Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited religion is not checked.
So - in this mod (really great mod, but hard to understant 'em fully in 2 days :) ) - to convert to a religion you need to accept at least Phophets civics. Is it right?

Quick question, does ROMND require any of the past versions of the mod to work correctly, or is it a stand alone expansion?

I'm having trouble getting the mod to work correctly. It appears as an option in the "Load a Mod" menu, but when I select it, the game closes as though it is about to load the mod, but then the mod never actually loads...

Does it exist, or will it ever exist, a Civ V version of A new Dawn or something similarly realistic?

Not yet. And Afforess wanted to be part of this in Civ5 but it will be a very, very long wait because of the company's stubborn holding on of the C++ sources for Civ5, that Afforess will need to adapt to RAND's level of playability for Civ5.

Made worse is this: Afforess is a college student, a sophomore this fall. This will slow the development of new RAND versions even more too.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I installed the RoM (v2.92 full), then AND (v1.75) and then applied the C patch, but I still don't get all the new functions, like realistic diplomacy, multiple production and research, large cities, climbing peaks, not even the UI colour change, all I get are new buildings, units and research.
Do I have to turn something on, or what? I have no idea.

You don't need to install RoM first, AND includes everything necessary. You probably had some sort of file overwriting problems happen.

Of course it is updated.
I have Win 7 x64, Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA FeGorce G105M 512 MB, so I doubt that's the problem, I have been playing AND with RoM installed just fine, I just realized that I don't have almost all of the new functions.

@Afforess

How are things going over here? I have not been over in the A New Dawn section for quite some time. I think the last time i really was active here was when I was doing HAND stuff (before C2C). So now that Afforess is back how are things going here? What path has AND taken? Is the mod significantly smaller or more balanced? Just curious to see what has changed here.

I may try it out to see what's new in the mod. BTW have you tried out C2C Afforess? If so what do you think of it? Glad to see your still modding for Civ4. I was very surprised you even came back. Seemed like you were packing up for Civ5 or Minecraft and were leaving forever.

Anywho thanks again for teaching me to mod back in the day. It has been infinitely more rewarding being able to mod myself (as opposed to begging modders to do it for me). However I do enjoy working on the C2C team since everyone helps out and things move a bit faster then working on a project alone. But I digress, just saying hi. :D

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Is there a way to destroy roads in the mod?
If no could I add the possibility by editing XML files?

Thanks. :)

I downloaded and installed AND, it said it was done - I opened BtS, went to "Load a Mod," but it wasn't listed there. Help?

I like the personalized map feature, but would like to have the names be real Earth mountains, forests, etc. Where is the text stored for the names? Or can I put new lists in?

Also is there a way to change how many years pass per turn? The date does not reflect the technology advances in the slower games. I am playing on snail and have reached 1700 AD, but no one has yet even researched Gunpowder, so according to the technology the date would be more like 1200 AD. I have had some games go the other way, discovering flight by 1800 AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom