friendly AI runs into my subs....

echinococcus

Prince
...bc of not having seen them?

in a game i modded, something very strange happens very frequently:

i see the message "the * declared war on us"
then i see one of their ships (even a transport) attacking one of my fortified subs

this happened so often, it has clearly no relation to the AI attitude or aggressiveness

somewhere had similar experiences? this is obviously a bug.

It is...I have heard it before. The funny part is that this bug was in vanilla (or PTW :confused: ) and it was fixed in a patch and now it is here again. This scares me because some bugs that were fixed in patches for vanilla or PTW may be in C3C again...

I think that the bug in vanilla Civ was that the Human Player would accidentally declare war by inadvertantly attacking invisible subs. The AI never did this because the AI could see all of your invisible units.

It sounds as if they fixed what I considered a "bug" or a "cheat," allowing the AI to see your invisible units, but have created a new problem. I hope they don't take the easy way out and just allow the AI start seeing all invisible units again.

Btw, the Barbs could never see the invisible units but it was not an issue as they were always at war with everyone anyway.

Originally posted by CornMaster
They could always allow two units to occupy the same square...

This is a good idea as long as it only applies to invisible sea units occupying the same square as a non-invisible sea unit. Maybe even give the sub a 50% attack bonus if it can 'get under' its target...

This has happened to me twice thus far. In one turn.

It happens to me with other invisible units too.

In the Age of Discovery scenario, I got into a war with the Inca after one of their Settlers ran into one of my Missionaries. Heh, I didn't know Settlers could sneak attack...

Well, they fixed the bug Dog was talking about by giving the human a "Are you sure you want to go to war?" pop-up.

FYI since I haven't seen it mentioned. I had thought that the problem was just with the AI running into friendly invisible units. But it just happened to me. I tried to move a unit and ran into an invisible AI land unit and thusly declared war by accident. No pop-up asking me if I really wanted to declare war. :(

I have had a sub run into one of my subs like it could not see it! It was a standard Submarine and I had a Nuclear Submarine. I thought subs could see other subs!!

Originally posted by PolarisXP
I have had a sub run into one of my subs like it could not see it! It was a standard Submarine and I had a Nuclear Submarine. I thought subs could see other subs!!

There's another bug...

This is 1.12b, right?

Originally posted by dog
FYI since I haven't seen it mentioned. I had thought that the problem was just with the AI running into friendly invisible units. But it just happened to me. I tried to move a unit and ran into an invisible AI land unit and thusly declared war by accident. No pop-up asking me if I really wanted to declare war. :(

Really? Third bug in this thread...

I think it may be used as an exploit if one wants to be at war with some AI but doesn't want to declare war by himself - e.g. send a privateer and a submarine, place them next to one of AI ships (submarine before privateer), AI wants to destroy the privateer and bah! they run into your submarine. Or surround some AI ship with submarines.

I have not tried it in practice. I wanted to do it in my last game but I achieved diplomatic victory before ;)

Best regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

it's still there with 1.22
humans get the pop up but the AI just declares war
I was patroling the coast just outside the culture boarder and happened to run out of moves in a ocean choke point so there was a really good chance of hitting my unit (although if they had seen the sub they could have gone around) and war was declared

Top Bottom