Recipe for a disaster

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
Put max number of civs on a small map. Kill a random unsettled civ (if civs cannot settle their first settler on turn 1, they don't move anymore), then kill another civ.

First, everybody will denounce you (takes 3~4 turns). After the denounces expire, they will denounce you again. (3~6 turns). Then declaration of war by some dudes that seem to really see you want to win. (this is on Prince level)

Some turns later, nearly every of your neighbours, except a handful of civs has declared war on you. Funny isn't it ? Yes it's fun (just because it's on Prince), but I wonder... is this really supposed to be like that ?

I obliterated only 1 civ, 2 technically. Is the player supposed to be declared by everybody on higher difficulty levels if he is just doing what is the funniest in Civ ?

Attachments

• Ramesses II_0228 AD-1590.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
On prince? They all DoWed you? Good. Build 3 archers and spank every one of those weenies.

Yeah, I had the entire world declare war on me once for taking over two city - states. It makes playing Mongolia a pain

Ouch, considering that its 4000BC and noone could write, translate languages, produce maps or understand what is happening only a kilometer away from their primitive stone age settlement it does seem a bit crazy that every Civ has such well developed diplomatic information available.

Ouch, considering that its 4000BC and noone could write, translate languages, produce maps or understand what is happening only a kilometer away from their primitive stone age settlement it does seem a bit crazy that every Civ has such well developed diplomatic information available.

I don't know about you but if I saw a group of cavemen clubbing another large group of cavemen and emerged victorious.

Then they did it again to another group, I will be feeling uneasy and want to go club them in the head before they do it to me.

As far as I know if you declared war on a Civ before anothero ne meets you and you conqour them, you won't get negative modifers.

Although once a lot of people denouce you, that is it. You will never get peace with anyone again, not just because of your denunciation and warmongering. But also because of another modifier "Others civs we like more than you have denounced you"

You can get to warmongering modifier "Sink the world into a dark age" by just declaring war once and taking three cities (excluding re-taking). It's definitely a broken mechanic where everyone is going to team up on you and gang up on you. Even though in real life back in history, civs didn't give a damn about conquering your neighbors.

I don't know about you but if I saw a group of cavemen clubbing another large group of cavemen and emerged victorious.

Then they did it again to another group, I will be feeling uneasy and want to go club them in the head before they do it to me.

Actually human psychology means that its far more likely that onlookers would go "oh i hope they dont go after me next" and try their best not to get involved.

Look at all the famous cases like the Murder of Kitty Genovese. So many witnesses but they just convinced themselves that someone else would do something about it.

Even in wars, Hitler got so far because everyone else was trying not to get involved until the last minute.

Actually human psychology means that its far more likely that onlookers would go "oh i hope they dont go after me next" and try their best not to get involved.

Look at all the famous cases like the Murder of Kitty Genovese. So many witnesses but they just convinced themselves that someone else would do something about it.

Even in wars, Hitler got so far because everyone else was trying not to get involved until the last minute.

Well my behavior is the opposite, I stamp out the problem before it becomes the problem in my games.

Actually, the story of Kitty Genovese is totally different than what was reported years ago. Here's just one link that bebunks the myth that no one did anything:

http://nypost.com/2014/02/16/book-reveals-real-story-behind-the-kitty-genovese-murder/

“Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.”

-- Douglas Adams

With every civ led by a God-like immortal ruler, engineers completing wonders in one turn, and ranged units shooting arrows across the English Channel, you find instantaneous diplomatic knowledge to be crazy?

With every civ led by a God-like immortal ruler, engineers completing wonders in one turn, and ranged units shooting arrows across the English Channel, you find instantaneous diplomatic knowledge to be crazy?

I like you.

Top Bottom