Complete list of easter eggs in Civ3

Truronian said:
Any word on why The Mumbles is an English city?

Don't know... Somebody must have thought it was a cool place and put it in the city list. If I had to guess I would say "somebody" was Soren.

Mumbles is in South Wales...the area is in fact named after the two islands, which stand sentinel at the end of the promontory. It's believed they were so called perhaps by the Romans, because of their visual similarity to 'breasts'; 'mamma' in Latin and 'mammelles' in French.

Whomp said:
Mumbles is in South Wales...the area is in fact named after the two islands, which stand sentinel at the end of the promontory. It's believed they were so called perhaps by the Romans, because of their visual similarity to 'breasts'; 'mamma' in Latin and 'mammelles' in French.

Yeah, I just thought it was a curious addition to England's city roster. I was hoping for some Catherine-Zeta Jones related factoid.

MikeB said:
- Not Constantinople: The song was not originally by They Might Be Giants. It predates them by a number of years. I'm not sure who the original artist is though.

Istanbul (Not Constantinople)

-Artists: The Four Lads
-peak Billboard position # 10 in 1953
-Words by Jimmy Kennedy and Music by Nat Simon

There is a picture of The US after global warming forces the oceans to rise.

At least i think that is waht it is.

Check in the world customization screen. It is the climate picture.

Here's a little egg: when trading, you sometimes get "Well, it's cutting me own throat..." which is a reference to Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

Attachments

• dibbler.jpg
    dibbler.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 846
Infrograms Interactive/Civilization III/Civ3PTW/Art/Credits

After the backrounds page there are a whole bunch of pictures those are presumably pictures of Civ 3 PTW developers put on leaderheads. Here's an example:
Infrograms Interactive/Civilization III/Civ3PTW/Art/Credits/U_Cromer
Hammurabi, or Mark Cromer(writer of some Civ III music)?

belteshazzar said:
Here's a little egg: when trading, you sometimes get "Well, it's cutting me own throat..." which is a reference to Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.
If Mike B. or another Firaxian verifies this, fine. but the expression "cutting me own throat" goes back long before Terry Pratchett....

Look at the picture of Lincoln Conquered. Looks like John Wilkes Booth tried to shoot him again, because there are bullet marks on the walls!

What about the Guinea Pig resource in the Mesoamerica conquest? Not sure whether it would be an easter egg or not.

No, read the discreption. It's to hide unnecessary worker functions. A real easter egg would be if it was like Elvis or something.

What the heck are "unnecessary worker functions?" What other functions to workers do and why do they do them if they are unnecessary?

Every once in a while, when you're bargaining with another ruler they'll say something along the lines of "this is my final offer and I'm cuttin me' own throat". This is a reference to a character in the Terry Pratchett "Discworld" series, Cut'Me'Own'Throat Dibbler. I can't remember exactly how it's worded, but I thought I should throw it out there since you didn't have it on there, and I know it must be an Easter Egg since I hardly ever see it as a reply.

Allready Said...Sorry

There is a britney spears as an entertainer in the modern era

Top Bottom