Anybody from Firaxis here? Fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivAddict2013

Warlord
Okay, so the AI cheats on King. I understand this. I expect it. I'm cool with it. I understand that the AI has to cheat on higher difficulties. But man, it's just too much in this game.

I wiped out Washington. I'm a warmonger, I understand this. But you know what? It is impossible to fight off the AI. The Zulu and Ottomans declare war. I keep killing off Janisarries, but no matter what I do, he keeps spawning Janisarries out of nowhere.

It gets to the point where it's just impossible for me to fight off him and Shaka. Impossible. I'm not saying the AI has infinite units, but damn, the game makes it seem so.

I just don't understand this game. It's impossible to beat the AI to wonders. Impossible. And then when you try to steal the wonders from the guy who beat you to it? You're a warmonger.

But I wouldn't have problems with this if it weren't for one thing... The AI has seeminglessly infinite units and it's impossible to fight them off. Seriously, I out tech the Ottoman's and the Zulu's, yet they seem to have infinite money for units.

Honestly, I must have killed 100 Janisarries, but they just keep coming.

Maybe I'll just stop trying to go for the Cultural Victory. The AI always beats you to wonders and if you are a warmonger, it's IMPOSSIBLE to fight the enemy off due to seeminglessly infinite units.

Moderator Action: See message below.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

its always good not to talk in extremes, like 'impossible' and 'always'.

if you outeched them, killing their units should upgrade yours to a point where you can easily take out 1-2 of theirs per turn of yours.

If you are fighting a war on two fronts, the trick is not to try and push on both, but to fortify and defend on one side while you push on the other. once you start entering their lands and threatening their cities, an AI should quickly sue for peace.

As for wonders, you are not expected to get all of them. Choose the ones you want, and select your tech tree progression accordingly.

And the units are never infinte, they run out eventually. Just hold on until you see a push, make sure you are supported by range/artillery.

Can't be that impossible if other people manage to do it.

I've posted serious responses to you before and others can do the same now, so this time I'll just ask: Does anyone else find it funny that a guy named "CivAddict" keeps starting threads complaining about a Civilization game?

And this is topic Nr 35 coming from you. Are you going on to the 50, expecting to get a medal at that point?
Here's an idea. Get the mod In Game Editor. Once you're in a war, reveal the map. See if/how the AI are constantly building units. This way, you can get a good view as to how exactly they have "infinite" units.

Also, seeminglessly? That a word?

its always good not to talk in extremes, like 'impossible' and 'always'.

if you outeched them, killing their units should upgrade yours to a point where you can easily take out 1-2 of theirs per turn of yours.

If you are fighting a war on two fronts, the trick is not to try and push on both, but to fortify and defend on one side while you push on the other. once you start entering their lands and threatening their cities, an AI should quickly sue for peace.

As for wonders, you are not expected to get all of them. Choose the ones you want, and select your tech tree progression accordingly.

And the units are never infinte, they run out eventually. Just hold on until you see a push, make sure you are supported by range/artillery.
It pretty much was. It's like this, you beat 10 Janisarries, he just plops out 10 more.

Perhaps I just need to stop playing against the AI until Firaxis fixes it.

I mean I played a game and Augustus Caesar DoW's me twice when I played totally peaceful. No other Civ seems to give a crap.

You play peaceful, you get DoW'd.

You play a warmonger, you get DoW'd.

Seeing as the diplomacy in this game is flawed, I might just play a warmonger. Seriously, screw peace in this game.

Might as well, I'm going to get DoW'd eventually anyway.

Until Firaxis fixes this whole AI can declare war for no reason crap, the game will be flawed.

The AI in this game can be top on science, build the latest wonders and still have a huge army. There is NO WAY for the human player to replicate this.

Not to mention they cheat on tech. Augustus Caesar has Pikemen and 10 turns later has a whole army of Riflemen.

Let the AI cheat great. But don't let the AI cheat so bad the player can't do anything about it.

Moderator Action: You posted a virtually identical thread last month. Please stop making threads which are so similar, as it amounts to spam. This is a discussion forum, and your OP is not conducive to any sort of discussion. It asks no questions that can be responded to, but simply amounts to a rant, for which you should be using the rants thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom