Hitler, Fuhrer of the Third Reich

I will never understand the Civ communities' fascination with Hitler.

On another note, It amuses me how anonymity on the internet creates the type of environment for people to post comments they would not think is acceptable to say in an open physical public setting.

Lot of people will like to have those leaders in civ just to have the chance of kick his ass over an over again.

I will luv to see "Franco-Spain" to annihilate him, and we suffer him for more than 40 years, nobody has a hurry afther WWII to finish the work.

The Civpedia mentions the "Panzer (panther)". Even Google translate couldn´t mess that up: Panzer translates to Armor (literally). But it´s not as ridiculous as you might think. As mentioned the swastika is a forbidden symbol in Germany, and a civilization game that uses Hitler as the German leader would indeed have been in bad taste. He wasn´t a great leader, let alone the greatest German leader; his military capabilities were virtually non-existent (he never rose above the rank of corporal) and in all likelihood he never read (or wrote) a book in his entire life. But the combination Bismarck-Panzer is a bit odd, yes. Hitler was crazy about his little tanks. (Probably the only military machine he could fathom.)

Hitler was the only German leader to successfully conquer France, and a large part of Russia.

During World War 1, he was awarded 2 Iron Crosses for bravery.

He wrote Mein Kampf.

Tanks were not the only military machine he could fathom -- During WW2, much earlier than the Americans or the Russians, his scientists were developing rocketry and ICBMs.

Your stupidity shines brighter than a burning cross.
Moderator Action: We do not tolerate such insults in this forum here.

has anyone figured out a way to fix the problem of when you click start game and your hitler it freezes up and closes the game

I cant seem to get a new game to load, it just crashes.. Kinda sucks, I wanted to stomp some Waffen SS...

I cant seem to get a new game to load, it just crashes.. Kinda sucks, I wanted to stomp some Waffen SS...

Same idea & problem I am having. Every time I attempt to use this mod, I get crashed at Load Scenario. This mod WILL NOT WORK (edit; for me it does not work)!

Same idea & problem I am having. Every time I attempt to use this mod, I get crashed at Load Scenario. This mod WILL NOT WORK (edit; for me it does not work)!

same for me anyone know why?

edit: got it working with latest update 1.0.1.275 woho

It feels too inaccurate having leaders of nations that weren't there to witness their country's foundation. Washington for example, was there to witness the American Revolution and eventually the founding of America. Hitler wasn't there to witness Germany's creation. I would say the same for anyone.

To make it more historically accurate, the unique unit should be called the Panzer, and the graphic should be of the Panzer III, which if you judge by kill/death ratio is the most successful tank of World War 2. The Unique Unit should be Armored infantry, the graphic should be a halftrack and it should have 3 movement.

Either that or ME-109 fighter, the most successful fighter of the war.

Further, Hitler is unsuitable as a leader for Germany because, as has been said, his rule ended with Germany physically destroyed and a relatively high portion of its population dead.

I would really prefer Frederick the Great to Bismarck because Bismarck arguably ed up Germany's long-term development by using political maneuvering to lay some of the foundations of the second world war. The other choice would be Arminius, which isn't technically accurate because he wasn't the leader of Germany, but he arguably had the largest long-term effect on German history of any known leader.

But I digress. The mod is good, but the Unique Ability should be something more military oriented--maybe the ability to "resettle" citizens of razed cities. Population of razed cities would be distributed randomly through your empire each turn of city razing. This would reflect the huge amount of foreign labor that the Reich imported from its occupied territories.

Hi,

I know this is a old thread, but I can't figure out how to install this mod?
Someone can help me?
Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind! I should read before to post! :blush:

I don't understand how to make mods work.

After trying this mod (or at least one called 'Nazi Germany' from the in-game browser) and setting up a new game from the MODS menu and Germany still has Bismark as their leader. When trying to browse mods again, it is not listed under Installed, and there is nothing besides the Nazi Germany mod to say that it's already downloaded.

However, once mods have completed downloading from the in-game browser, I only have a 'back' button to press, rather than a continue/OK button.

EDIT: I found the Downloaded tab and installed mods. This made several older mods I had downloaded (such as true start locations) appear in the installed tab, but Germany is still Bismark.

Mega bump :S

But anyways, that King Tiger unit is a horrible representation of it. The King Tiger should have very low movement but a large combat strength and a massive bonus against tanks.

Inappropriate or not, Nazi-Germany was part of a WW2 scenario on Civ2. But Hitler did not feature as the leader of Germany, I believe Frederick the Great took his place. The double standard was clear as Stalin was still preferred as the leader of the Soviet Union.

I love playing as Hitler with this Mod. Wish there was a NiGHTS version however.

NAZI vs. the Supernatural Mod = Awesomeness

Top Bottom