Star Control 2 - Creation Thread

Conclusion for the rest of the SL-Team:

We're gonna split this Project into an Adventure Variant of Star Control 2 for ToT and a more action oriented and shorter MGE Variant. New Threat will be started for the MGE Variant at CFC. There will also be a Thread at the german Civ-Forum for the MGE Variant.

He, he, it took years, that's true. But it was always nagging somewhere in my backmind and so I started a new attempt to finish this scenario two weeks ago. I will post the StarControl MGE scenario next week - not sure if there are still players out there interested in this one. But I'll have peace of mind at last.

I know the feeling. Still, I've looked forward to this one for quite a while:)

It's still three months till December, so enough time to make up for a good Christmas present.

@Metro

Haven't received any E-Mail from you yet since last week.

I'm looking forward to having some free time to give try this one out. I've been looking forward to it for a long while after all. It is unfortunate that I am so severely time limited at the moment.

It's true enough though, that our numbers have grown thin the last few years. But accolades and downloads were never a particularly important motivation for me. Sometimes, I simply can't take my mind off of something, (in my case about the bronze age Eastern Mediterranean) and without some kind of creative catharsis I fear I will eventually go mad...

Or perhaps only madder relative to before. My wife occasionally taunts me that the last time she played civilization II was when she was in middle school. While this is technically true, I have yet to find something else that scratches this particular itch in my life:)

Actually, I did download this myself. I'm just in the process of getting MGE to work on Windows 8, so bear with me on this one.

Gotta say this old Star Control scenario you made is pretty amazing @Metro Polis ! It's like a whole Star Control game crammed into one Civ2 scenario lol! I'll have to post about this in my Starflight facebook group as there's a lot of SC fans there due to both series similarities (I think one of the SC creators was actually originally a Starflight dev).

I've created a proper download page here at CF for it here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/star-control-scenario.27803/
The download link just links to your above post with the attachment so if you ever decide to update the scenario just update your attachment in your old post here and the download page link won't ever break (or alternatively just let me know and I'll update it).

If anyone's curious about the scenario but hasn't tried it here's a couple of screenshots I just took while playing it:

I love how you've got all these solar systems with planets that can be terraformed and colonized all surrounded by red hyperspace. Someone could make a really cool Babylon 5 space mod using this sort of idea!

Last edited:
The hyperspace idea was really cool, yeah, and that weren't ocean tiles, just normal terrain. I remember I had invisible rivers all over the map, on every single tile, but didn't allow settlers to build any roads by removing the Bridge Building tech. Therefore the settlers didn't waste time on that one and didn't spoil the map either.

Ocean tiles were only under special helicopter units that your mothership (the only unit able to attack aircraft) could destroy in order to unveil the plot.

I know that unit roster is kind of full, and the thread kind of old, but Star Control has a special place in my heart, so I had to make this ship! The Chenjesu Broodhome!

Chenjesu Broodhome Civ.png

Last edited:
Looks cool, was a Starcon1 ship only, wasn't it? It was only in melee mode that you could have it, just like the Mmrnmhrm.

It was a great game indeed and will always be. It's fun to see my twin boys playing against each other in melee modus now, a quarter of a century later. They are 12 and wouldn't let me join: because they simply can't understand why I'm still so freakung good at it, hahaha!

I think you could pick them in Super-Melee, but that was probably it. If I remember they didn't feature in the campaign at all.

Yeah, I still got both I and II installed as well. I haven't really played them in ages though. Not seriously. Just keep them installed for nostalgia. I am not NOT going to have them installed.

Top Bottom