Great Merchant: Trade mission in an enemy city state

Sporally

Prince
I'm currently in a great war against Poland and Korea. Poland has allied around half the planets city states, while I own almost the rest.

I've just got myself a great merchant and was wondering whether I could this GM to take one of the city states though the trade mission? I guess not, but just want to be 100% sure before I proceed.

wrong forum!

Moderator Action: Please report posts instead of adding this. Moved this thread to Civ5 General Discussions.

No answers to this question... Really??

Never tried it, but I would not send a GM to a CS with which I was at war. In addition to the risk that the GM gets killed, I probably wouldn't get the relationship boost that I would get with a CS not at war with me.

But, for the benefit of everyone, save your game, send the GM to the at-war CS and report back in this thread. If your GM is killed, or the mission can't be performed, or can be performed but yields nothing, we've all learned something, and you can reload and continue playing your game "for real."

Sure! Unfortunately no one replied to my thread in time, so continued by doing something else with my GM. Just wanted to know for the future.

But I sure will try it if I someday find myself in a similar situation ;)

Top Bottom