Post-Victory Conditions

Grolgan

Chieftain
Greetings!

Recently finished my first full game of Civ 5 to the end, hurrah!

All within 7 turns I was able to win via Diplomatic Victory (2020) officially followed by Culture Victory (2022) unofficially and then 4 turns later I built the SS Engine (2026) but I can't lift it off for some reason.

Is it because I already won the game? The part is in my Capital which has successfully launched all the other parts.

The only other thing I can add in is at 2025 the ISS completed. Does this have anything to do with the ship being stopped?

You should be able to launch the part still. This sounds like a glitch.

P.S: Good job on completing your game.

Once a VC has been met either by you or another civ further VC cannot be met. In saying that you can still be influential over all civs, become the world leader and take all capitals but you don't win.
I think it's by design but it would be nice if you could keep on winning, especially as the AI will still build the Apollo program and SS parts after someone has won.

It is by design. You will never see the rocket launch once you have won by another victory condition prior.

Yeah, the One More Turn is only for if you experimenting and trying things out, like taking the Giant Death Robot out for a spin. Also, if you wanted to really stroke your idea, and destroy every last city in the world that isn't yours before you quit.

Top Bottom