my thoughts after playing lmost 1000 hours

jimkirk

Prince
with the exception of apollo (i never beat the game on apollo yet)the game is too predictable and easy once you start on a project (end game project)you know all the ai's will attack you and it will be till the end so its pretty much .. most likely you win because of domination .. the enemy wont stop war till either they kill you or you beat them

It feels a little... light on content yo. I mean, 1000 hours of dedicated research, and this is all you got for us!?

It feels a little... light on content yo. I mean, 1000 hours of dedicated research, and this is all you got for us!?

Lol, harsh but fair!

My question is, if you have played over 1000 hours and can predict the AI - why haven't you beaten the game on Apollo yet?

I've played a total of 2210 hours and my verdict is: Game's okay, but too easy!

Yep, it is, but then, how many things in life are too easy? Not too many. Hey, i don't mind this game being too easy. Especially since one can always make things harder by imposing additional rules in the game for oneself. How about winning on Apollo without creating/using any single worker nor any single trade route, for example? Simple rule. Hard game. If you'll do that, please post us all the details, too. Would be hell of a ride, i bet! :)

The game is definitely much easier than Civ 5 to win but I still enjoy playing it. Like has been said already, you can impose rules on yourself to try and make it more difficult such as limiting your cities or military, etc. But I just enjoy playing it because it is a cool turn based Sci-Fi game

After playing 3227 hours, I must say the game isn't very fun.

I may play another 1000 hours, then I'll probably stop. Maybe I can get a refund.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm?

The game needs an almost total overhaul in my opinion. The contact victory and the affinity specific victories are all variations on each other: You build a single device within your border and click next until the game ends. They require no interaction with other Civs whatsoever. Why is there even diplomacy in this game?

I may be on my own here but I dislike hybrid affinities. In Civ5, the game is completely changed once ideologies are chosen. Old alliances gave way to new ones. Who you thought was your friend all of a sudden becomes your rival. Strong difference in beliefs can lead to conflict and eventually war, which makes for a very interesting game play.

Hybridization eliminates this almost completely. Could you imagine if Civ5 had this same mechanic? You're 33% order, freedom and autocracy? It makes no sense. Why would we be in conflict with each other? The bonuses for hybridization is so good, is doesn't make sense not to adopt all three affinities at some point. We can all hold hands and sing kumbaya! Yay!
:cheers:

The game is definitely much easier than Civ 5 to win but I still enjoy playing it. Like has been said already, you can impose rules on yourself to try and make it more difficult such as limiting your cities or military, etc. But I just enjoy playing it because it is a cool turn based Sci-Fi game

I do that a lot. I like to sort of "role-play" my Civ games with self imposed rules.

I've played a total of 2210 hours and my verdict is: Game's okay, but too easy!

How are you still alive and breathing after playing that much Civ:BE? I wanted to stab my eyes out after like three games. Are you okay dude?

Lol, harsh but fair!

My question is, if you have played over 1000 hours and can predict the AI - why haven't you beaten the game on Apollo yet?
and when i meant predictable .. game is a bore till you pull ahead and start building that endgame project then .. they all gang up on you en mass thats the predictable part .. and they wont ask for peace even after you are crazy ahead in war score ..
there is a few mods ive used to make things a bit more intresting .. a mod called "rising tide of aliens" makes the aliens way harder and they scale along with you .. heck they will attack your cities .. now you have to think and get a bit sharp .. game isnt automatic anymore

I'm assuming this is sarcasm?
Nope. I bet it wasn't. Check his joining date. 10 years ago! There are people who LOVE civilization. Sadly, too few, they are. Tell ya, between someone who spends thousands of hours in Civilization games and someone who spends tohusands of hours doing mindless frags in some Dall of Cuty, i gang up with the former any day. :lol:

A mere 186 hours on CIV:BE and a paltry 27 hours on CIv V.

CIV BE is enjoyable but it could do with more ways of winning other than domination and variations on a space victory.

too hard .. they get too many advantages..

Well, go for pumping the points into your ideology. Science advantages isn't very well prounced in civ:BE. I beat CIV:BERT on apollo cuz of it. The AI just couldn't science me to death.

Assuming you have decent ability to wage a war in field. :lol:

Well, go for pumping the points into your ideology. Science advantages isn't very well prounced in civ:BE. I beat CIV:BERT on apollo cuz of it. The AI just couldn't science me to death.

Assuming you have decent ability to wage a war in field. :lol:

going to take your advice and try the science ideology route

Top Bottom