Then it seems it's a conflict with a mod you're using
Another thing i noticed is the delay on the information popping up when you have the curson hovering over a tile. In vanilla, it was instant... with the ui, i have to wait about 2-3 seconds. Any way to speed this baby up?
The delay is controlled in the game menu - options - game options - set the desired delays for plot help / map tooltips to appear (there are now 2 delays - basic and detailed plot help). But if you removed the options panel, they may not be there: load the game with the full DLC & no mods, change the settings, then set it up as you want.

Version 1.7 (November 22nd, 2013)
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Tentative fix for compatibitity issues when the G&K and/or BNW extensions are not installed
  • Change folder structure: all components are now located inside the UI_bc1\UI folder (used to be UI_bc1), more independent modules. Make sure you delete the previous version before installing this one!
  • Options: add a clock on / off check box
  • TopPanel: optional clock & alarm (click on clock to set alarm time or change clock format - note alarm time entry is in 24H format regardless)
  • TopPanel: right click civilopedia actions
  • Diplo: sort the city state ribbon list by decreasing influence, then by distance to capital
  • CityBanners: major civ city banner mouseover shows resources within city plots - red not hooked up, green hooked up

Well, I played for about an hour yesterday, and am having another look tonight.
Have to say it is such a pretty display.
One small issue:
* Cannot push buitton to "pledge to protect city state"

And unless I'm missing a setting the delay to show you the value of the land is a bit slow. :)

That's it so far.
Leaders are talking to each other :p
And I'm not stuck anywhere else at the moment.

One small issue: Cannot push button to "pledge to protect city state"
Simple bug found (affects only vanilla game), will be fixed in next release
And unless I'm missing a setting the delay to show you the value of the land is a bit slow. :)
The delay is controlled in the game menu - options - game options - set the desired delays for plot help / map tooltips to appear (there are now 2 delays - basic and detailed plot help).

I found it's possible to put this in the root assets folder:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\UI_bc1

The project loads before mods in the assets folder, and after mods in the DLC folder. I don't know why this is. It's an easy way for people to choose if they want this project or a mod to take precedence.

I made a few tests, using the DLC in its normal, recommended location ( usually ...\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC ) and found things to work as expected (i.e. mods have precedence over the DLC).
I do not recommend placing the EUI DLC in another folder than the game's DLC folder, because it uses DLC tags to load its components in the correct order to work with all versions of the game (vanilla, G&K, BNW): there is no evidence that these tags work outside of the game's DLC folder.

Hmm that's very interesting! I'm not sure what's going on. This is very puzzling... :think:

The specific part I'm looking at is InfoTooltipInclude.lua. If I put our projects in the locations below, your version of the file appears to load after my version, showing your tooltips:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1
D:\Thalassicus\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Communitas AI and Tools

This puzzles me because DLCs normally load before mods. I even tried adding a reference from my project to yours, which normally makes the referenced project load first, but didn't seem to do anything.

Heroes of Might and Wisdom kills the civilization ribbon. Single player score list still works if turned on so it's far from game breaking but the civilization ribbon is cool and I want it all :)

I will post about it there too. Hopefully maybe you can work together to figure something out as Heroes is a huge mod destine for greatness much like this one :)

Bug: The colored overlay for city tiles does not go away as expect on mouse out.
Reproduce: Hover to get color display, open the city screen, exit the city screen.
Expected result: Colors go away either when you enter or exit the city screen.
Actual result: You need to hover and do another mouse out to turn off the colors.

Sample Picture

So I used IGE on one of my saved games and somehow I think it removed the enhanced tooltips from the map. Even after deleting mod cache/user data and disabling IGE, saving without IGE enabled, the tool tips are still the "un-modded" versions.

Any way I can get this back for my single save?

IGE should have no effect on map tooltips when not enabled.
The declutter logic for map tooltips may seem a bit convoluted though:
- if you select a military combat unit it will show very limited tips
- if you check the "No Basic Tooltip Help" game menu - options - game options, that also limits the tips given
So if you select a combat unit with "No Basic Tooltip Help" option, there will be even fewer tips than in the base game. Maybe that's what happened ?

- if you select a military combat unit it will show very limited tips
ah...that was it. I feel really stupid now. :blush:

Thanks for the help! Had no idea that when military units are the current selection that the tooltips are super condensed. Thought my game was broken hahah.

Top Bottom