Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I don't like some changes made by the latest version - and by "some" I mean one in particular. ;) The city banner displays city name with an incorrect colour, which in your mod appears to be darker and duller than the one I would expect from vanilla, and it causes a lot of aesthetic distress for me. Is it related to changing the tile overlay colour from yellow to orange? If you could point me to a place or the fragment of code with which I could revert the city banner to how it looked in previous versions, I would be most grateful. :)

Jan, i've just compared EUI files with Expansion2 versions (CityBannerManager.xml) and they mostly looked similar for any "coloring" assets and references.

There's always a possibility that bc1 actually fiddled a bit with some of the TXT-Label parameters but i have yet to detect any changes in both Team (Majors) & Other (CityStates) instances for their corresponding color schemas.

Maybe it's a simple illusion when tile overlays are active "behind" the banners as you seem to hint about. Or even when we mouse-over ON-OFF the banners and, then to the surrounding area which turns the tiles back to normal view.

EDIT; Upon further analysis i found this that might somehow explain the visual effect you've detected - if so, you've got a very sharp vision acuity;

Line #37 was rem'med by bc1 to remove the Left_HL background while the Right_HL (on Line #32) is still the same and active.
<!-- <Image Anchor="C,C" Size="32,32" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/Icons/CityBannerLeftBackgroundHL.dds" Hidden="0"/>

That may even be just a simple accidental Typo, btw.

Gee, i delved even deeper to find "altered" stuff between 1.21 & 1.22 and came across a tricky value in the LUA;

Line #873 (in v122) for LocalCityName is this;
local color = {x = primaryColor.x, y = primaryColor.y, z = primaryColor.z, w = 0.7}

While Line #871 (in v121) for the same code premise;
local color = primaryColor; color.w = 1

This may just be *IT*.

Wow, thank you for a quick reply :) I think the second solution solved my problem, and the difference in number (0.7 opposed to 1, which seems to be full brightness) explains why the city name appeared dull and dark when compared to vanilla colour. :)

if so, you've got a very sharp vision acuity;

I'm a digital painter, my vision is skewed towards colours due to this profession. ;)

Ran into this myself. In Civ V's interface options, you have to toggle the multiplayer score list. Otherwise, EUI's diplomacy sidebar will not work.

I still can't get it to work...chaning to multiplayer score list off or on does nothing...i need to be able to declare war

I still can't get it to work...chaning to multiplayer score list off or on does nothing...i need to be able to declare war
You didn't delete the "DiploList" directory of the mod, did you? Toggling that option should put circular portraits of all the leaders you've contacted on the right side of the screen. Click the leader, and you can make proposals...

Oh, wait. Declaring war isn't a proposal! Maybe there is a problem.

You didn't delete the "DiploList" directory of the mod, did you? Toggling that option should put circular portraits of all the leaders you've contacted on the right side of the screen. Click the leader, and you can make proposals...

Oh, wait. Declaring war isn't a proposal! Maybe there is a problem.

i need to be able to declare war for multiple reasons...to zone to steal CS then war so i don't lose them ect...if this isn't fixed soon i will be forced to remove

A friend and me are currently using this damn fine UI 'addon', but since we both 'installed it', it seems to crash the game more often than anyone would like. And neither of us remember it crashing that much in MP.
Both have fast internet speed & PCs and host (me) has strong machine, but it just crashes, ctrl+alt+del reveals the game to be 'non-responsive'. Any clues to what might be going on?

&

The 'mouse-over-tooltip' seems to be gone, when you hover over terrain & natural wonders.

Everytime i use this my computer crashes, is this because im using Windows 8.1? Or is it another problem with my computer? Cheers if anyone can help

Just wanna say, i went back to civ5 after i found out about beyond earth, saw this mod, installed it, and wow. It's like a new game. Now i wish i had more time to play civ5 before BE comes out haha.

Great job!

Sorry for the trouble/if this has already been answered, but is this mod compatible with Bloublou's Eras, Utities, and Religion mods on Steam? Thank you very much!

Does anyone know what has to be changed for this and Civ 4 Dipolmacy and City State Dipolmacy to work properly using whowards combined dll the instructions on the front page are out of date now.

Hello! :)

I have one question, because I cannot figure it out.
I have InfoAdict installed and Enhanced User Interface and I cannot make them to work together.
On Marbozir videos he has an additional button for InfoAddict, whereas I dont seem to be able to make it work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBwXoQ7vapg

Anyone care to help? :)

I can't get EUI to load at all. I followed all the directions and double checked them. I checked my game version (it's the most current), I downloaded the most current version of EUI, I found the DLC folder on my Mac no problem, extracted the UI_bc1 folder and put it in the folder.

But when I open Civ V there's nothing. No info bar at the top, no leader ribbon on the right, no enhanced tooltips on the pointer. The only other mods I have enabled are City Limits and the RED modpack.

I'm sure I'm missing something incredibly simple but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

I can't get EUI to load at all. I followed all the directions and double checked them. I checked my game version (it's the most current), I downloaded the most current version of EUI, I found the DLC folder on my Mac no problem, extracted the UI_bc1 folder and put it in the folder.

But when I open Civ V there's nothing. No info bar at the top, no leader ribbon on the right, no enhanced tooltips on the pointer. The only other mods I have enabled are City Limits and the RED modpack.

I'm sure I'm missing something incredibly simple but for the life of me I can't figure out what.
Did you also change the folder names to lower case?

Sorry for the double post but I run into a flickering screen after playing a few turns which makes entering dialogues like the city screen, the tech tree and diplomacy quite useless. Any clue what can cause it, I removed all files as mentioned in the manual when I aded Civ IV Diplomacy mod and have the proper DLL from whoward's Pick'nMix :(.

Love EUI but there are a few things that I wish I could change:

- Disable unit ribbon on the left (it becomes clutter once I have a heap of units)
- Move civ ribbon from right to left
- In City View, move the Production stat from the bottom left back to where it was originally

Anyone know how I could make these changes myself?

Thanks! :)

Hi BC1 and Co.

Look at my second screenshot.
Where did all the usual info go when I mouse over the leaders? Now it just shows the basic relationship status, like frinds or enemies. It used to show all the ressources availble for trade, and ongoing deals and alot more lovely info. Why have I lost it? :cry::cry:

Is it a setting I'm missing?

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000_1.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000_1.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Civ5Screen0001_1.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001_1.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 277
  • Civ5Screen0002_1.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002_1.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Civ5Screen0003_1.jpg
    Civ5Screen0003_1.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 115
I created imgur album. Screens with descriptions, they were done using 1.22a

I deleted old folder before installing EUI, I verified my game in steam, I deleted cfg files, deleted cache and moduserdata before that.

http://imgur.com/a/Xk74B

I then ran tests with 1.22, same settings, everything was fine, and then played with my usual mods selection, everything was fine too.

I only have problems with 1.22a.

edit: my dlcs. http://imgur.com/mOTZMv1 Everything is activated in steam. I use English version.

I have exactly the same problem on my laptop. Mod works fine on PC. And I believe I've found a solution to this problem. Today I transferred mod files from PC to my laptop and there was something interesting...
Here's what's inside a TechTree folder when I download a mod on my laptop:
Spoiler :

And here's the contents of the TechTree folder I've downloaded on my PC:
Spoiler :

For some reason some .LUA and .XML files are just folders named "folder.lua" or "folder.xml" and not actual .lua or .xml files.
And this happens in other modules as well, specifically those modules that you see "doubles" in-game (original interface overlapping modded).
Try this vesrion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxg6s8ceoc6q3y0/UI_bc1.rar?dl=0
That's the one I've downloaded on my PC that doesn't have those empty folders and works flawlessly on my laptop.

Top Bottom