When the AI votes YOU to be host

phillipwyllie

Wannabe Deity
Normally when the host vote comes up I vote for the most likely candidate(if I have no chance myself) to carry favour with that civ. I've never had a civ vote for me to be host until now. On a side note Babylon is prolly the best Petra city I've had with 11 desert hills and a bunch of desert flood plains which was able to pump out the Cristo Redentor in 6 turns.

Attachments

• diplomacyWorks.jpg
    diplomacyWorks.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 472
Did you liberate Sweden?

I've never seen the AI vote for someone else especially when the AI would win the vote. It looks weird that you voted for Sweden and they voted for you.

Once I had a "standard" good relations with Iroqueses plus I voted for them once. They had the most number of votes and I was #2. Next time I voted for them again, but they decided to vote for me.
So I became a leader. Lol!

It happened to me once (on Immortal as America), but the sad thing is I was trying to kingmake my buddy Carthage, and then we both voted for each other... which meant a third civ (don't remember who) who had more votes individually got to be host instead.

Good to know...I haven't yet seen the AI vote for anyone but themselves, but it seems there are exceptions. It would be good to know what factors may drive the AI decisions in this regard???

I've had it happen to myself a couple of times. For me, it's only happened from a close ally that I personally voted to host the WC in the past. I think there's a "return the favor" mechanic, or perhaps if your rating with them is good enough, they'll vote you.

I trues it once - win a diplomatic victory on emperor when a liberated Mongolia voted for me as world leader in the congress - man I got surprised when the Vic screen came up.

Top Bottom