BTS RFC: Changing player civilization

Iapetus303

Warlord
How can I change which Civ I am playing, after a game has started?

A little background:
I wanted to play a "Scythian" game, but without the hastle of adding a whole new civ. First, I experimented with starting a very early civ, renaming them, and moving the settlers up onto the steppes, but this didn't work very well (due to stability, and completely inappropriate civ powers). Eventually I decided that the best way to do it would be to start an ancient or earlier game, then use the Worldbuilder to add a Russian settler in an appropriate location, then switch to playing Russians (and rename them).

Which I've done, except can't work out how to actuall play as the Russians. I found a post which implied I could change civ by saving the map in the Worldbuilder, then starting it as a new scenario, and choosing a different civ. But when I tried that, I only got the original choice of civs (but now with the RFC "xxx Peoples" names).

Am I doing something wrong, or does RFC require a different way of doing this?

In the WorldBuilder, or the normal game?

Because I tried both and it didn't work.

To make it work, you need to enable the debugger, which is the tool of the modder given by the developers. How to? Follow those steps:

1) Find your .ini file (BTS one pls) and search for "Cheatmode"
2) When the line is found, change its value from "0" to "chipotle" (devs like to make jk)
3) Then enter your game and do the combo ALT+X(or Z).

That should give you the way to swap players and that is cyclic.

gluck

Top Bottom