Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

I took my turn - you nag worse than my ex-girlfriend! I promise to take a turn a day now that I know it actually started and since it's the weekend I'm sure I'll take 2 - 3 :)

I think you mean I nag better than your ex. :mischief::lol:

Is m4stermel's steam profile name NullMaster?

If that's the case, we don't need to worry about him not registering his email in GMR.

Yes. (it says I need more characters, message too short, lol)

Hmn, it seems I may have messed up when I tried to give Russia to lucifer kid as requested, and given it to troll instead, only to have that overridden by whatever civs you guys picked on the site when you joined the game. All a bit confusing.

Don't worry about it . I've enjoyed getting Siam and I even spawned on a nice spot .

Cool.

I got an error message when submitting the save, however, it does seem to have rolled over to the next player. Please let me know if I need to re-do it or if it doesn't work for you, EEE.

So is it possible to play random or do you have to put in a civ? There are some strange things with the game generation. In another game I joined I got United States with Japan colors.

Now that I know Onan actually selected Songhai for me rather than random, I shall just have to pillage some of his cities in retaliation.

Now that I know Onan actually selected Songhai for me rather than random, I shall just have to pillage some of his cities in retaliation.

That's not correct, I set it up random for you as requested and you drew it randomly. I basically need a chart to explain it all, and some of it I still don't understand, but Mel might. Don't have the time now.

Don't worry about it . I've enjoyed getting Siam and I even spawned on a nice spot .

But hang on, Siam doesn't show up at all in our game, at least not in the app. It shows Songhai for you. Are you seeing Siam in the game?

So is it possible to play random or do you have to put in a civ? There are some strange things with the game generation. In another game I joined I got United States with Japan colors.

Random is possible and works fine. I think the colour issues are related to the app overriding the host's decisions when they are different from what the players picked in game setup on the website (or the app correcting host errors, as it was intended).

In this game, five players' picks on the website matched what I setup when starting the game. The three that didn't match are the ones that seem to have gone a bit strange. I tried to honor player requests in the thread, giving priority to the first poster. However, when joining the game and selecting civs on the website, at least one person made a different decision, probably because someone else had already taken their preferred civ.

So, I gave trolllogic Russia because I thought he'd requested it--my mistake, I confused him with lucifer kid. I think he must've selected random on the website, and was given Russia?! This one I'm not too clear about.

Lucifer kid I set as random (my same mistake above), but he I think selected Songhai on the web, and received it.

Finally, null master / Mel asked for Russia, but I gave him China because I'd tried to honor the earlier requests above in our thread from lucifer kid. But he had picked Russia in the app, and it overrode my decision, and he ended up with Russia in Chinese colors.

:crazyeye:

What I still don't get is how two players who went with random ended up with the same civ, and how another player on random got a civ which another player had already picked. I haven't seen that in any other MP games. All a bit mysterious, and I don't think I'll have any more to say about it!

But hang on, Siam doesn't show up at all in our game, at least not in the app. It shows Songhai for you. Are you seeing Siam in the game?

The save shows Rome and the Loading screen shows Songhai,when actually I'm playing with Siam. I guess the game doesn't allow 2 players to get the same civ,so I received Siam randomly . But,since the spawn spot is so nice and it allows me to do a interesting strategy(which obviously I won't tell :p ),I don't even care :D .

Wow, more weirdness. This is where I give up trying to understand! We'll see what actually happens in game!

Woot! Just took my turn :)

Sorry for all the confusion with how the civs got set. I probably should have communicated a bit better with Onan before he started the game, as GMR will try to enforce the selected civs on the website over what is actually setup by the host. Since realizing the mess this created for this game I've taught GMR to only do that for public games and leave private games up to the discretion of the host.

Also, I've just added a turn count and average turns/day to the website. So you can now see how fast we're going here: http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Details/92

Note that the turns represent the total number of turns players have submitted to GMR, not the "in-game" turns. So far this is the fastest GMR game I've experienced with more than 3 people! :)

So I'm stuck - I didn't put a password in before since I know most of the people playing and am not worried about cheating. Well now it's asking me for a password with the change made. I can't leave it blank.

So I'm stuck - I didn't put a password in before since I know most of the people playing and am not worried about cheating. Well now it's asking me for a password with the change made. I can't leave it blank.

Just put the password on GMR client application, but I think you managed to proceed as the turn goes on now.

Edit: I think it's the new security measure working for the save file password. Nice :goodjob:

So far this is the fastest GMR game I've experienced with more than 3 people! :)

Cool, I'm glad it's living up to its name.

I think it's really about the people. Islandia, Tabarnak, and EEE boy are all people I've played in longer multisession games with, precisely because they're reliable. You and Brian of course are developing the app, so are committed. And we seem to have gotten lucky with the other two new faces who've joined in...possibly because what was expected was spelled out up front in the set-up thread. :cool:

Oh curses I just looked at the map generator for Great Plains and judging by the lack of trees, hills, mountains, forests, swamps, and the plethora of wheat, horses and cows in the area, I guess I better be prepared to be the ham in a ham sandwich :)

I think I shall start chronicling the rise and fall of the original Songhai (not that imposter with the wrong colors) civilization.

Oh curses I just looked at the map generator for Great Plains and judging by the lack of trees, hills, mountains, forests, swamps, and the plethora of wheat, horses and cows in the area, I guess I better be prepared to be the ham in a ham sandwich :)

I think I shall start chronicling the rise and fall of the original Songhai (not that imposter with the wrong colors) civilization.

Great Wall will be a nice wonder to have then:)

Cool, I'm glad it's living up to its name.

I think it's really about the people. Islandia, Tabarnak, and EEE boy are all people I've played in longer multisession games with, precisely because they're reliable. You and Brian of course are developing the app, so are committed. And we seem to have gotten lucky with the other two new faces who've joined in...possibly because what was expected was spelled out up front in the set-up thread. :cool:

I wanted to try multiplayer but didnt want to worry about the speed clicking. So this is exactly what I was looking for. I want to say thanks for inviting me. I hope Im not lost in the woods and can find another Civ soon.

Top Bottom