Not Complete

Name/Player Name: The Kingdom of Kæderith/Popcornlord
Ruler/Family: House of Gyllendal
King Edgar the Bear (34)
Queen Iona (29)
Prince Audun (9)
Princess Hertha (6)
Prince Raggi (4)
Lord Sigvaldr (31, Brother of King Edgar)

Vassals:
Kingdom Biography: Tell us about your history (try to weave it into the history of your neighbors if possible), your family’s internal organization and the culture of your dynasty. Perhaps tell us about the lands your dynasty rules and your relationship to its people.
Religion: Please feel free to develop your own religions but as much as possible, make it mesh with your neighbors to some degree; religions don’t develop completely independently of its surrounding; provide context for the beliefs of the faithful.
Anything else: feel free to develop whatever else you would like- a motto, a family tree, a logo, artwork- really anything.

@Jeho: That's good. You're approved. However, a family of the ruler would be nice.

@Thomas: Could you move the migration of the Kishlahi back about 150 years? Obviously they'll be more meshed in, but it's a necessary evil.

@Seon: Your signup is approved. However, a family of the ruler would be nice.

WIP

Name/Player Name: Kingdom of the Dresul
Ruler/Family: King Vis of House Fredegar (38), Rose Prince (Heir) Tellis (22), Prince Axis (19), Princess Shonel (18), Princess Clotinel (16). Prince Maxis (15)
Vassals:

House Mattel: The oldest house of the kingdom, with their castle built where the River Sul meets the sea.

House Aravakis: Commonly derided as upstarts and forest barbarians by other houses. Their stronghold is located in the northwestern forest at the end of the river.

House Nerovon: Holds the southern end of the river. Better known for their ability to ride horseback than sail on the river.

Kingdom Biography: [Soon]
Religion: WIP: I'm thinking something along the lines of the Islander faith, only with the emphasis being on the River Mother and Forest Father. Eh, working on it.

Name/Player Name: The Kingdom of Tareen/Golden1Knight
Ruler/Family: House Ellarion
-King Donan IV (39)
-Queen Bone Tydwell (38)
-Prince Alan (18)
-Prince Tyler (17)
-Princess Taena (15)
-Princess Anna (12)

House Ellarion Coat of Arms:
Spoiler :

Vassals:
-Lord Harlan Tydwell (42): Belonging to a family that traditionally serves the lords of Tareen as stewards, Lord Harlan is a simple, traditional and hearty man. His sister, Bone, is married to the king.
-Lord Edgar Eastlyn (23): Called 'The Unwilling Lord', Edgar never intended to inherit the land of his father, but with the death of his brothers in a terrible hunting accident, he did not have much of a choice.
-Lord Andrew Osbryn (45): Cold and practical are the right words to describe this man, whose ancestors bear a strong naval tradition, where there is no place for failure.
-Lord Brandon Gallister (53): A man who lives of memories, since the future does not look promising. His family had been powerful in the past, but nowadays its power was drastically reduced to the point that they are no longer relevant. Perhaps its unique possession of value is its ancient fortress.

Kingdom Biography:

Tareen is an ancient kingdom, located in a geographically diverse area. To the north, it borders the waters of the Great Bay and the Small Sea. To the west it borders an peninsula, and to the east it borders vast plains located between two mountain ranges. To the south it borders the Great Sea in all its infinite vastness.

History portrays Tareen as an ancient kingdom with distinct military traditions. Since its origins, when the first self-proclaimed King of Tareen, Arthor Ellarion, came to power, the people of Tareen rarely saw defeat in the battlefield, for two reasons: They rarely marched beyond their homeland, where they were masters of defense, and when they did, they always surprised their enemies by their courage on the battlefield. By sea, they were known for their strategy: even when outnumbered, they used to win their battles, thanks to brilliant naval commanders, whose names were recorded in history.

Always isolated, they were not seen with good eyes by their neighbors. Few foreigners were allowed to inhabit their lands, and their kings often married local families. They fought with all their strength against the Conquest, but when they saw they had no choice, they surrendered. The years under the domain of the Kings of Auronas served to make them more receptive to other people, to the point that they have forgotten their old isolationist ways. Because of their proximity to the capital, the Lords of Tareen were in the group of the most influential vassals in the royal court. Whenever the capital was in danger, they were the first to come to the rescue.

Before a resentful vassal, they became the most loyal vassal of the king.

Tareen is divided into five lordships:

Spoiler :

-The Lands of the Crown (or Lordship of the Lake), heart of the kingdom, whose center is the Sacred Lake. The local people is largely made ​​up of woodcutters, and the local forests are well known for the exceptional quality of the hunts. As the name says, these lands belong directly to the Lord of the Lake, also King of Tareen, Donan Ellarion. The royal family lives in the fortress of Lakecastle. Nearby there are two towns: Black Oak and Esthellen Hill.

-Lordship of Waterfront, renowned for producing galleys with the best available wood. The local population is composed mostly by fishermen and traders, besides the traditional woodcutters. They are more receptive to foreigners, because of their frequent participation in trade. These lands belong to the House Osbryn, and its current lord is Andrew. The Osbryn inhabit the castle of Saltstone, and manage the city of Greyshell.

-In the valley of the Esthellen River, the Lordship of the River Lands occupies the land to the northwest. Due to the local soil fertility, the region is known for its agricultural production. Most of the local population is made up of farmers, with some traders on the coast of the Bay. Its lord is Harlan of the House Tydwell, whose ancestral home is the castle of Red Tower. Near the mouth of the river, lies Bridgeport, a port city where much of the agricultural exports are shipped.

-The Lordship of the Mountains, a vast region that is extensively excavated in search of ores, and as such its population is composed mostly of miners. The current Lord of the Mountains is Edgar Eastlyn, that inhabits the castle of Peak Keep. Situated in a small valley between the mountains, lies Goldtown, a small community of miners who prospered and grew to become the largest city in the region.

-The Lordship of the Plains and the Narrow Coast, before belonging to two separate houses, were recently united under the House Gallister. The plains region is inhabited only by shepherds, being isolated from the Narrow Coast by a small mountain range. The only way to cross these mountains is through the Prince's Way, a narrow path guarded by a castle, Prince's Keep, the power base of House Gallister. Between the mountains and the sea, the Narrow Coast is home to fishermen and hunters, and shelters a city, Narrow Town.

Major Castles and Cities of the Kingdom of Tareen

Spoiler :

-Lakecastle: The current seat of the Royal Court of Tareen, this castle has a curious history and remarkable architecture. This fortress was built on an islet near the bank of the lake, by the ancient Kings of the Forest. The only access is through a drawbridge that can be raised at any sign of danger, since the rest is protected by the deep, cold waters of the lake. However, in the event that the invader build small boats and try to attack, this castle has a solid wall and tall stone towers, raining death on would-be conquerors. Defenses aside, the home of the House Ellarion is also comfortable and beautiful: The Hall of the Warrior, with its several fireplaces, Cold Hall, known for their absence, and the Throne Hall (before it was the Lord's Hall), with its trapdoor giving access to the cool waters of the lake.

-Black Oak: Settled next to a swamp, this city is known for being often covered with mist, and also for having a strange black oak situated in the city center. This gnarled tree of mysterious origins gives name to the town, and many think it is just a tree that was burned in a distant past that no one bothered to give the final blow. The local population is mainly dedicated to hunting and logging.

-Esthellen Hill: The largest city in the entire forest, this community has grown with the advent of local trade, serving as a trading post between the port city and the capital, and also providing to the southern coast agricultural items. Situated on a hill, and bordering the river Esthellen, this city is easily defended, being only possible to attack it from the north. Due to its importance, the city is defended with thick stone walls, which almost make it a castle.

-Red Tower: The headquarters of the House Tydwell, this fortress was built recently, after the Conquest. It is composed of a thick wall and five towers: four of them distributed along the perimeter of the castle, and the fifth tower located in the center of the fortress, higher and stronger than the others. This central tower is where the Lord and his family live, and its red color gives the name of Red Tower to the castle.

-Bridgeport: The most populous city of Tareen, is also responsible for most of the trade of the kingdom, exporting the grains planted in excess, in addition to receiving shipments of wood coming from the forest. Its local militia is known throughout the kingdom as extremely efficient, given the lack of natural defenses in the region. Even so, it is fortified with walls and towers, and the port is isolated from the main part of the town.

-Saltstone: This ancient fortress belongs to House Osbryn for generations. Since always the main stronghold of the entire south coast, this castle is feared by any pirate who has any sense of reason. Built on a cliff by the sea, this castle is like a sentinel, always alert to any threat from the sea. Close to the forest, it is not uncommon that this place serve as a shipyard in times of need.

-Greyshell: All those seeking a top quality fish should come to this city. Natural navigators, the inhabitants of this town handle a fish net with as much skill as a spear or sword. The population is small, as is the town.

-Prince's Keep: An impressive fortress, it was built to guard the mountain pass that gives access to the coast. Invade the Narrow Coast by land without taking this castle is impossible. The castle uses the natural high ground as their walls, and the pass is guarded by a tunnel with a fortified gate, which is underneath the main stronghold. There are also two towers, one to the north, where one can see the plains, and another to the south, where the coast can be observed. This unconventional fortress is home to the House Gallister.

-Narrow Town: A small town whose inhabitants live in the peaceful and secure Narrow Valley. There they can hunt and cut wood in peace, without worrying about sudden attacks, except by sea. Because of this single vulnerability, they established several forts along the coast, the largest being Narrow Town, which even has a small harbor and a small stone wall.

-Peak Keep: A castle situated between the mountains and therefore difficult to access. It has high walls and towers, which frustrate anyone who thinks they will have here an easy conquest, because, besides being bombarded by arrows coming from the top, they will have to fight uphill. This fortress is the home of House Eastlyn, and the Lord Protector of the Mountains.

-Goldtown: Known for its gold mines that give the city its name, this thriving community enriched rapidly, becoming the largest of the so-called "mining towns". Its mayor, vassal of the Eastlyn, exerts great power in the region. Aware of the need to protect that golden wealth, high stone walls are currently under construction, financed by the mayor and other wealthy citizens of the city, with the endorsement of the local lord.

Religion: The Worship of the One

The people of Tareen maintains an ancestral belief in a single deity, the One. He created all things, and his will is above any other. Any other deity is merely the result of human ignorance. To ensure that the creator be praised appropriately, the Order of the One strives to spread the divine word and destroy the pagan faiths. This Order is led by the High Priest, who has direct contact with the One. Below him are the common priests, those who maintain and manage the Temples.

Golden1knight... You are directly on my claim XD

Edit: In fact, you have directly mentioned owning the strait which was where I specifically placed the capital of my kingdom and made absolutely no references to the kingdom of Aelrich. Ergo, I must assume that you have not even read my application.

Very much a work in progress.

Name/Player Name: United Kingdoms of Cságyűk-Észtergyálj [Nagykadzsámëg Égyszűr Cságyűkésztergyáljőlü]/ Bair_The_Normal

Ruler/Family: House of Őctahágyűrë [Úrákagy Őctahágyűrëszől]

-King Dzsűkadzs III [III. Dzsűkadzs Nagykadzsámj] (27)

-Queen Hellyegy [Hellyegy Nagykadzsámynő] (25) (Originally from House of Árgy)

-Crown Prince Szaladz [Szaladz Hágyekőrős] (6)

Vassals:

-House of Árgy [Úrákagy Árgyaszől]/Light Blue: The House of Árgy has an uneasy marriage alliance with the ruling House of Őctahágyűrë. The House of Árgy was traditionally the ruling house of the Kingdom of Észtergyálj.

-House of Fahérdzságy [Úrákagy Fahérdzságyaszől]/Light Grey:

-House of Hadzmőlők [Úrákagy Hadzmőlőkőszől]/Orange:

-House of Zseketőr [Úrákagy Zseketőrészől]/Olive Green:

Kingdom Biography: Tell us about your history (try to weave it into the history of your neighbors if possible), your family’s internal organization and the culture of your dynasty. Perhaps tell us about the lands your dynasty rules and your relationship to its people.

Religion:

Populace:

The Dzögyak ethnic group form the majority of the peoples under the dominion of the Iron Crown, as well as the Houses of Őctahágyűrë, Árgy, and Fahérdzságy.

Another Work in Progress...

Name/Player Name: Kingdom of Aernolea/ Lord_Herobrine
Ruler/Family: Name of your current ruler and his immediate family.
Vassals: A list of the most prominent and powerful vassals your lord has. Should number approximately three, with a short description of each family. You can include other, minor vassals should you wish.
Religion: Please feel free to develop your own religions but as much as possible, make it mesh with your neighbors to some degree; religions don’t develop completely independently of its surrounding; provide context for the beliefs of the faithful.
Anything else: feel free to develop whatever else you would like- a motto, a family tree, a logo, artwork- really anything.

Edited my submission to include some crude maps and also added some fluff.

Religion:
The people of Ciaden are a very pious people. They worship 2 holy beings, the Father and his prophet the Reclaimer.
In the olden days of yore, a young traveler walked along an untamed road. After months of traveling he was out of food and water, and was robbed, beaten bloody, and was broken. He fell to his knees and lay in the ruined road, ready to die. But just as all hope was lost, the clouds parted, and the sun shined upon his face. He looked up and heard an ancient, wise, ethereal voice.
"Oh my boy, my poor, poor boy. Stand and hear me.", the voice said. "You, my boy have suffered greatly and your people have taken everything from you. But I am here to tell you that all is not lost. You are my prophet, and I have chosen you to spread the word of my glory. I shall heal your wounds, I shall fill your heart with love, and I shall let you Reclaim yourself from the wicked.", and his voice faded off. As it happened, the bruised mans wounds healed and he was transformed into a young man once more, and he went on to spread the word of the Father's glory.

Can we have a name for your faith? And if it has none amongst its practitioners, what do outsiders call it?
Name/Player Name
Religion: The people of Tareen maintains an ancestral belief in a single deity, the One. He created all things, and his will is above any other. Any other deity is merely the result of human ignorance. To ensure that the creator be praised appropriately, the Order of the One strives to spread the divine word and destroy the pagan faiths. This Order is led by the High Priest, who has direct contact with the One. Below him are the common priests, those who maintain and manage the Temples.

Again, what is your faith called (something to differentiate it)?

Golden1knight... You are directly on my claim XD

Edit: In fact, you have directly mentioned owning the strait which was where I specifically placed the capital of my kingdom and made absolutely no references to the kingdom of Aelrich. Ergo, I must assume that you have not even read my application.

G1K, Seon,
After speaking with Arrow Gamer, we're going to say that its first come first serve on 'royal holdings' (small core lands within your kingdom) and so while Seon's claim to other lands around the strait are up for grabs by other claimants, his core lands should be respected.

If you two make claims next to each other it would be nice if you wrote histories that reflected having one another as neighbors.

All
Indeed, we would be happy to see claims reflect the writings of the other players... faiths that are versions of another house's religion for example. Another might be ethnic peoples shared between houses... The more we cooperate at this stage the more believable the world is.

@immaculate: I'm cooperating with Thomas right now in world building regarding how our two nations view each other. Aelrichi men are descendants of the islander race in Thomas's nation. Midoans are likely closely related as well. I believe we are also cooperating to flesh out the Court of the Sea Mother religion.

@Golden1Knight:

If you want to contact me to discuss things regarding claims, feel free to contact me via PM.

The immediate area the size of...say...Scotland or Lower Greece around the strait is my core holding and is mine. I would appreciate if you respect that. I would personally also like to keep the mountains of House of Arco, even though it is not my core holding. It is a sacred place to my religion of the Sundered Knot due to its relationship with primary practitioners: the Midoans.

I am unsure as to how your religion can fit within my own kingdom due to its dogmatic nature. We can talk about that, although I would appreciate if you put in significant influences of the Sunken Queen religion or the Sundered knot religion if you choose to start near me.

I feared something like this would happen when I could not figure out what was the location described by Seon. :p

No problem, I will choose another place, and soon I will edit my application.

APPLICATION EDITED.

Due to the current WIP nature of signups atm, I will not be updating the OP with players for a while, unless they signify they are completely done, at which point no further edits will be included in the OP. I will also be deleting any players listed now.

I will also try to update religions, but that will often be out of date.

Thank you.

Name/Player Name: Duchy of Langro/merciary

Ruler/Family: Duke Cantos of House Treiscos (Age 44)
Wife: Stehonia Treiscos (Age 36)
Son: Atherian Treiscos (Age 20)
Daughter: Fena Treiscos (Age 8)

Motto: Forever towards the Horizon

Vassals:
House Gildblade: Found by the leader of the mercenary band which aided the Treiscos rebellion/reclamation. The house maintains a strong martial tradition and close connections with several mercenary bands. Like all of Langro's "new" nobles they are quick to anger when their less than noble heritage is mentioned. They control the western islands and peninsula.
Motto: Earned through Strength

House Gathous: Founded by one of the minor families during the Treiscos uprising they originally had very little land to their name. However their power has since expanded considerably over the past two generations through considerably lucky marriages, though if rumors are to be believed luck may have been aided considerably. They now control the southern islands and much of the nearby shore. Out of the new Langroian nobles they are among the least concerned with their image and openly display their closeness with merchants and guilds.
Motto: There is always a path

House Haro: House Haro was the only "old" family that sided with Treicos during the uprising though that choice was forced by the King of Auronas having their heir as a hostage. Despite being on the winning side of that conflict many in the family now question the decision their ancestor had made. Most of the family has grown to resent the rise of new nobles and the rise of old Langroian culture. The control the western peninsula,
Motto: Steadfast and True

Kingdom Biography: Langro was originally ruled by a series of petty kings who rise to power and would fade away as soon as their strength faded. Raids against the mainland were common place and were often used to to prove ones bravery. These raids proved to be their downfall when a second son of some Leng was able to rally enough support, primarily through the promise to end the raids, to conquer the island. The clans which fought over and ruled the islands found themselves forced out of their traditional power bases and as a result most faded away or married into the conquering houses; those that remained generally became merchant families. The Leng attempted to spread their culture to the island but saw little success with most the population only paying lip service to them. A Leng ruled over Langro for several generations until two generations ago when the duke decided to take advantage of a revolt in the mainland to declare himself independent. This was when the king of Auronas was presented with an offer from one of the most successful Langroian merchant families, the Treiscos. They would win Langro back for the king in exchange they were to become the new duke. Seeing little to lose the king accepted.
Little did the duke know but had done little to hide his ambitions to be independent and all of the old, old families, which had now become immensely wealthy, planned to use his foolish ambitions to take back their island. They secured contacts with numerous mercenary companies with either gold or the promise of noble titles. The merchant plot caught the duke completely by surprise who was not expecting an attack to come from the island itself. His forces were quickly routed with he and his co-conspirators being captured and sent to the king to face his justice. All of the "old" nobles, besides House Haro, were stripped of their titles and were replaced by those who supported the Treiscos. Since the uprising the Treiscos have been loyal subjects of the king and attempted to assure their neighbors they have have become "proper" nobles and not attempting to encourage other merchants to follow their example.

Religion: The original Langroians practiced a primitive mythology that focused on using dreams to predict the wills of spirits. The Leng brought with them the faith of the Sundered Knot, which quickly became the dominate religion on the islands. While the conquerors maintained a faith similar to those on the mainland, with heavy focus on the Heart, the natives began to create a very different faith. Combining the old ways with the ideas of the Sundered Knot they created the Path of Dreams which holds the Soul as the most important deity. They believe that the Soul taught humanity how to read the wills of the Pieces' of the Knot through dreams. They also place more focus on the minor Pieces of the Knot, called the Frayed, as these minor spirits are far more likely to interact with individuals than the major deities. While still disorganized the Path of Dreams puts more focus on temples than the orthodox Sundered Knot faith as interpenetrating dreams accurately requires the focus that comes with a dedicated priesthood. Oracles are also heavily featured in the Path of Dreams, often invoking both the Soul and Whisper to give them hints of the future in their dreams.

Potentially interested. I might post more later.

Name/Player Name: The Kingdom of Telaar, House Telaara

Ruler/Family:

King Loram II (43)
Queen Ilacia Syad (39)

Prince Loram (18) (Son and heir)
Wife: Lady Leona Remyn (17)

Prince Gotam (16) (Son)

Princess Marsell (13) (Daughter)

Realm's Borders in Purple, Crown holdings in pink (includes the three islands to the north).

House Telaara
House Telaara has long been the rulers of Highlordship of Telaar (the area around the capital city, and main castle of the Kingdom -- black square on the map). The House's sigil is an eagle flying above two tall peaks. Their center of power is located around the city of Illirio, and their massive castle complex which is known as Great Fortress of Rymos. They House also controls a second area of power, the Highlordship of Desto, which is currently ruled by Lord Manx of House Telaara (a cousin of King Loram).

Notable Vassals
  • Lord Tym, House Syad (62)
  • Lord Robar, House Olyene (48)
  • Lord Reginold, House Remyn (31)
  • Lady Tyta, House Quor (58)

House Syad:
Easily the second richest, and most powerful House in The Kingdom. They call the Isles de Lal (largest island to the north) and de Lel (medium island in archipelago) their home (large northern island). They have long been allies to House Telaara, and are among their most loyal vassals. Their strength and power has been solidified as of late, not only because of their huge fleets, and fertile lands, but because of the marriage of King Loram, and Queen Illacia.

House Olyene:
Another powerful House in the Kingdom. Their holdings encompass most of The Ridge (the mountains of the interior). They are powerful because of the very productive mines, holding the vast majority of the Kingdom's iron, gold, lead and tin deposits. House Olyene has long been a major power in the Kingdom, and it and House Telaara have long been antagonists to each other, both vying for power of the whole kingdom.

House Remyn:
Another major vassal of the Kingdom. House Remyn is another loyal vassal to the House Telaara, and are actually one of the cousin dynasties to the royal house, the two diverged about 250 years ago when one of the sons of a Telaara Kings formed his own dynasty.

House Quor:
Another major vassal, yet House Quor is more of an upstart, and it is not as respected as the other major Houses of the Kingdom. (As it is relatively newer, and it is harder for them to trace their lineage back to the first nobles of the Kingdom).

Spoiler :

(Syad in brown, Quor in yellow, Remyn in blue, Olyene in green, lesser houses control the rest of the land)

Kingdom Biography:
The Kingdom of Telaar first emerged about 560 years ago, when King Rymos I of House Telaara unified the people of the West into a massive Kingdom. Since then the Kingdom has fluctuated in size, and while considerably smaller currently than it was at its peak, it is still a force to be reckoned with.

The capital of the Kingdom (marked by black box) is the City of Illirio. The city is a massive, and magnificent creation of King Rymos, and also serves as the center of House Telaara. Every noble house, including the royal house, descends from the first men who inhabited the region. Their power, and claim to nobility comes from this descendence (House Quor is far newer, and their lineage does not trace back as well, and thus they are looked down upon.)

Religion:

The religion of the Kingdom is sort of a mixture of The Worship of The One. The Talaareans worship one diety, called "The One" but that is where the similarities end. The Telaareans take more of a twist on the Eastern religion, by incorporating their nature, mainly The Ridge.

The Ridge is the power of their faith, and home of The One. The One created the first men, in the heartlands of the Ridge, who then spread out and populated the planet. The original leaders (or so lore dictates) of the first men are the foundations of the major houses. These foundational heads were made, single handily by The One (thus their Houses are literally the creation of God, and their power must be respected).

The spiritual center of the religion lies in the heart of House Olyene's territory, in a holy place called 'The Edge'. It is a huge religious complex built on the edge of a giant cliff, over looking the seat of House Olyene's power, this is where The One is said to inhabit.

Um ZeletDude you lay claim to the part were my kingdom at but I decide to change my map and picked somewhere else.

edit: Ok I edit my new kingdom map and am almost done with my sheet just have to make descriptions for vassal houses.

Name/Player Name: The Kingdom of Rallus / Ophorian

Ruler/Family: House Castus, Stewards of the Rift

King Amaros II (49)
Queen Medele (48), m. Amaros II

Crown Prince Ventos (27), first son of the King
Princess Elanne (27), m. Ventos
Prince Faeros (6), first son of the Crown Prince
Princess Elisse (3), first daughter of the Crown Prince

Second Prince Caldos (25), second son of the King
Princess Maere (23), m. Callados
Princess Kaele (5), first daughter of the Second Prince

Princess Seyre (17), first daughter of the King, twin sister of Princess Kelle
Princess Kelle (17), second daughter of the King, twin sister of Princess Seyre

The purple realm marks the royal demesne.

Vassals:
The following are the High Lords of Rallus, ordered by influence:

Major Houses

House Rhocus, Stewards of the Granite Throne (red)
The seat of House Rhocus, the Granite Keep, is at the base of a large granite, throne-shaped structure embedded into the side of Mt. Rallus, the second highest peak in the mountain range. It is said that the titan slumbered on this 'throne' for eons before he awoke and carved the Great Rift. As stewards of the holiest site in the country and in the worship of Rallus, House Rhocus wields considerable religious and societal influence.

House Vathus, Wardens of the Plains (peach)
The seat of House Vathus is the castle of Hollow Hill, a large fortress built into and atop a large, solitary hill that sits amidst the largest plain in Rallus. Though farming and food production occurs both in the Vale and in the lands of House Selvas, House Vathus is considered the breadbasket of the country.

House Selvas, the Sea Lords (light green)
The seat of House Selvas is the port of Calladan, the largest port in the country and a centre of trade. The merchants of Calladan are among the wealthiest men in Rallus, providing House Selvas ample funds to retain a large force to compensate for their smaller territory.

House Turos, Wardens of the Vale of Turos (dark brown)
Serados, seat of House Turos, lies on the border of Rallus as a frontier fortress. As the second largest food producer in Rallus, food exports from the Vale of Turos largely feed the southern half of the country. As well, the river to the west on the border of the Vale is a major hub for those wishing to trade with or travel to Telaar or the United Kingdoms. A substantial expatriate community of Dzögyaks have also settled in the Vale, making it the most multicultural area in a largely monocultural region.

Minor Houses

House Alkos, Guardians of the Silver Pass (dark green)
The seat of House Alkos, Silverspire, is home to the Smiths Guild, which directly employs a substantial portion of the economy, and indirectly influences most of it. Famed craftsman, members of House Alkos are amongst the most skilled and experienced smiths, architects, masons and craftsmen in the land.

House Estos, Protectors of the Kingswood (yellow)
The seat of House Estos, Oakmont, sits atop a mountain overlooking the Kingswood, the largest and densest forest in Rallus. The export of timber for construction is the primary industry in the region.

House Calvos, the Sword of Rallus (golden-brown)
The seat of House Calvos, the Grey Citadel, lies atop a massive cliff on the coast of Rallus. Famed for their fierce warriors, the region has a strong militaristic tradition, and many are employed by the Sea Lords as guardians and added muscle for merchant voyages.

House Brennos, the Shield of Rallus (teal)
Famed for its endurance of a seven year siege by barbarians in ancient times, the seat of House Brennos is the great fortress of Bren. House Brennos has since fallen from practical influence, though they are still a widely respected and revered family.

House Emros, Watchers of the Western March (blue)
Similar to House Brennos, the Watchers of the Western March were elevated to nobility in decades past in gratitude of their defense against marauders from the West. With that threat largely vanished, House Emros has minimal influence and risks being incorporated under the influence of House Calvos of the Grey Citadel. Their seat, the once-mighty castle of Terras, has fallen into a state of disrepair.

Kingdom Biography:

Separated by the Hellas mountain range, the Kingdom of Rallus (named after the titan Rallus, the central figure in Rallusan lore and religion) is a fractious union of ten houses, united by House Castus, which controls the sole pathway and travel route through the mountains. Rallus was united under House Castus in an uprising against Telaaran subjugation, after which a community of Rallusians moved to the coast to form the nation of Chiart. With the formation of Rallus approximately four centuries ago, the kingdom has grown steadily outwards, though the people largely prefer to stay near the mountains for primarily religious reasons.

Tradition holds that the people of Rallus have lived in the region since time immemorial, but communication and trade across the mountains was impossible until the mythic titan, Rallus, emerged from beneath the mountains and carved out the valleys and canyons that comprise what has now been dubbed the "Great Rift". The creation of the Great Rift paved the way for populations from both sides of the mountain range to settle the mineral-rich mountain range, bringing great prosperity and wealth to the region. House Castus has since controlled the Great Rift, thereby controlling then path from North to South, and by extension, the country itself.

In the centre of the Great Rift, at the confluence of the three branches, lies the city of Gallos, the Shining City, capital of the Kingdom of Rallus. Supposedly raised by the titan, the city's imposing towers and spires are even a match in height with some of the surrounding peaks. Famed for their craftsmanship with metalworking and architecture, Rallusan crafts are highly sought after in the surrounding regions.

Religion:

Worship of the Titan Rallus is the state religion, dubbed the Titan's Way. Mountains are emphasized as sacred structures, and the summits of the Hellas mountain range are holy sites where one may communicate with the titan himself. The Titan's Way emphasizes Rallus not as divine, but as a force of nature, a Mountain 'God'. The Titan's Way posits that just as Rallus is the titan of the mountain and the rock and the earth, supreme amongst the spirits of the elements. The Granite Throne is the holiest site for worshippers of Rallus, and the belief holds that one day, Rallus will return to take his seat, rewarding the adherents of the Titan's Way for their stewardship of his throne.

Ethnicity:

A largely monolithic ethnic group, Rallus is comprised of ethnic Rallusians. A typical Rallusian is light-skinned, possesses striking green eyes and light-brown hair. An exception can be made for inhabitants of the Vale of Turos, as intermarriage with resident Dzögyaks have made for a more diverse range of appearances.

Top Bottom