Mics?

PeteAtoms

FormulaRandom
Does anyone know if you can talk to other players in multiplayer? Is it only in team games, and only to your teammate? What about free for all? And is there any other way to communicate with other human players besides mic's?

And has anyone had any negative/positive experiences with this?

I've only been in Free-For-All games, but I've heard people occasionally cough or set down their mic during the game.

It is really strange that I haven't heard a single person ever say anything during a game though.

Yes you can definitely use mics in all multiplayer modes. People talk all the time in my games, but I never do. Sometimes I hear people complain that nobody has mics, but they don't realize that a lot of people prefer not to use them. I have nothing to say to people who I'm trying to destroy. I don't play the game to make friends, I play the game to conquer the world.

But I'm also going on 26 and the whole headset thing seems awkward to me. If I felt like being social, I wouldn't be playing video games in the first place...

Yes you can definitely use mics in all multiplayer modes. People talk all the time in my games, but I never do. Sometimes I hear people complain that nobody has mics, but they don't realize that a lot of people prefer not to use them. I have nothing to say to people who I'm trying to destroy. I don't play the game to make friends, I play the game to conquer the world.

But I'm also going on 26 and the whole headset thing seems awkward to me. If I felt like being social, I wouldn't be playing video games in the first place...

I like being social on games and stuff for that very reason. If they piss me off, I can just hit the power button and they're gone! :lol:

I think the only things I've said during a match to the other people or a specific person were:

"Aww man. I mean come on! Aww no!"
"What the- what's going on!?"
"Dude, not cool."

Most of the time I'm just chating with someone while I'm playing a multiplayer game, making it difficult to actually talk with the other people playing the game.

do you know if there is way to have private exchanges? for making secret alliances or just to keep secrets from specific players? is this automatic for team games?

do you know if there is way to have private exchanges? for making secret alliances or just to keep secrets from specific players? is this automatic for team games?

I don't know about team games since I haven't played any, but when you conduct diplomacy with a human player you are asked if you want to start a private chat with him or her.

I use the Playstation Bluetooth. It works perfectly for chatting. :)

I hate it when your team mate doesn't talk, it just feels kind of awkward and you can't really work together as well than if you were communicating.

I haven't worked up the nerve to try a multi yet and I don't want to start a game without being committed to playing through.

How does the interaction between humans get handled?

With AI players, there are basically canned choices when it comes to diplomacy. I assume with human interaction you can make demands, trades, etc. more freely?

Thanks,

Steeemer

Me and my friend would take turns playing and talking into the mike, he'd actually say normal stuff, and when I'm on I'd annoy them like . .. .. .. . and then they said they'll give something in the game if I shut up, and I take it, but then I demand more or I'll keep talking =]

Most people don't seem to realize that they can just turn off their mikes lol

You cannot do this on the DS version I am pretty sure:(

Top Bottom