A Complete Guide to Achievements (Civ V)

Well, it was done.. be sure.

Vanila, GK, BNW.. - i was trying all of them.

Guys, pls help. Any other ideas?

(99% achievments unlocked... i'm so sad...)

Im sorry but why not just sit back and relax? You got many achievements done, congratulations. Not only that but maybe it is bugged. Getting that 1% is particularly difficult.

Gods and Kings
  • We are Family - Become the dominant religion in every Capital city on a standard-size or larger map. This achievement is broken.

You can find an in-depth analysis of the bugged We are Family achievement and a deterministic way of achieving it in the post by notimminently in this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542491
So despite it does absolutely not fit it's description, it should be easy for everyone to get the achievement.

Maybe you can link this thread in the main list?

I imagine this is mentioned somewhere in the thread already, but I thought I'd let you know I accidentally achieved "Kamikaze Attack", which is currently listed as having to disable God's & Kings to acheive, while playing a Brave New World game yesterday.

The circumstances were that I had a Scout defending until healed and a barbarian brute attacked it and died in the attack. Reading the achievment description it doesn't sound like that's how it was supposed to work, but there we go.

Hi, I was just using this guide to check my acheivement progress, however, I have found that my acheivements_debug file has not been undated since 29.08.14. Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to view the updated numbers for the acheivements? Thanks

Hi, I was just using this guide to check my acheivement progress, however, I have found that my acheivements_debug file has not been undated since 29.08.14. Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to view the updated numbers for the acheivements? Thanks

I think while Civ V is closed you need to delete that one file and it will then be recreated during your next play session.
At least that was the solution for this during the days of Vanilla.

Just registered to comment that "Yoink!" has a bug that if Austria is in your game and they annex a city state by marriage and it has 15 units, the game will grant you the achievement. I don't know if it's a known bug but I thought I'd share it with you guys. I'm playing as Babylon in my first real Deity game (1st one was a Duel map) and I suddenly got the pop up for it and I was like "Wait.. what?!". Well, at least I don't have to bother now playing as Austria and do the whole gift unit gimmick so, yay!

Did nobody realised that "The Java Script" achievement is a reference to JavaScript - a script language? :)

Can you get achievements once you've won the game? I'm in the 'wait one more turn' period and I was thinking about continuing for more achievements but seems like I can't get them anymore.

How are the Policy Achievements supposed to be unlocked for the ideologies? Seeing that the tree limits you to 4 level 2 policies thus you can never unlock them all in a single game.

They work for G&K where the ideologies are actually normal SP trees that are mutually exclusive. They are not really ideologies in G&K.

I spent the last few days to update the wiki that ragan651 created, it should now contain all the informations that are present in the OP, and a bit more (except the pop culture references, I added some but there's still a lot missing).
Moreover all the articles all have at least a basic structure and the achievement's text.

Feel free to update it, and add your tips and strategies.

Anyone else have same experience with this korea achievements?

I saw is hard to lose as Korea and i try to see what will happen. I was kill some japan units i had score around 3K, 0 city

I got this 3 achievement, but i didn't get
The Choson One
Win as Korea

Spoiler :

Regarding the Turtle Power achivement (Sink ironclad w. turtle ship):

I had issues with no one building the damn ironclads, so... Upgrade one turtle boat to ironclad and gift it to a city state, then kill it.
Achivement gained.

hello guys!

Finally after one and half year I have completed all achievements in Civ5.
In my steam account I see the following information:

"unlock achievements 286/287 (100%)
achievement for unlocking +1"
when I click this got the following message:
"there is one more hidden achievement
details for each achievement will be presented after unlocking"

does anyone have such situation?
thx in advance for assistance

Dog

hello guys!

Finally after one and half year I have completed all achievements in Civ5.
In my steam account I see the following information:

"unlock achievements 286/287 (100%)
achievement for unlocking +1"
when I click this got the following message:
"there is one more hidden achievement
details for each achievement will be presented after unlocking"

does anyone have such situation?
thx in advance for assistance

Dog

Mod Achievements

These achievements require mods. Connoisseur has been removed, the others still work.

Connoisseur - Rate a mod. (Broken, removed)
Expansionist - Use a mod in a game.
Experimenter - Download a mod

The last one has been removed. Might count as the missing.

Many thx for the answer ZcyTeck
It looks like You have full right.
I have installed achievement log and it shows that "Connoisseur" is still locked.
All others I have "unlocked" status.

I understand that just this one is broken and now have the dilema if it is possible anyhow to complete this or not :))))

best regards
Dog

It's not. You we're only able to rate mods, before steam took over regarding mods.
Neither Steam nor 2Kgames wish to answer questions regarding that particular achivement; and they've been asked since... Well, more than 2 years ago.

So sadly, it doesn't seem possible.

Top Bottom