Minor Leaders

Okay, will check that.
Thank you very much, I wouldn't have known how to do that :D

Yeah, fine with that too. However, I might add a check... Don't if I will let Naval and Siege units have the promo. I know that there is people using these but... I don't know, doesn't feel like they should have it.

You know, you could put it in def onUnitCreated instead of def onUnitBuilt to make it apply to your initial units (as well as summons, mercenaries, unit you get from events, etc) too if you wish. Naturally, you could add more if to limit it to living units without a duration or something like that if you wish.

You know, you could put it in def onUnitCreated instead of def onUnitBuilt to make it apply to your initial units (as well as summons, mercenaries, unit you get from events, etc) too if you wish. Naturally, you could add more if to limit it to living units without a duration or something like that if you wish.

I know. Decided not to, because the trait is Instructor. Should require actual training to get the benefit.

Well, I'm bad-idea-proof.

Here's the code with a naval/siege block.

Code:
		if pPlayer.hasTrait(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TRAIT_INSTRUCTOR')):
			iSiege = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE')
			iNaval = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_NAVAL')
			if unit.getUnitCombatType() != iSiege and unit.getUnitCombatType() != iNaval:
					unit.changeFreePromotionPick(iFreeProm + 1)

Here's the code with a naval/siege block.

Code:
		if pPlayer.hasTrait(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TRAIT_INSTRUCTOR')):
			iSiege = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE')
			iNaval = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_NAVAL')
			if unit.getUnitCombatType() != iSiege and unit.getUnitCombatType() != iNaval:
					unit.changeFreePromotionPick(iFreeProm + 1)
Thanks!
Spoiler :
(I'm not bad-idea-proof, by the way... wanted to clarify that I was kidding; I'm always unsure, due to me not getting every nuance in English...)

Yeah, the capital thing just seems to fit with Kane's description, and the image I have in my head... I just can't for the life of me think of a way to make it a trait. :lol:

Can you give him a unique version of the palace that is more powerful but creates a free building in every other city that is actually a nuisance?

The other thought would be sticking him with a unique civicoption that accomplishes what you want...or start him in God King and make him unable to change.

Unrelated thought:

How about Archeron and/or Orthus as minor leaders for the Clan? You'd have to block the AI building your leader and you could add the leader as a buildable hero that takes his traits with him if he dies.

Orthus - warlord/barbarian?

Archeron - Financial/barbarian? Spawns held and with horde, just like normal. Have a VERY late spell that breaks the hold.

Can you give him a unique version of the palace that is more powerful but creates a free building in every other city that is actually a nuisance?

The other thought would be sticking him with a unique civicoption that accomplishes what you want...or start him in God King and make him unable to change.

Unrelated thought:

How about Archeron and/or Orthus as minor leaders for the Clan? You'd have to block the AI building your leader and you could add the leader as a buildable hero that takes his traits with him if he dies.

Orthus - warlord/barbarian?

Archeron - Financial/barbarian? Spawns held and with horde, just like normal. Have a VERY late spell that breaks the hold.

Buildings are about the only thing I can think of myself... Already had to do something like that for Tyrant, so it can be done pretty simply. I don't want to give him a civic... Seems a bit overboard. :lol:

Acheron and Orthus are barbarians, I don't think they'd lead the Clan.

Buildings are about the only thing I can think of myself... Already had to do something like that for Tyrant, so it can be done pretty simply. I don't want to give him a civic... Seems a bit overboard. :lol:

Acheron and Orthus are barbarians, I don't think they'd lead the Clan.

I dunno...Orthus is just another Orc with a very special axe. :lol:

The Archeron strategy sounded particularly fun to me. Cranking out enchanted weapon orcs from a mostly invulnerable capital...maybe a bit overpowered. Would have to give the big A a negative trait to balance. Greedy? (extra maintenance from distant cities).

A more extreme idea for Kane: Give him Sprawling, and set the city limit to one (that might involve making a second sprawling trait, I'm not sure). Then make his settlements spawn warriors and scouts occasionally. So you get a single super-capitol, and a bunch of fairly worthless outposts that send a steady stream of recruits to the warlord for his army.

Whichever idea you go with, it might almost be worthwhile to make a new civ for Kane. The Malakim already have a lot that doesn't really fit an evil warlord, like Lightbringers, Teutorix, and their world spell. At the very least, make Lightbringers and Teutorix require Good or Neutral alignment, and create some evil counterparts.

I dunno...Orthus is just another Orc with a very special axe. :lol:

The Archeron strategy sounded particularly fun to me. Cranking out enchanted weapon orcs from a mostly invulnerable capital...maybe a bit overpowered. Would have to give the big A a negative trait to balance. Greedy? (extra maintenance from distant cities).

I believe I read somewhere that Orthus was an orc who refused to join the clan... could be mistaken though.

A more extreme idea for Kane: Give him Sprawling, and set the city limit to one (that might involve making a second sprawling trait, I'm not sure). Then make his settlements spawn warriors and scouts occasionally. So you get a single super-capitol, and a bunch of fairly worthless outposts that send a steady stream of recruits to the warlord for his army.

Whichever idea you go with, it might almost be worthwhile to make a new civ for Kane. The Malakim already have a lot that doesn't really fit an evil warlord, like Lightbringers, Teutorix, and their world spell. At the very least, make Lightbringers and Teutorix require Good or Neutral alignment, and create some evil counterparts.

That would be rather interesting, but I think too difficult to play.

I doubt I'll make him a new civ, but I think the Dervish should be tied to alignment, as well as the lightbringer. Teutorix and the worldspell maybe, but that's quite a bit more work. :lol: And Kane is Neutral, so it would be Good for Varn and Neutral for Kane and Decius.

Hrm?....

changeFreePromotionPick would add to what already exists I imagine. Thus as you wrote it one would expect to get 1 more than double the free promotions already available for the unit. Did you test with an adept?

Top Bottom