Civ3 is a long, long game...

kryszcztov

Deity
Hi everyone ! I started to play Civ3 recently, and I've just completed my first game (PTW), by spaceship victory. I'm a long time Civ player, so I knew this was a game that could cut you from reality.

But still, what a surprise to see this unexpected message poping up after my victory !!! :eek: After thinking of it for a few seconds, I went to the conclusion that this was NOT a bug or something ! :D But btw, I didn't know the program bothered measuring the time I played.

If anyone was amazed by a same screenshot, don't be shy to show you play so much that you forget to eat ! I finished this game within a week, so come on, beat the score !!! :king:

Attachments

• premier jeu fini ptw [réduit].jpg
    premier jeu fini ptw [réduit].jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 462
How can that be? You have won, and your city has ended the 'We love the Saint day'. I didn't know citizens could be so unhappy about going to Alpha Centauri! :borg:

Actually it was a "big" map (not the huge one, but between huge and standard). And I know I play quite slowly, so it does not shock me to death after all. But I went through this game in a little week, I think no one would like to work as much time as that in a single week !!! (compared to our official "35 hours week" in France)

Hehe, I'd like to see how much time my current game is taking. I'm playing the TETurkhan scenario, and have been playing for a while now... and am still in BC! I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a huge number of hours there...

I tend to save the game, then walk away and leave it while I do other, real life things. Remember meals? Television? Personal hygeine?
As a result, I get some astounding totals. I think I had one SS victory that totalled 112 hours. Of course a third or more of that was idle time, but still...
BTW, kryszcztov, welcome to CFC.

Originally posted by wilbill
I tend to save the game, then walk away and leave it while I do other, real life things. Remember meals? Television? Personal hygeine?
As a result, I get some astounding totals. I think I had one SS victory that totalled 112 hours. Of course a third or more of that was idle time, but still...
BTW, kryszcztov, welcome to CFC.

me too.

Je pense que si j'ai joue (accent mark) Civ3 en francais (accent mark under the c), j'ai eu une A en la classe de francais (accent mark under the c, again)...

I once finished a game in four hours, straight from 4000BC to 2121AD. I knew becuase I started at around 5:00PM on 12/29/02 and played up to about 9:00. It was my first regular game victory achieved without cheating.

This was on Civ3, so I don't have any screenshots or anything.

Originally posted by Hellfire
only 52 hours huh? You must have been playing on a tiny map :D

That's what I was thinking. . . last game, either a standard or large map (I don't remember) was over 70 hours. I think it was 72. . .

Ya know, as much time as I spend playing this game, I should get paid for it! :D Now, that would be cool.

You think 52 hours is long? I've got games that I still haven't finished!!!! I rarely get to the indust ages as I get bored long before I get there.

Top Bottom