Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

Medieval, seriously? I don't think this is possible so early, even with GL.

Sounds like propaganda to me. I suggest Egypt give their honourable neighbours the Romans the 30 gold for setting the record straight!

The Songhai are a simple and disingenuous people and would never mislead their neighbors and friends! However, the Romans can choose to believe what they like, if they are not afraid of the threat of woodsmen longswordmen swarming from the Eastern forests, it is no concern of the Songhai. We will hide on our boats in the Great Southern Ocean and avoid the scourge that is coming.

P.S. We still want our 30 gold pieces - our merchants are starting to figure out this concept of usury so watch out!

Bah, we know there is no threat now of woodsmen longswordsmen! This is complete fantasy and further demonstrates the absurd length the Songhai propagandists will go to to spread fear in the world.

Bah, we know there is no threat now of woodsmen longswordsmen! This is complete fantasy and further demonstrates the absurd length the Songhai propagandists will go to to spread fear in the world.

Longswords no. Swordsman yes. Any other civ and I would of been ok. But he rolled Monty.:(

If someone could send a distraction it would be much apprecitated. If I fall, he has the entire eastern side of the map and I dont see anyone stopping him.

Your distant cousins, the Chino-Russians, are coming to your aid!

We have no desire to see the blood thirsty Aztecs gain a dominant position so close to our own territory. For surely, conquering and sacrificing one neighboring civilization would not be enough to satisfy their blood lust and they would likely turn on us next. To war! :c5war:

I'm ready for a big challenge :cowboy:

''Yeeeeha!'' said the lunatic Monty.

Just because *your* philosophers and thinkers do not work hard, does not mean that the Aztec and Songhai ones do not. We do not spread fear in the world - rather we spread knowledge of the advances made by far away civilizations and the armies building up on our borders.

The Songhai Mandeluku cavalry stand ready to repel any invaders who wish to trample upon the open plains. Until then, we watch warily for any aggressive moves from the insane eastern woodsmen.

:lol: Your cavs stand ready in your imagination!

The Songhai are the only civ that could be medieval at the moment, and even with the GL, you must have gotten lucky with ruins.

I'm ready for a big challenge :cowboy:

''Yeeeeha!'' said the lunatic Monty.

Figures Tab would be probably the only one to get iron on this iron-poor map! :rolleyes:

:lol: Your cavs stand ready in your imagination!

The Songhai are the only civ that could be medieval at the moment, and even with the GL, you must have gotten lucky with ruins.

The Songhai never got a single ruin this game - the only one even close by was taken by the Chinese Russians. If your philosophers can not admit that they were just out worked by other thinkers, they must not have much imagination :) (see earlier remark about crowded center of the map!)

Well, may your civil servants eat well from your productive riverside farms, then! Our scholars were always willing to admit being outworked, but medieval so early seemed fantasy, particularly when players are claiming the techs of steel or chivalry now. We admire the planning of the Songhai; it is no easy feat to delay construction of the Great Library until you have the prerequisite techs to pop a free one into the medieval era, without another player building it first!

Your distant cousins, the Chino-Russians, are coming to your aid!

We have no desire to see the blood thirsty Aztecs gain a dominant position so close to our own territory. For surely, conquering and sacrificing one neighboring civilization would not be enough to satisfy their blood lust and they would likely turn on us next. To war! :c5war:

Well done, bravo!

Let's see how the Aztecs fare in a land war with Russia, with two fronts no less. :eek:

Well, may your civil servants eat well from your productive riverside farms, then! Our scholars were always willing to admit being outworked, but medieval so early seemed fantasy, particularly when players are claiming the techs of steel or chivalry now. We admire the planning of the Songhai; it is no easy feat to delay construction of the Great Library until you have the prerequisite techs to pop a free one into the medieval era, without another player building it first!

The Songhai make no such claims of either building the Great Library nor having Steel nor Chivalry. Our philosophers merely extrapolate the future from past events and make predictions of the most likely results.

The only statement we wish to make is the one that earns us 30g from the Egyptian Pharoah.

Plutarch's works on the literacy rates of the mightiest civilizations showed that for a millenium, the Songhai were the only people able to read and write. No planning was required to delay construction of a library when no one else knew about books!

The Songhai make no such claims of either building the Great Library nor having Steel nor Chivalry. Our philosophers merely extrapolate the future from past events and make predictions of the most likely results.

The only statement we wish to make is the one that earns us 30g from the Egyptian Pharoah.

Plutarch's works on the literacy rates of the mightiest civilizations showed that for a millenium, the Songhai were the only people able to read and write. No planning was required to delay construction of a library when no one else knew about books!

Medieval is plausible. Steel or Chivalry is not.

Egyptian scouts are walking/driving hard to go East-wards. One of them is on wheel. Will pay you as soon as contact has been made.

Egyptian scouts are walking/driving hard to go East-wards. One of them is on wheel. Will pay you as soon as contact has been made.

East? Will you pay me 30 gold to tell you where Songhai should be? :D

East? Will you pay me 30 gold to tell you where Songhai should be? :D

Egypt Leader does not value the location of Songhai, plus the speedy Chariot should quickly go east and then south if incorrect.

Egypt leader will have 1 more gold luxury coming up next, he would like to subsidize 1 gpt to boost trade relation with the next leader accepting the resource trade deal.:p

(Ramsy would really like to get some incense or wine even the supply seems in shortage)

Egypt Leader does not value the location of Songhai, plus the speedy Chariot should quickly go east and then south if incorrect.

Egypt leader will have 1 more gold luxury coming up next, he would like to subsidize 1 gpt to boost trade relation with the next leader accepting the resource trade deal.:p

(Ramsy would really like to get some incense or wine even the supply seems in shortage)

Incense I can do. Deal.

Turn 39

China have just attacked a jaguar sir. A 2nd army will be in place soon. Also, Moscow is in sight...we can see 2 archers sir. This shouldnt be hard to go through.

''Hmm so China want to try us heh? We have no fair of this useless tribe! Moscow will fall soon...the Pyramids are going to be mine...excellent!!! Good job military advisor!''

Sir...you can just call me advisor. You already fired the other ones.

''Hmm yeah thats true...whatever...let's put the Double Blitz™ attack in place!'' said Monty, the cranked leader.

At your service sir.

Double Blitz™ ??

'Since when such powerful weapon was invented? How much gold does it cost to buy one of these toys for our Great Leader Ramsy's kids?' Egyptian scout asked.

...I think it's a tactic, rather than a unit....

As much as we were sorely disappointed with the Pyramids being built in Russia rather than Rome, the senate has passed a resolution formally mourning the civilians killed in Yaroslav'l, and those yet to be sacrificed to the bloodthirsty Aztec gods. May you at least stick in their throats.

Top Bottom