TheLizardKing

Let's talk Michelle.
Starting Map

Spoiler :

Updates

1882, part 1/1882, part 2

Thanks in advance to LoE and EQ.

Welcome to the world of Belle Époque.

This NES will be ran similar to my previous NES's, namely the Six-Months War series.

The NES starts in 1880, in the wake of a quickly modernizing world. This timeline is very similar to our original timeline in terms of technology, albeit it suffered a divergent point sometime in 1815, which allowed for Napoleon to gain a favorable peace in Europe, and the United States to lose the War of 1812.

The Rules

Anybody can play this NES, but not everyone can be a Great Power. If you see an open nation, just go ahead and take over for them. In order to keep your nation though, you must send orders consistently. If you continuously miss the deadline, I reserve the right to kick you out. I also reserve the right to take nations away from players, if the players are acting OOC (out of character), just doing a generally terrible job, or being a nuisance.

I for one, love stories, or anything that one could consider to be a 'world building action', such as maps, flags, or anything else you feel like making an argument about. As such, I have had a policy in my past few NES's to reward players who post stories, or anything else of that nature between updates, as a way to flesh out this world a little bit. These bonuses are generally small, and aren't too consequential, but it's my way of recognizing the players that put forth a little bit more effort to develop a character for their country. Rewards cannot be stacked however, so don't feel obligated to write multiple stories (though that would be nice!). Not everyone has the same amount of time to dedicate to the NES, and it would be unfair for someone to get that many more bonuses because they have the time and ability to write multiple stories. This is also done to prevent poor story spam.

This world is meant to be realistic, but also fun. Feel free to include real-world figures from our past, and throw them into new and interesting situations. It's always interesting seeing who may pop up where.

When asking about when the update will be up, keep in mind that I have a life outside of NESing, and real life is always a priority to this. I will do my best to update in a timely manner, but constantly asking or complaining about the time taken to update is generally annoying. Anyone who has moderated an NES before can understand.

I also reserve the right to redact any player action, or consider it non-canon, and just make it disappear. If any action is ridiculous enough, or OOC enough, I do have the right to step in and just plain and simple make it not happen. I won't be abusing the power, and thankfully, never have really had to use it to any major extent. If you're ever that worried about whether or not your action will be IC (in-character) or not, it probably isn't. But just to humor you, feel free to ask me, and I will explain my position, and why you can or can't commit to that action.

This is the base template;

This is the base template I have used for national stats.

Nation Name
Government Type
Capitol:
Stability:
Economic Power:
Trade:
Army:
Navy:

Nation Name

Self-explanatory.

Government Type

The style of government you have, and what type of ruling faction is in place.

The center of your nation's government.

Stability

How stable your nation is. Stability is based on a regional level; low stability in one region will affect stability across the whole nation. Stability also affects your economy, so try to keep your people happy.

Economic Power:
Trade:

Your economic power and trade abilities are closely associated stats. Your economic power is how much "money" your nation has to spend each turn. The Economic Points or EP, can be spent on national improvements, military designs, or buying units. This will fluctuate drastically each year, depending on world events, wars, etc. You can bank EP, to be spent at a later time.

Trade on the other hand, is a way for a small nation to grow it's economy quickly, and a way for big nations to get even bigger. Each nation is allotted a certain number of Trade Agreements. A larger nation, such as the United States will have more trade opportunities than a smaller nation, like Texas. It's possible for your number of Trade Agreements to go up, through in game action, though it's not easy, and is largely based on the events and actions of others, not just yourself. Land-locked nations are missing out on this lucrative stat, and may find it in their best interests to carve a way to the coast.

How does trade world exactly? Each nation has a trade value, which is entirely based on their in game economy. To use my previous example, the United States' trade worth would obviously be higher than Texas's. For a smaller nation, securing a trade agreement with the United States would be highly advantages for it's economy. On the flip-side, that same trade agreement may be just a drop in the bucket for the United States. Powers and smaller nations must use these agreements to better themselves, their political positioning, and of course their economy.

All nations that have a land border, and that are not at war already are trading cross-border, unless players have otherwise noted.

Now the problem with this system, is that it's very possible for the largest world economies to only trade with one another, and squeeze out the smaller powers. That being said, the Great 8 (the 8 largest economies) and the Less-than-Great 8 (the next 8 largest) will have different rates of trade when dealing with one another. So trade between the United States and Great Britain won't be as fruitful as trade between the United States and a minor power all the time. The Great 8 and the Less Than Great 8 Will be posted at the end of each update.

Be careful becoming too reliant on one particular nation for trade.

Army:
Navy:

Your fighting forces.

On the Matter of Technology

Technological development is handled differently in a variety of NES's, and in my experience can be great or detrimental to the NES. For the sake of simplicity, the system of technological development in the NES is going to be regulated by myself. It's perfectly acceptable for the rate of development for this timeline to advance a bit further, or lag behind OTL, but all in all, the time periods will be relatively similar.

Of the many ideas that I will be stealing from EQ in this respect, will be the ideal of SRP's, or Special Research Products. Every now and then a scientist or group in your nation will send you a message (privately) letting you know that with proper funding, certain advances or technologies may be discovered. Sometimes these are fruitful, sometimes they fail magnificently.

On the Matter of Industrialization

Most nations will start the NES fairly industrialized, and 'modern', but not all of them. Nations such as Japan, China, Korea, Khalistan, etc. have the potential to industrialize and go toe-to-toe with their Western counter-parts, but only after some time, and trial and error. Industrialization can be quick and potentially volatile, with the support of another power, or slow and independent. Until then, these pre-Industrial nations will not be afforded the same unit selection as industrialized nations, and will economically and militarily fall behind in the long-run.

Generic Unit Pricing

Industrialized Nations:
Infantry Brigade: 5 EP
Artillery Brigade: 7 EP
Cavalry Brigade: 10 EP
Battleship: 45 EP/2 turns to recruit
Cruiser: 32 EP/2 turns to recruit
Frigate: 16 EP
Gunboat: 8 EP

Non-Industrialized Nations
Infantry Brigade: 3 EP
Artillery Brigade: 10 EP
Cavalry Brigade: 5 EP
Gunboat: 12 EP

Unique Units

I will be employing a system exactly like EQ's UU system in Capto Iugulum. All nations can develop any sort of unit that they wish, by employing a point system. Each point will have an EP cost, and will branch off of Generic Units, which all have a base '1' point in each category. Each unit has different categories. Since no nation is starting out with unique units, I'll leave it to each player to contact me and discuss further more in depth how the point system works for the unit they have in mind. From there, the standard will be set, and you can all base it off of that.

Please submit any and all questions to me, I'll be happy to answer them, or work with you to find a solution. Particularly good questions will be added to the FAQ found below.

Spoiler Industrial stats :

The Dominion of Canada
Dominion of the British Empire
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Sioux Rebellion, Nationalism
Capitol: Toronto
Stability: 8
Economic Power: 117(20)
Trade: 1/4
Army: 23 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Cruisers, 7 Frigates, 10 Gunboats

The Dominion of Michigan
Dominion of the British Empire
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Sioux Rebellion, Economy
Capitol: Detroit
Stability: 7
Economic Power: 40
Trade: 0
Army: 13 Infantry Brigades, 3 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 8 Gunboats

Immaculate
The United States of America
Republic: Washingtonians
Issues: War in Patagonia, Slavery, Sioux Rebellion, Immigration
Capitol: Richmond
Economic Power: 384
Trade: 8/8
Army: 86 Infantry Brigades, 23 Cavalry Brigades, 26 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 3 E. Kirby Smith-class Battleships(1)
Spoiler Colonies :

Cuba: 4 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Nicaragua: 4 Infantry Brigaes, 2 Artillery Brigades
Chilean Expedition: 28 Infantry Brigades, 20 Cavalry Brigades, 15 Artillery Brigades, 2 E. Kirby Smith-class Battleships, 8 Battleships, 25 Cruisers, 25 Frigates, 53 Gunboats, 8 Valkyrie-Class Gunboat

The Commonwealth of New England
Republic: Federalists
Capitol: Boston
Issues: War in Patagonia, Colonial Expansion, Immigration
Economic Power: 137(7)
Trade: 4/5
Army: 44 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 10 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 8 Battleships, 14 Cruisers, 17 Frigates, 30 Gunboats
Spoiler Colonies :

Santo Domingo: 6 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 1 Battleship, 3 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 5 Gunboats
West Africa: 2 Infantry Brigades, 2 Gunboats
Nigeria: 2 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigade, 3 Cruisers, 1 Frigate, 3 Gunboats
Falklands: 2 Frigates, 2 Gunboats
South Georgia: 1 Gunboat
Patagonia: 1 Gunboat
Ulsan Concession: 2 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cruiser, 2 Frigates, 3 Gunboats

The Republic of California
Republic: Conservative
Issues: Cultural Heritage, Pacific Expansion
Capitol: Los Angeles
Stability: 6
Economic Power: 85
Trade: 2/2
Army: 14 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 5 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Spoiler colonies :

Hawaii: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 2 Frigates, 3 Gunboats

The Republic of Texas
Republic: Conservatives
Issues: Nationalism, Mantaining Interests with Britain and the United States, Industrial Growth
Capitol: Austin
Economic Power: 65(10)
Trade: 1/2
Army: 19 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 6 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 12 Gunboats

The Empire of Mexico
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Weak Government, Mantaining Territorial Integrity, Revanchism towards Yucatan, California
Capitol: Mexico City
Economic Power: 132
Trade: 3/5
Army: 40 Infantry Brigades, 8 Cavalry Brigades, 14 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Battleships, 10 Cruisers, 6 Frigates, 30 Gunboats, 1 Cruiser(1)

Yucatan
Republic:
Issues: Mantaining Territorial Integrity, Labor Issues
Capitol: Merida
Economic Power: 33
Army: 9 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Cruisers, 11 Gunboats

The Central American Republic
Civil War
Capitol: Guatemala City
Stability: 3
Economic Power: 10
Trade: 1/3
Army: 4 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 3 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 1 Frigate, 12 Gunboats

El Salvador
Republic: Liberal
Issues: The Central American Civil War, Labor Issues
Capitol: San Salvador
Economic Power: 17
Trade: 2
Army: 8 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 6 Gunboats

Haiti
Republic:
Issues: Weak Central Government, New English Santo Domingo
Capitol: Port-au-Prince
Economic Power: 6
Army: 8 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery brigades
Navy: 2 Gunboats

Gran Colombia
Republic:
Issues: the Atlanta Compact, Industrialization
Capitol: Bogota
Economic Power: 74
Trade: 2/4
Army: 21 Infantry Brigades, 3 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Cruisers, 4 Frigates, 15 Gunboats

Ecuador
Republic: Liberal
Issues: Mantaining Territorial Integrity, Taming the Inland
Capitol: Quito
Economic Power: 25
Army: 9 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 8 Gunboats

Bolivia
Republic:
Issues: Gaining South American Prestige
Capitol: Sucre
Economic Power: 55
Army: 20 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigade, 4 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Frigates, 5 Gunboats

Chile
Republic: Nationalist Conservatives
Capitol: Santiago
Issues: The Patagonian War, Pacific Expansion, Immigration
Economic Power: 48
Trade: 3/3
Army: 12 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Cruisers, 1 Frigate, 5 Gunboats, 3 Valkyrie-class Gunboats

Paraguay
Republic:
Capitol: Asuncion
Issues: Gaining Access to the Sea, War with Sul, Remaining Isolationist
Economic Power: 34
Trade:
Army: 13 Infantry Brigades, 3 Cavalry Brigades, 3 Artillery Brigades
Navy: N/A

Uruguay
Republic: Conservatives
Capitol: Montevideo
Issues: The Sul War, the Patagonian War, increased British and American regional influence
Economic Power: 19
Army: 6 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade
Navy: 1 Frigate, 10 Gunboats

Peru
Republic:
Capitol: Lima
Issues: Revanchism towards Bolivia, Ecuador, Increased American and British regional influence
Economic Power: 33
Trade: 2/3
Army: 13 Infantry Brigade, 1 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 1 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 7 Gunboats

Badunoff
Brazil
Constitutional Monarchy: Pedro I
Issues: Slavery, the Atlanta Compact, the Patagonian War, Agricultural Growth
Capitol: Rio de Janeiro
Economic Power: 98(1)
Army: 32 Infantry Brigades, 5 Cavalry Brigades, 12 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 3 Battleships, 5 Cruisers, 5 Frigates, 20 Gunboats, 4 Valkyrie-Class Torpedo Boats, 1 E. Kirby Smith-class Battleship(1)

Sul
Republic:
Issues: War with Paraguay
Capitol: Piratini
Economic Power: 28
Army: 8 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 1 Frigate, 10 Gunboats

Grandkhan
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Constitutional Monarchy: Victor I/William Gladstone
Issues: The Mahdi Rebellion, the Patagonian War, Growing Labor Unrest, Loss of Colonial Presitge
Capitol: London
Economic Power: 366(89)
Trade: 6/9
Army: 18 Infantry Brigades, 7 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 19 Battleships, 22 Cruisers, 15 Frigates, 23 Gunboats
Spoiler colonies :

Labrador: 3 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 4 Crusiers, 3 Frigates, 8 Gunboats
Newfoundland: 1 Infantry Brigade, 4 Gunboats
Bermuda: 2 Cruisers, 4 Gunboats
Bahamas: 5 Gunboats
Jamaica: 1 Frigate, 4 Gunboats
Antilles: 3 Battleships, 9 Cruisers, 7 Frigates, 12 Gunboats
Guyana: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade
La Plata: 13 Infantry Brigades, 8 Cavalry Brigades, 10 Artillery Brigades, 8 Battleship, 25 Cruisers, 20 Frigates, 23 Gunboats
West Africa: 3 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigade, 1 Battleship, 5 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Cameroon: 3 Infantry Brigades, 5 Gunboats
South Africa: 8 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades, 1 Cruiser, 2 Frigates, 4 Gunboats
Cyprus: 1 Infantry Brigade, 2 Frigates, 3 Gunboats
British East Africa: 4 Gunboats
Jubaland: 2 Infantry Brigades, 1 Gunboat
Arabia: 1 Infantry Brigade, 1 Gunboat
Bahrain: 5 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Socotra: 1 Gunboat
Mauritius: 1 Cruiser, 2 Gunboats
Seychelles: 1 Gunboat
Maldives: 2 Gunboats
India: 20 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 12 Artillery Brigades, 2 Battleships, 5 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Ceylon: 4 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 4 Gunboats
Burma: 13 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades, 2 Gunboats
Malay: 5 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 1 Battleship, 5 Cruisers, 4 Frigates, 13 Gunboats
Australia: 8 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 6 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 5 Gunboats
New Zealand: 2 Infantry Brigades, 4 Gunboats
Fiji: 4 Gunboats
Hong Kong: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 1 Battleship, 4 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 9 Gunboats
British East Indies: 1 Infantry Brigade, 4 Gunboats
Hawaii Garrison: 1 Infantry Brigade, 4 Gunboats
Egyptian Expedition: 16 Infantry Brigades, 6 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades, 1 Battleship, 3 Cruisers, 5 Frigates, 10 Gunboats

Lord of Elves
The French Empire
Constitutional Monarchy: Napoleon III/Conservative
Issues: Mantaining the Status Quo, Colonial Expansion, Military Advancement, German Nationalism, Italian Nationalism
Capitol: Paris
Economic Power: 424(1)
Trade: 8/8
Army: 120 Infantry Brigades, 13 Cavalry Brigades, 26 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 16 Battleships, 27 Cruisers, 6 Frigates, 28 Gunboats
Spoiler colonies :

Panama: 4 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 2 Cruisers, 4 Frigates, 6 Gunboats
Guiana: 4 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 3 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Antilles: 2 Battleships, 8 Cruisers, 10 Frigates, 15 Gunboats
Algeria: 10 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades, 5 Cruisers, 4 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Tunis: 6 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 3 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 6 Gunboats
West Africa: 4 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Gunboats
Ivory Coast: 4 Infantry Brigades, 5 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
French Equatorial Africa: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 1 Cruiser, 1 Frigate, 5 Gunboats
Congo: 4 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 12 Gunboats
Madagascar: 6 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 9 Cruisers, 4 Frigates, 2 Gunboats, Djibouti: 5 Infantry Brigades, 1 Battleship, 1 Cruiser
Reunion: 1 Cruiser, 2 Frigates, 5 Gunboats
Vietnam: 7 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 3 Cruisers, 6 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Guangxi: 15 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades, 2 Cruisers, 5 Frigates, 14 Gunboats
New Caledonia: 2 Frigates, 4 Gunboats
Taiwan: 3 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 5 Frigates, 13 Gunboats
Hokkaido Garrison: 5 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 5 Frigates, 6 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Spain
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Catalonian Independence Movement, Colonial Prestige
Capitol: Madrid
Economic Power: 160
Army: 52 Infantry Brigades, 16 Cavalry Brigades, 22 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 6 Battleships, 16 Cruisers, 14 Frigates, 30 Gunboats, 2 Battleships(1)
Spoiler colonies :

Puerto Rico: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 2 Battleships, 6 Crusiers, 5 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Canary Isles: 1 Infantry Brigade, 2 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 3 Gunboats
Spanish Morocco: 5 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigade, 1 Artillery Brigade, 5 Gunboats
Equatorial Africa: 2 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 1 Cruiser, 4 Gunboats
Philippine Islands: 10 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigade, 3 Artillery Brigade, 4 Cruisers, 5 Frigates, 14 Gunboats
Spanish East Indies: 2 Frigates, 8 Gunboats

Portugal
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Conflict with the Dutch, Colonial Expansion
Capitol: Lisbon
Economic Power: 86
Army: 25 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 15 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 3 Battleships, 12 Cruisers, 8 Frigates, 20 Gunboats, 1 Battleship(1)
Spoiler colonies :

Azores: 3 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 7 Gunboats
West Africa: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 5 Gunboats
East Africa: 5 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 1 Cruiser, 2 Frigates, 4 Gunboats
Portuguese East Indies: 2 Infantry Brigades, 4 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
Macau: 2 Infantry Brigades, 1 Battleship, 3 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 7 Gunboats

Republic of Genoa
Republic:
Issues: Italian Nationalism, Labor Unrest
Capitol: Genoa
Economic Power: 54
Army: 23 Infantry Brigades, 7 Cavalry Brigades, 10 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 14 Cruisers, 13 Frigates, 17 Gunboats

Padania
Republic: Nationalist Party
Issues: Italian Nationalism, Labor Unrest
Capitol: Milan
Economic Power: 31
Army: 21 Infantry Brigades, 5 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 6 Cruisers, 10 Frigates, 14 Gunboats

The Papal States
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Italian Nationalism
Capitol: Rome
Stability: 9
Economic Power: 11
Army: 10 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 6 Gunboats

The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
Constitutional Monarchy: Alfonso I
Issues: Weak Monarch, Italian Nationalism, Labor Unrest, Industrialization
Capitol: Naples
Economic Power: 35
Army: 24 Infantry Brigades, 5 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 12 Cruisers, 15 Frigates, 22 Gunboats

mrrandomplayer
The Republic of Venice
Republic:
Issues: Italian Nationalism, Colonial Prestige
Capitol: Venice
Economic Power: 60(10)
Trade: 1/4
Army: 11 Infantry Brigades, 3 Cavalry Brigades, 8 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 1 Battleship, 13 Cruisers, 9 Frigates, 9 Gunboats
Spoiler colonies :

Tripoli: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 3 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 6 Gunboats
Crete: 2 Infantry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade, 2 Frigates, 8 Gunboats
Venetian West Africa: 3 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigade, 1 Cruiser, 1 Frigate, 2 Gunboats
Venetian East Indieas: 3 Infantry Brigades, 2 Frigates, 4 Gunboats

J.K. Stockholme
The Austrian Empire
Absolute Monarchy: Franz Joseph I
Issues: Hungarian Nationalism, Czech Nationalism, Slavic Nationalism, Greco-Turkish War
Capitol: Vienna
Economic Power: 254(174)
Trade: 4/5
Army: 120 Infantry Brigades, 40 Cavalry Brigades, 40 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 5 Battleships, 20 Cruisers, 10 Frigates, 40 Gunboats

Ophorian
The Kingdom of Bavaria
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: German Nationalism, Economic Growth
Capitol: Munich
Economic Power: 74(11)
Army: 35 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 10 Artillery Brigades

The Netherlands
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Colonial Expansion, Conflict with Portugal
Capitol: Amsterdam
Economic Power: 98
Army: 30 Infantry Brigades, 8 Cavalry Brigades, 14 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 7 Battleships, 16 Cruisers, 14 Frigates, 37 Gunboats, 1 Battleship(1)
Spoiler colonies :

West Indies: 2 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 3 Gunboats
West Africa: 2 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigade, 2 Frigates, 10 Gunboats
East Indies: 10 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 3 Artillery Brigades, 1 Battleship, 5 Cruisers, 5 Frigates, 11 Gunboats

The German Confederation
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: German Nationalism, Independence
Capitol: Weimar
Economic Power: 31
Army: 12 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 1 Frigate, 3 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Saxony
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: German Nationalism, Economic Growth
Capitol: Dresden
Economic Power: 32
Army: 16 Infantry Brigades, 6 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades

SouthernKing
The Kingdom of Prussia
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Socialism, German Nationalism, Austrian and French Regional Hegemony
Capitol: Berlin
Economic Power: 208(47)
Trade: 4
Army: 88 Infantry Brigades, 20 Cavalry Brigades, 45 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Battleships, 15 Cruisers, 16 Frigates, 20 Gunboats (1 Battleship in Production)
Spoiler colonies :

Southwest Africa: 5 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 2 Frigates, 4 Gunboats
German East Indies: 2 Infantry Brigades, 2 Frigates, 5 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Hanover
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Mantaining ties with Britain, German Nationalism
Capitol: Hanover
Economic Power: 63
Army: 24 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 8 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Cruisers, 5 Frigates, 12 Gunboats

DC123456789
The Kingdom of Denmark
Constitutional Monarchy: Højre (Conservative)
Issues: Colonial Expansion, German Nationalism, Scandinavian Nationalism
Capitol: Copenhagen
Economic Power: 131(3)
Army: 18 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigadges, 12 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Battleships, 18 Cruisers, 13 Frigates, 33 Gunboats
Spoiler colonies :

West Indies, 2 Cruisers, 1 Frigate, 2 Gunboats
Greenland: 1 Infantry Brigade, 2 Gunboats
Iceland: 4 Infantry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades, 2 Cruisers, 2 Frigates, 4 Gunboats
West Africa: 9 Infantry Brigades, 7 Cavalry Brigade, 8 Artillery Brigades, 2 Frigate, 3 Gunboats
Svalbard: 1 Infantry Brigade, 2 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Sweden
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Scandinavian Nationalism, Irredenta towards Finland
Capitol: Stockholm
Economic Power: 63
Trade: 3/4
Army: 28 Infantry Brigades, 5 Cavalry Brigades, 8 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Battleships, 13 Cruisers, 10 Frigates, 30 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Krakow
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Economic Growth, Independence
Capitol: Krakow
Economic Power: 29
Army: 8 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 3 Artillery Brigades

Zeletdude
The Russian Empire
Absolute Monarchy: Alexander II
Issues: Calls for Massive Reforms, Industrialization, War with the Persians, Trade disrupted through the Ionian Sea
Capitol: St. Petersburg
Economic Power: 344(129)
Army: 160 Infantry Brigades, 48 Cavalry Brigades, 50 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Battleships, 16 Cruisers, 18 Frigates, 30 Gunboats, 2 Battleships(1)
Spoiler colonies :

Aleyska: 5 Infantry Brigades, 1 Cavalry Brigade, 1 Cruiser, 7 Gunboats
Asian Fleet at Port Arthur: 1 Battleship, 2 Cruisers, 4 Frigates, 10 Gunboats

The Duchy of Warsaw
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Polish Nationalism, Revanchism towards Prussia, Russia
Capitol: Warsaw
Economic Power: 73
Army: 55 Infantry Brigades, 15 Cavalry Brigades, 20 Artillery Brigades

The Kingdom of Romania
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Greco-Turkish War, Disrupted Trade through the Ionian Sea, Irredenta towards Transylvania
Capitol: Bucharest
Economic Power: 61
Army: 37 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 15 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 10 Cruisers, 12 Frigates, 15 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Bulgaria
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Greco-Turkish War, Disrupted Trade through the Ionian Sea, Slavic Nationalism
Capitol: Sofia
Trade: 2/2
Army: 28 Infantry Brigades, 5 Cavalry Brigades, 12 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Cruisers, 9 Frigates, 10 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Serbia
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Slavic Nationalism, Austrian Regional Influence, Greco-Turkish War
Capitol: Belgrade
Army: 18 Infantry Brigades, 5 Cavalry Brigades, 10 Artillery Brigades

The Kingdom of Montenegro
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Slavic Nationalism, Austrian Regional Influence, Greco-Turkish War
Capitol: Podogorica
Economic Power: 41
Army: 8 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 3 Frigates, 10 Gunboats

The Kingdom of Greece
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Greek Nationalism, Ottoman Regional Influence, Greco-Turkish War
Capitol: Athens
Economic Power: 44
Army: 14 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 3 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Cruisers, 9 Frigates, 14 Gunboats

The Ottoman Empire
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Greek Nationalism, Greco-Turkish War, Arab Revolt, Mahdi Rebellion, Kurdish Nationalism, Slavic Nationalism, Russian influence
Capitol: Instanbul
Economic Power: 203
Army: 70 Infantry Brigades, 20 Cavalry Brigades, 27 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Battleships, 14 Cruisers, 18 Frigates, 26 Gunboats

Persia
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Invasion by Russia
Capitol: Tehran
Economic Power: 29
Trade: 4
Army: 20 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 11 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 4 Cruisers, 4 Frigates, 15 Gunboats

Ezo
Republic:
Issues: Irredenta towards Sakhalin
Capitol: Hakodate
Economic Power: 34
Army: 16 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Cruisers, 3 Frigates, 10 Gunboats

Transvaal Republic
Republic:
Issues: Expansion, Mining Growth, British Regional Influence
Capitol: Pretoria
Economic Power: 31(4)
Army: 17 Infantry Brigades, 3 Cavalry Brigades, 6 Artillery Brigades

The Orange Free-State
Republic:
Issues: Mining Growth, British Regional Influence
Capitol: Bloemfontein
Economic Power: 16
Army: 9 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 3 Artillery Brigades

Spoiler Non-Industrialized Stats :

Sequoya
Confederacy:
Issues: Independence, Poverty
Capitol: Eufaula
Economic Power: 27
Army: 5 Infantry Brigades, 4 Cavalry Brigades, 1 Artillery Brigade

Afghanistan
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Independence, Poverty
Capitol: Kabul
Stability: 5
Economic Power: 26
Army: 10 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades

Khalistan
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Independence, Poverty, Industrialization
Capitol: Ludhiana
Economic Power: 45
Army: 30 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 14 Gunboats

christos200
The Chinese Empire
Absolute Monarchy: Guangxu
Issues: Industrialization, Opium Trade
Capitol: Beijing
Economic Power: 112
Trade: 5
Army: 130 Infantry Brigades, 40 Cavalry Brigades, 24 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Battleships, 40 Gunboats

Blaze Injun
Korean Empire
Constitutional Monarchy:
Issues: Industrialization
Capitol: Hanseong
Economic Power: 76(15)
Trade: 3/3
Army: 40 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 12 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 2 Battleships, 31 Gunboats

Cadellon
The Empire of Japan
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Industrialization, European Influence, Revanchism towards the French
Capitol: Tokyo
Economic Power: 69(20)
Trade: 2/3
Army: 57 Infantry Brigades, 30 Cavalry Brigades, 10 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 1 Battleship, 19 Gunboats

Burma
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Industrialization, European Influence, Revanchism towards the British
Capitol: Mandalay
Economic Power: 35
Army: 45 Infantry Brigades, 10 Cavalry Brigades, 4 Artillery Brigades

Siam
Absolute Monarchy:
Issues: Industrialization, European Influence
Capitol: Bangkok
Economic Power: 50
Army: 60 Infantry Brigades, 12 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 20 Gunboats

Morocco
Absolute Monarchy:
Capitol: Rabat
Economic Power: 14
Army: 30 Infantry Brigades, 15 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
Navy: 15 Gunboats

Ethiopia
Absolute Monarchy:
Capitol: Addis Ababa
Economic Power: 18
Army: 40 Infantry Brigades, 20 Cavalry Brigades, 5 Artillery Brigades
Navy:

Gunboat Designs

Each point into the design of a Gunboat costs 7 EP. Gunboats are the smallest ships available, and are largely used in a support role.

Engines: This affects the speed and range of the gunboat.
Guns: This affects the amount of varied firepower that a gunboat can bring to battle.

Modules

Patrol Craft Light Torpedoes: Adds torpedoes which can be launched by surface warships to sink other surface ships quite effectively. Costs 50 EP to add to any new design, and WILL increase overall production cost.

Spoiler :

11 EP for 1
Valkyrie-class Torpedo Boat
Year: 1880
Developed By: The United States of America, The Empire of Brazil, Gran Colombia
Can be produced by: The United States of America, The Empire of Brazil, Gran Colombia
Engines: 3
Guns: 1
Torpedo module

Battleship Designs

Each point into the design of a Battleship costs 15 EP. Battleships are the largest ships available, and are the heavy hitters of your fleet.

Engines: This affects the speed and range of the battleship.
Armor: How thick the armor is; defense.
Surface: This affects the amount of varied firepower that a battleship can bring to battle.

Spoiler :

55 EP, 2 Turns for 1
E. Kirby Smith-class Battleship
Year: 1881
Developed By: The United States of America
Can be produced by: The United States of America, The Empire of Brazil
Armor: 2
Surface Guns: 2
Torpedo module

70 EP, 2 turns for 1
Courage-class Battleship
Year: 1882
Developed By: The French Empire
Can be produced by: The French Empire, the Kingdom of Netherlands, the Kingdom of Spain
Armor: 3
Surface Guns: 4

And here.

Alliances

Hanover in a Personal Union with The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
The Atlanta Compact - the United States of America, The Empire of Brazil, Gran Colombia
Austro-Germanic Alliance - The Austrian Empire, the German Confederation
Austro-Romanian Alliance - The Austrian Empire, the Kingdom of Romania
Franco-Danish Alliance - The French Empire, the Kingdom of Denmark
Austro-Venetian Alliance - The Austrian Empire, Venice
New England - United Kingdom Defensive Alliance - The Commonwealth of New England, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Russo-Korean Alliance - The Russian Empire, the Korean Empire

Treaties/Charters/Agreements

Treaty of Khabarovsk, 1880, the Korean Empire, the Russian Empire
Treaty of Baltimore, 1880, the Korean Empire, the United States of America
Treaty of Bangkok, 1880, the French Empire, Siam
Treaty of Mandalay, 1880, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Burma
The Munich Compact, 1880, Bavaria, the French Empire
Treaty of Salzburg, 1880, the Austrian Empire, Bavaria
Treaty of Copenhagen, 1880, the Kingdom of Denmark, the French Empire
Treaty of Lüshun, 1880, the Russian Empire, the Chinese Empire
The Atlanta Compact, 1880, the United States of America, the Empire of Brazil, Gran Colombia
The Convention of Montreal, 1881, the United States of America, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the Russian Empire, the Dominion of Canada
The Treaty of Edo, 1881, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the Empire of Japan
The Treaty of Chongjing, 1881, the Russian Empire, the Korean Empire
The Treaty of Suwan, 1882, the Empire of Brazil, the Korean Empire
The Treaty of Nagasaki, 1882, the Japanese Empire, the Netherlands
The Missouri Crossing Agreement, 1882, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the United States of America, the Dominion of Canada, the Dominion of Michigan
The Treaty of Treviso, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Venice
The Treaty of Boston, the Korean Empire, the Commonwealth of New England
The Lake Titicaca Resolution, Bolivia, Peru
The Treaty of Santiago, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the Commonwealth of New England
The Treaty of Genoa, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the French Empire, the Kingdom of Denmark, Venice, Portugal, the Netherlands, the Kingdom of Spain, the Commonwealth of New England

Current Wars

Ashante War
the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the French Empire, the Kingdom of Denmark vs. the Ashante Tribes

Mahdist Rebellion
Mahdists vs. the Ottoman Empire

Thessaloniki War
Greece vs. the Ottoman Empire

Sioux Rebellion
The United States of America, the Dominion of Canada, the Dominion of Michigan, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland vs. the Sioux Tribes

Catalonian War of Independence
The Kingdom of Spain vs. the Catalonian Rebels

The Persian War
The Russian Empire vs. Persia

The Patagonian War
Chile, Brazil, the United States of America vs. the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

The Gunboat War
Paraguay vs. Sul

Past Wars

The Ezo War 1880
The French Empire, the Republic of Ezo vs. The Empire of Japan

The Merina War 1880
The French Empire vs. the Kingdom of Merina

Titicaca War, 1881-1882
Bolivia vs. Peru

More historical stuff.

Place holder.

Stories

The Guangxu Emperor in his study - the Chinese Empire, christos200
The Emperor is in his study and reads some reports... - the Chinese Empire, christos200
The Emperor of the Kingdom of the Rising Sun sits in his private cabinet... - the Japanese Empire, Cadellon
Beautiful Landscapes and Rotating Shadows - the Korean Empire, Blaze Injun
Emperor Guangxu on the Pan-Asian Alliance - the Chinese Empire, christos200
A Dixie Doctor in Sungkyunkwan - the Korean Empire, Blaze Injun
Guangxu and Yang Li - the Chinese Empire, christos200
Extract from "Japan in the second half of the 19th century ot the Shattered Enlightenment" - the Japanese Empire, Cadellon
The Emperor of the rising sun entered the Council chamber.... - the Japanese Empire, Cadellon
A Brief Description of the Venetian Government - Venice, mrrandomplayer
Leaders of the Guangxu Empire - the Chinese Empire, christos200
Idles Conversation - the Austrian Empire, J.K. Stockholme
7 Febbraio 1881, Editoriale di Opinione - Venice, mrrandomplayer
Patent Acquisition and Dissemination Act of February, 1880 - the United States of America, Immaculate
The Coming of the Industrialists - the Korean Empire, Blaze Injun
Venetian Newspaper, 1882 - Venice, mrrandomplayer
Gun Crew as Good as Any on the Waves. - the Korean Empire, Blaze Injun
Yokohoma, 1882 - the Japanese Empire, Cadellon
Baseball in the Heat - the United States of America, Immaculate

French Empire posts first.

USA Number OKay!

From USA
To France, Denmark, Spain, Texas, California, Brazil, and Russia

Wanna say we've had traditionally good relations that have included bilateral trade cooperation?

Das Königreich Bayern vorhanden ist! South Germany is best Germany!

To: The United States of America

While our two nations have indeed had prosperous relations in the past we are unsure as to whether we want to commit to a full trade-agreement. Secondly we must focus on more pressing matters, like the Oregon Country. We must come to some sort of agreement as to how the region will be split, and dealed out.

To: The United States of America

We'll happily agree to furthering our trade relations, if you in kind promise to guarantee our possession of Puerto Rico.

@Immac: California and Texas are already trading with you, overland. For the reference of all NESers, if you share a land border, (not including colonies) and aren't at war, you're automatically trading with them.

Hey,

To: Imperial Russia

We would like to offer the Tsar & Imperial Russia a humbling Treaty.

Treaty of Khabarovsk.
Spoiler :
Article 1 provides:
There shall be perpetual peace and friendship between the Tsar of Imperial Russia and the Emperor Gojong and the citizens and subjects of their respective Governments. If other powers deal unjustly or oppressively with either Government, the other will exert their good offices on being informed of the case to bring about an amicable arrangement, thus showing their friendly feelings.
Article 2 ... exchange of diplomatic and consular representatives
Article 3 ... Imperial Russian vessels wrecked on coast of Korea
Article 4 ... Imperial Russian extraterritorial jurisdiction over its citizens in Korea
Article 5 ... merchants and merchant vessels shall reciprocally pay duties
Article 6 ... reciprocal rights of residence and protection of citizens of both nations
Article 7 ... prohibiting export or import of opium
Article 8 ... export of "breadstuffs" and red ginseng
Article 9 ... regulating importation of arms and ammunition
Article 10 .. reciprocal rights to employing native labor
Article 11 .. students exchanges
Article 12 .. the usual most-favored-nation clause

R-K001

Top Bottom