Hitler, Fuhrer of the Third Reich

Emerald_Knight

Chieftain
Title: Adolf Hitler
Type: Leaderhead
File Version: 3
Optional Mod Addons: File Entry URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15672
Author Name: Emerald_Knight
What's new in this version?:
Unique Unit: Panzer ( King Tiger Addon Optional ); Waffen-SS
Unique Trait: "Nazi Propaganda" ( Nazi Culture increases for every enemy unit killed as an "alleged" consequence of Aryan Superiority )

Preview:

View attachment 269928

View attachment 269929

View attachment 269930

Attachments

• HitlerLoading.jpg
    HitlerLoading.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 19,470
  • Hitler.jpg
    Hitler.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 14,010
  • Waffen.jpg
    Waffen.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 11,563
"Mein Führer, you're the leader of this nation, just dont make an ass out of yourself"
:lol:

Good that an american made Adolf for civ v, somehow ;)

Having an issue where I load a savegame and it crashes the game. Anyone else having this prob?

Thanks for the catch VonLowe, I think it's fixed now; not sure if loading Version 1 savegames will work, but loading Version 2 savegames should, let me know of other major bugs.

For the next release can you change please the Team color from grey to brown;) and the iron cross banner to german(hakenkreuz) sry for bad english i am german:rolleyes:.

Ps. great mod greatings from Germany.

Of course the drawback to playing Nazi Germany is you will do really well for the first three quarters of a war, and then lose everything by the end of the fourth. ;)

Hi Made in Germany, I've added an add-on mod; Nazi Add-On which changes the Iron Cross to the Swastika. It works with or without this mod, but I don't see any reason why Bismarck should have to suffer by having the Swastika next to his name. ;)

very cool , and what is with the brown team color .

i have testet the nazi mod but the hakenkreutz dont appear when i finished a turn. the button is only grey . in the civipedia is it correct. maybe is it not compatible with the german version:cry:

I realy think you cant do this i mean i know its 60 years ago but still it feels wrong to me..., In Europe and mainly in Germany this still a huge issue.

Hm, Civ4 had a Third Reich mod and various Hitler leaderhead artists.

very cool , and what is with the brown team color .

i have testet the nazi mod but the hakenkreutz dont appear when i finished a turn. the button is only grey . in the civipedia is it correct. maybe is it not compatible with the german version:cry:

You are aware that the swastika is forbidden by law in Germany? That said, it might just be a flaw, yes.

The only difference between Hitler and say, Caesar is that the atrocities he committed were more recent and he lost. He's still a good leaderhead for Germany despite his ideas.

I really like the witty one liner at the end.

The UT makes sense I guess, but it seems like a ripoff of the Aztec's UT. You should replace it with something else eg. 'blitzkrieg': +10% combat strength and +1 movement point when in enemy territory. Artillery doesn't need to set up. Something like that would be more unique and it's kind of historically accurate as well.

With the Panzer and the Waffen-SS, adding a combat trait would've overpowered the civ. And since I'm limited to the XML Traits file right now, I chose Aztec's UT.

With the Panzer and the Waffen-SS, adding a combat trait would've overpowered the civ.

I don't really agree. Both the waffen-SS and panzer are late-game UUs, so by the time they come into play the game will already be largely decided or research will be so fast that they'll be obsolete within a few turns. Besides, the trait I've suggested is very situational. If you don't play agressively and stay on the offense it's pretty much useless. It would probably be underpowered compared to some other traits.

With the Panzer and the Waffen-SS, adding a combat trait would've overpowered the civ.

I don't really agree. Both the waffen-SS and panzer are late-game UUs, so by the time they come into play the game will already be largely decided or research will be so fast that they'll be obsolete within a few turns. Besides, the trait I've suggested is very situational. If you don't play agressively and stay on the offense it's pretty much useless. It would probably be underpowered compared to some other traits.

I suppose If you are playing aggressively you would be able to zip through the social policies faster than other civs (other than Monty) and get their rewards faster than other civs.

I was having fun with my Nazi Germany mod, my trait was "Nazi Super Science" and it provided double Uranium resource and +1 Science from strategic resources.

The "Arbeit macht frei" sign of Auswitz is little bit unnecessary in the loading screen. Othewise, great work!

I have to agree, the concentration camp gate, the prisoners being processed, and the train station... all are in poor taste imo and should be replaced. The rest is good.

Top Bottom