Air unit limit per city?

CivilizedPlayer

Warlord
So quick question to all you people that know more than me:

I currently have 4 air units in one city, and I'm trying to move a 5th one in, but it won't move. Is there a 4-unit cap or something that I was unaware of?

Oh I forgot completely about the rebasing tile limit. It's probably that actually, thanks for the tip. Do you know what the tile limit is/does it change based the type of plane?

Moving air units from base to base depends on the range of the plane (x 2), I think. So a triplane with 5 range can reach cities 10 tiles away to rebase.

Isn't rebase max distance Attack Range x 1.5?

Air limit was added with BnW, possibly even post-BnW in a patch - I don't remember completely, but it was definitely added fairly recently. Limit is 6 without airport, 10 with airport. I think Sendos is correct that planes can move a distance that is 2 x normal attack range.

It would make sense. It's not exactly like Civ V wouldn't dare to violate logic, but if you attack something and turn around you need to travel the same distance back to your city. Since you don't have to turn around when rebasing that seems sensible.

At least I know for sure its further than normal attack range.

Air limit was added with BnW, possibly even post-BnW in a patch - I don't remember completely, but it was definitely added fairly recently. Limit is 6 without airport, 10 with airport. I think Sendos is correct that planes can move a distance that is 2 x normal attack range.

IT is definately 6 air unit max per city, 10 if the city has an Air Port. If you can not re base due to range, try either upgrading the unit tech wise or put it on an Air Craft Carrier. Those options might give you the reach you need.

Good to know. I didn't know that BNW added limit to air units per city. This is a good news and it prevents scenarios similar to what I posted.

That is strange, i have the latest patch and BNW and my city(which i renamed to Cintra, yay witcher) had 9 bombers+fighters stationed to bomb Venice. I can still move in a few more and i have yet to hit the limit. Thought it was normal.

Perhaps maybe it was a mod i used...

Top Bottom