Turnsession 5 Unit & Worker Discussion

NZL

Proudly Flemish
Discuss here unit movements and worker actions.

This OP will be updated and together with both other Turnsession 5 Discussion threads boil down to the Turnsession 5 instruction thread, about 48 hrs prior to Turnsession 5

Military

1. Arete HA -> fend off Barbs while building more troops
2. Scout Spain, especially strategic resource locations and units
3. Worker steal + pillage Spain after we receive Hinduism / traded techs

Workers

1. Connect Arete and Warlord City with road
2. Number two, develop hills around Arete.
3. NG provides own Worker to farm Rice

Worker actions

Number one, connect Arete and Warlord City with road
Number two, develop hills around Arete.
Build new Worker in NG, and work Rice for farm

Complete 2 Horseman Archers in Arete and send to find Madrid, then go south to find cape (NZLs playsession).
Then build Archer and Settler in Arete for Fourth City (KWPs playsession).

Scout Blastoid/Gaiyut maps farther south, avoiding trouble where he can.

I would send HA now to spain to have a look, experience is not a problem when they are so superior anyway.

Seymoo, i wouldn't send them to Spain just for looking, if they go to Spain, they should be aiming at something: worker/pillage. So i'm reasoning that, while we build some more units, why not let the first HA get some XP. A promotion only makes the HA even stronger.

Just scout a bit first, kill a few barbarians as we wait for Hinduism to seep in.

When we know enough, we may begin to plot an attack, preferrably at the very end of your session.

There are lots of barbs lurking around near New Giruvegan. Looks like free XP to me...

Yep, and with the Prochon Warband stationed in NG, our HA's will heal fast over there..

I was merely suggesting that they make better scouting units than scouts, as if they see a weakness they can then do something about it.

I agree with most of the suggestions.

Could we also scout east? There's a great blackness on the map where we might want to settle some cities. It'd be nice to know what's over there.

We intend to scout east very soon, Prochon Warband will head to Warlord City and take over as garrison there, as we send the warrior in Warlord City eastwards. As soon Warlord City has produced monument, barracks and archer, we intend to change production there to Horse Archers.

kill a few barbarians as we wait for Hinduism to seep in
I cannot open the save right now but I am pretty sure none of our cities are connected with any of hattys'. A religion rarely spreads to a city that it is not connected to. Waiting for Hinduism to spread to us seems a mute point as one of our goals of the war is to gain the holy city.

When we have open borders and Hatty adopts Organized Religion, Hatty will make missionaries.
I think the war vs Hatty will mainly depend on the results of the scouting, and maybe we'll wait till alphabet is researched to trade a tech useless to Hatty if possible.
Then the attrition war can commence while we build up the kill stack.

I'd like to assimilate hatty asap to eliminate war weariness, then start an economic recovery/expansion program

Good point NZL about missionaries. I still don't think it is a priority to get Hinduism before attacking though it would a plus. The contingency plan to gaurd copper seems the teller of when we should invade. Gaining all of the stated benefits in the mean time.

I cannot open the save right now but I am pretty sure none of our cities are connected with any of hattys'. A religion rarely spreads to a city that it is not connected to. Waiting for Hinduism to spread to us seems a mute point as one of our goals of the war is to gain the holy city.

If Arkadia (the future 4th city) is placed on the Grassland River tile 5W1N from Arete, then we will have a trade route with Hatty.

However, I am with you and Provo regarding the securing of the Copper to the South via Horse Archer when Open borders is signed. I think that is the most crucial trigger for a war if she makes a move to the copper.

Once she has Spearmen, Horse Archers are nearly religated to resource denial and hit and run.

We intend to scout east very soon, Prochon Warband will head to Warlord City and take over as garrison there, as we send the warrior in Warlord City eastwards. As soon Warlord City has produced monument, barracks and archer, we intend to change production there to Horse Archers.

What is the plan with the scout. I was guessing it wouldmove westward, staying north of spain and wrap around behind there borders to see what is behind.

Send the scout into Spanish lands along the coast, but take detours where needed to stay alive.

If Arkadia (the future 4th city) is placed on the Grassland River tile 5W1N from Arete, then we will have a trade route with Hatty.

Point taken, though I would not place the city there strictly to get hinduism as we will be gaining it through conquest.

Top Bottom