Help Finding DLC and Mods Folders

rover6695

Prince
Trying to figure out which mods I have are DLL and was told to find the Mods and DLC folder but:

1) I can't find that folder.
I can go to finder>>>documents>>>aspyr>>Sid Meirs Civ 5>>mods
2) I can't find where the DLC folder or content is....little help?

Which version of Civ5 are you running? Steam pr App Store?

Purchased from Steam or from the Apple App Store?

Mods are at:

/Users/<your_user_name>/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS

DLC is at:

/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app/Contents/Home/assets/DLC

To get to the DLC you may have to find the Library folder by holding down the Alt/Option key while selecting Finder->Go. Library will appear in the menu list. Select it to open /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/

You then have to navigate to the Civilization V.app item at Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app. Right click it, and select Show Package Contents to display the Contents folder.

Mods are at:

/Users/<your_user_name>/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS
OK, found it
DLC is at:

/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app/Contents/Home/assets/DLC

To get to the DLC you may have to find the Library folder by holding down the Alt/Option key while selecting Finder->Go. Library will appear in the menu list. Select it to open /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/
I can find the DLC folder...but I cannot find Library. When I hold "alt/option" and click finder then type "DLC" the folder comes up....I click it...but do NOT see a library folder

You then have to navigate to the Civilization V.app item at Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app. Right click it, and select Show Package Contents to display the Contents folder.
Wait...how can I navigate there?
Can't find STEAM folder...

Please let me know what I need to do to figure out where stuff is and why stuff keeps crashing/giving errors. Thanks!

I gave you detailed instructions on how to find your Library folder and the Steam copy of civ5. Did you follow those? You can't just type DLC to find that folder directly as it's hidden inside the civ5 application package.

OK...here is what I just did...please tell me if I did it right.

I clicker "Finder">>>documents>>>>aspyr>>>Sid Meier's Civilization 5>>>MODS

1) Is this the right place I am supposed to be looking?
-I also see under Sid Meier's Civilization 5 a "Modded saves" and "Moduserdata"....would those be of relevance for the purposes here of finding out why I constantly some kind of error or another with Mods on the mac?

2) Assuming the "Mods" folder I found is the right spot to look, I take it I should:
-Open each of the subfolders under "Mods" and report the file types.
-Is that it?

3) If so, then what exactly am I looking for to troubleshoot why I have so many problems?
-Mods with LUA files?
-Mods with DLL files?

I just spent a half hour going over a handful of the dozens of mods, I don't see any DLL files but just about everyone thus far has an LUA file or subfolder with many LUA files.....

Yes, that's the correct location for mods. Each folder in that location should contain a file with a .modinfo extension. There should be other files and/or folders. There should be no files with .dll extension.

Yes, that's the correct location for mods. Each folder in that location should contain a file with a .modinfo extension. There should be other files and/or folders. There should be no files with .dll extension.

OK...I will take a look.
So basically if there are any files with .dll ext....delete and never download that mod again?
But otherwise, if I find NO .dll, then everything should be working fine, including LUA files?

Again, I am just searching for any possible .dll?

Correct.

You were also asking about DLC, but since you don't seem to be able to find that folder, it's most unlikely that there is anything in it that shouldn't be there - you would have had to put it there yourself.

I now have the problem for civ 6. I can't find any mods I downloaded in the mods folder. I have the Steam version. I go to Documents->My Games->Sid Meier's Civilization VI->Mods... aaaaaand the folder's empty, even though I have multiple working mods installed off of Steam.

There is a thread in the Civ 6 forum, in the Mac section, which gives the path. It is completely different.

There is a thread in the Civ 6 forum, in the Mac section, which gives the path. It is completely different.
That's for Mac, yes?
I'm on PC. I'll read the thread, but I don't know if it has an answer for PC users, too

Top Bottom