DominatrNES: Infinite Struggle

hopefully we still have some time to post ...

Mr, D wait up for another 24 hours ,, pleese

my note pad doc is missing :(

can we wait some more time ? another 10 hours if possible ??

my note pad doc is missing :(

can we wait some more time ? another 10 hours if possible ??

I can wait, since i never defined a deadline, but after Chapter 0, i will begin to establish a deadline for orders. If orders don't get in, it's not a big problem, your civilization will just be less active.

If you need more time to work on your submission from earlier, then just keep it short. You can post a story later if you want something longer, but it would help if you finished the submission sometime today so i could get working. It really doesn't need to be long, i just need a brief description to distinguish it from the others so i can make a more detailed Chapter.

oh well. do post the update..
not a problem ... :)

Wait for meh! Map and details coming soon, But I reserve the spot in the end of the "French" river.

Tsk tsk, Catalonia has a culture of its own, so it'll be somewhere between the Spanish zone and the French zone. :p

Meh, I'm so lazy, it's so late... maybe tomorrow.

Chapter Zero: Sunrise (0-30 WhC)

The Gulgat river, rumored to be the most fish-dense of all rivers, was now home to something other than scaly creatures that laid eggs. Now humans, specifically a culture that called themselves the Gilgurs, began to thrive on its banks. The fish proved to be nourishing and sustaining, but as the population bustled in Gilguron's small villages around the delta, something had to be done.

Of course, the origins of agriculture are not entirely clear, the earliest known culture to practice it was Gilguron. The Gilgurs grew heaps of wheat, and eventually, they were well adjusted to the harsh desert that surrounded them, and the Gulgat gave them a great, sustainable civilization. Further along the Gulgat, where it begins to turn south, another culture called Mechpar existed. Like Gilguron, Mechpar also began as a fishing society. Somewhere along the line, people began growing small farms for their families and to trade at markets and agriculture usurped the dominance of fishing. Combined, the two sectors of food nourished Mechpar and allowed it to stabilize and give the Gilgurs something to worry about. The first Mechparian king, Kettosuhiaish, made an agreement to maintain peace with the Gilgurs, but small bands of jealous, greedy thieves began to raid the stalls of markets in the Gilgur capital of Iguhil. Frustrated with Mechpar's seemingly careless management, Gilgur forts began to spring up on the other side of the banks, adjacent to Mechparian farming villages to serve as watch posts. Neither side trusted the other.

The prosperity went further south along the river into the Pochar Hills. A new state called Ashpai was formed from remnants of thieve clans and refugees fleeing the building tensions of war to the north. The Ashpites, refining the northern farming techniques, expanded vigorously, both west to the Zezneh Sea, and east across the river. The more established families were frustrated with the ruthless leadership that the thieves provided, and the most prominent of them, the Qaotars, had enough. A rebellion was brought upon the eastern half of Ashpai, and the mercenaries Qaotar hired drove the Ashpites back across the river. Thereafter, Qaotar had become a warlord and, held a state called Otara, or the land of rivers. After seeing several years of prosperous development in Otara, Ashpai began to thirst for revenge.

The Gulgat River, although lush and powerful, was not alone. Not far to the east, the Issar River flowed south from the towering Erochthian Mountains. Related to the older Mechparians, the Keshbarians settled on the banks of the Issar. They facilitated trade of wheat and fish from Mechpar and Gilguron across the desert and up along the river to Aluhima in the north. Keshbar reaped a huge profit and as a result, they became painted with a target by the nomads still wandering the deserts in search for resources. Aluhima, the recipient of large quantities of food from the west, gave stone in return. A particular type of stone that was great for weapon crafting was traded, and Aluhima was able to support the portion of their population that mined in the mountains for strong stones for crafting.

East of the Issar, not much was going on until the land thinned to a narrow mountain pass and then expanded into another continent, known as Enpreca. The mountain pass, part of a chain called the Mosiar Mountains, gives way to a valley nourished by a river known as the Wisay River. On each side of the Wisay lay a rising kingdom. To the north was the secretive Pyrems, who built strange stone structures to measure distance and time, and to the south was the crafty Queshans, who often tricked Pyrem and fooled them into giving away their wealth. The two states have had minor disagreements, but nothing as serious as the armament and preparations around the delta. The trade coming from the Issar along the coast was the only thing that kept the Wisayan cultures informed on new standards, news and messages. Control of that delta was crucial.

For a long time, the Erochthian Mountains served as a barrier, but bands of Aluhiman journeyers ventured through the range, eventually crossing into another desert before reaching the delta of another mighty river, known as the Palesh/Ohjathi River. (Both names can be used interchangeably) At the delta and along the coast, an empire called Suppa was founded. The Suppans grew food like experts, and bustling cities soon rose. Heading north along the river, there were two more notable cultures, Holigra and Paschim Ghati, on the east and west bank, respectively. Paschim Ghati was regarded as one of the most organized cultures, at least as reported by Holigran diplomats. Their society was divided into clear classes, and Raja Jayanta, an intelligent god-king, at the head of the empire, appeared to desire more than the dense jungles that Paschim Ghati was situated in.

Unknown to most cultures, Sholdhor was at great distance from any established states. It was settled in the blacksoil steppes, which were rumored to be the toughest lands to grow food on. Sholdhoric farmers were referred to as magicians for their ability to grow crops in the dry black dirt that gave the land it's name. Besides the occasional Paschim Ghat scout traveling along the coast, Sholdhor was very isolated. That is, until they came across the magnificent jungle kingdom of Khay Lat. Khay Lat, having previously fended off nomads of the Blacksoil Steppes, had a tough time trusting the barely civilized Sholdhorics. However, there was nobody else to trade with. Thus, a friendly trading relationship was established, but a backstabbing of some sort was bound to happen in the near future.

The great rivers were not the only places home to great empires on the rise, however. A great city called Alexandria was born on the Graci peninsula, and soon became a flourishing state called Alexaendros. Alexaendrosi ships began scouring the coasts and islands for riches, coming across a war-hungry state called Kryon, and a quaint, island dwelling culture that called themselves Iomir. But, the greatest discovery was the island state of Phoces. Their great Epistates, Miltisius Holon, seemed quite friendly, but he really had other plans. Recognizing the Alexaendrosi naval power, Phoces began working on their own navy, mastering the art of shipbuilding. They began to drift along the coasts as well. Holon powered this great advancement by convincing his people that Alexaendros is led by the tyrant in exile, Illus Danios. This slight mistrust was slowly beginning to turn a friendly competition into a brutal rivalry, especially when both states set their eyes on the same locations to expand to.

West of the Graci peninsula, across the Phoryetor Sea, lay three more kingdoms. The strongest, and earliest established, Canfre, held a central location. Despite establishing good relations with Terantia to the north and Glypthus to the south, Canfre felt threatened. After all, it was not too long ago that King Augustus usurped the throne by challenging a rival family. Again, Augustus may soon wish to conduct something similar if the states around them begin to get rowdy and deceitful.

Empires have risen in jungles, by seas, along great rivers, and in scorching deserts. All of them had the same desire- to slay the rest and create an empire to be remembered.

Map:
Spoiler :

Nice update! The one thing I need is my stats, though :p

They will come with the next update. Chapter Zero doesn't exactly count as a regular update because it was not dictated by orders, it was dictated by submissions.

Your orders should contain where you want to spend points. All stats are the same for everyone now, and they are going to change when orders come in.

By the way, the deadline will always be in the first post at the top, get it in as soon as you can! :D

Top Bottom