What to do with the cloth caravan 3.1

What shall we do?

• Deliver to Olympia

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Deliver to Dreadtown

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Use on a Wonder

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deliver to foreign land (None listed in demanding cities)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do nothing for now

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Kev

Hired Goon
Well, I had a look at our caravan situation on the home island. We do indeed have 6 caravans waiting about, but I did not realize that FOUR of them carry actual goods and only TWO are food caravans.

I don't know if everyone realized this.

Here's the breakout:

CLOTH (The Holy Duck Pond)
GOLD (Athenae)
SILVER (Potoplia)
BEADS (Hippoville)

Before I posted a poll on which wonder to build, I thought that we should first decide if we really wish to use these caravans on wonders and not deliver them.

This poll will be on the Cloth caravan. Let's keep in mind that the supporting city is The Holy Duck Pond which is our science city and has NO trade routes yet.

Cloth is demanded by Dreadtown and Olympia.

What shall we do with this one?

We should use it for trade (it is our SSC) but I don´t think I know enough to advise what city to trade with.

Well, I voted for delivery to Dreadtown.

In all of my games, basically, I trade internally with my own cities. I learned this technique from Shadowdale and Starlifter both - in fact Shadowdale almost never traded with other cities on different continents. For those who did not know these members, they were players that always seemed to come away with sickly-high scores in all of their Civ2 games.

The idea here is to establish trade quickly and let them grow. Even if the cities are close, the initial bonus is not large, but the same amount of trade arrows will be generated nonetheless.

Further, by delivering to Dreadtown, it will AUTOMATICALLY set up a route from Dreadtown to THDP. This means TWO routes for one caravan.

This is how internal trade works so well. The smaller initial bonuses are MORE than offset by having DOUBLE the caravan routes.

I always hate to see commodity caravans used for wonders, though I realize this case may be something more urgent as a wonder race is on.

Wait a second... wtf? We're using our silver caravan to wonder, when cloth caravan will be traded?

:confused:

I fail to understand, don't we get more arrows from silver?

Originally posted by Juize
Wait a second... wtf? We're using our silver caravan to wonder, when cloth caravan will be traded?

:confused:

I fail to understand, don't we get more arrows from silver?

I do think that silver is a more "valuable" commodity.

Indeed Juize, I'm of the mind to trade ALL of our commodity caravans! I would also advocate "homing" the silver caravan at the SSC and send it cross continent to either a city of ours or another civ's.

Still, only 8 have voted here, and there's only a 1 vote difference. We should really have more respondents before it's final, but by next turn round it'll have to be done one way or another.

NOTE TO ALL:

This poll no longer has use as Dreadtown and Olympia are no longer cloth demanders.

There is no demand for cloth.

Please see Cloth caravan 3.2 poll.

Top Bottom