What are your favorite unique units

Camel Archer. Hit and run makes conquering cities easy. Downside is that upgrading it will lose the range promotion if you have acquired it.

I like the flavor of Pictish warrior, but alas they are too short-lived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impj!!! I can't believe no one has listed them yet. Combined with the unique barracks building with that huge bonus for flanking, 3 movement, and they have a spear throw that can cause significant damage at the beginning of an attack before they even take any damage? Ridiculous easily my favorite UU

So many I want to like, but I have to go along with Impi.

I want to like Pracinha. I want to like Longbows, but they come so late (replacing xbows). I want to like Picts, but they lose their promo on upgrade. I want to like Winged hussars, but all too often the retreat hurts; not helps.

Impi - Bonus against mounted (really helps if you don't find horses but your neighbor does), bonus against gunpowder and a free ranged attack.

Siege Tower - Sapper promotion, oh yeah.

I have always (in Civ5) appreciated the Roman Legion.

It pressures me to settle or conquer an iron source, and during peacetime I can utilize them to build my road network while my workers are improving tiles. I'll often keep a few for road construction after I can upgrade to muskets.

i would have to go with the samurai because its a samurai
in second place comes the keshik
and third is the chukonu
4 legion
5 bowman
6 longbowman
7 jaguar
8 musketeer
9 minutemen
10 winged hussar

My overall favorite is the Keshik for obvious reasons.

But I have to take time out to show love for the Minute Man after playing with them recently.

The key to the Minute Men is that they retain all attributes like the Jaguar. That sets up the americans having a UA that persists for the rest of the game. But I prefer the minute man because war is more viable when they come along.

Camel Archers, just because they look awesome.

I also like Conquistadors. Scout an area, take out barbarians, and settle a city, just like that!

China's Crossbowmen. They are amazing at offense and defense. You dont even need catapults with these bad boys and they kite very well.

(In no particular order):
1. Minutemen- The ignore terrain cost promotion is incredibly useful, +golden age points.
2. Longbow- While the 3 range is nice, having Gatlings with 2 range is awesome.
3. Tercios- Why should you need to chose between pikemen and musketmen, when you can have both?
4. Conquistodor- They don't suffer a penalty for attacking cities, enough said.
5. Merchant of Venice- Near the end of the game you can be getting 4,000 gold from trade missions.

I got minutemen with kilimanjaro once. That game did not last much longer. What keeps minutemen off my favorite list is their late arrival.

Caroleans because free march means I can get cover II instead of trying to earn march. Actually, that might be a better strategy with regular units too.

Water maps: Ship of the Lines. They're so freaking scary. By far the most overpowered sea unit in the game. Frigates are already bad enough, how about 7 extra range strength, 5 extra combat strength and cheaper production build. When England is on the map in MultiPlayer I really consider moving away from the coast.

Best unique unit for land? It's either Camal Archers or Keshiks. First, they can move after doing a range attack, Pikemen are totally useless against them (2K Fail), and can take cities pretty swiftly.

Top Bottom