[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

I too appear to be having a bug with the diplomacy screen with the newest update of this mod. - I have [hopefully] attached my save game one turn prior to the problem.

It appears to be a similar issue to that which others are experiencing. It occurs when the AI initiates diplomacy - in my case this is the Malinese demanding i adopt their religion.

The bug is that whichever response i chose the game just freezes.

I have attempted unistalling Civ4 plus WolfRev and then re-installing (along with the 3.17 BTS patch) but this has not resolved the problem.

I have played many games on the last WolfRev Version 1.1.1 (i think). I never experienced an issue then so i believe it must be something to do with your last update.

Also i should mention that i updated by installing the new version complete - not by the update patch.

Hope this helps to solve any problems there might be - and apologies if the error is down to me having done something stupid.

Also let me just say a big thankyou to all the people responsible for this mod or the constituant parts of it - has been greatly appreciated and really added to my enjoyment of Civ4.

Cheers,

The Badger.

OK, I've rebuilt WolfRev from scratch, and tried the saves. Diplo works when I load the game so I'm uploading this now to filefront, should be up in a couple hours (it's alot to upload). I'll be removing the patch then, so everyone will just have to do a full install.

Caius, your save crashes CIV, it just freezes once I select the save. Normally CIV will try to load and then crash, this just insta crashes, so I think that save is corrupted or something, no way to check it (plus 25KB is very small), so I can't check it, but I think 1.2.2 will fix any further issues, but you'll probably need to abandon that game.

Found another BUG...this one is in the custom game....see the attached screenshot(no diplotext)
That fault only occurs when the AI starts the conversation.

NuDDen

Exact same thing happened to me. No way to close diplomacy screen, or advance past screen. BTS is fully patched.

sorry, should have read #202. My bad :( By the way, respect to all involved in the creation of this mod, it is the bomb. Your very hard work is appreciated.

Updated to WolfRevolution 1.2.2 Dec 19, 2008
*Hopefully* fixed diplomacy bugs with 1.2.1 build

Removed patch, full install required. I loaded the saved game that had the blank diplo screen, and 1.2.2 fixed it, however I deleted my old WolfRev file before installing 1.2.2, so you may need to delete your old WolfRev version before updating, I'm not sure. It should work without deleting, but you never know, not deleting it will leave a couple older version python files which may conflict with the 1.2.2 format. IF anyone knows NSIS script, I'd apreciate knowing how to make the installer automatically delete old versions before installing. The NSIS install script I'm using is in my sig (slightly modified with names and version numbers but in essence the same).

Hi again...the empty diploscreen doesnt appear anymore with the new 1.2.2 built, but now sometimes the AI wants something and i can click on the possible answers but nothing happens....cant exit the screen, cant do anything except moving the cursor...game is not freezing, only my commands are not obeyed. anyone else with this problem?

Cheers
NuDDen

I second that experience with the new build, NuDDen. Its a bit frustrating, since this brings the game to a complete roadblock, with the only recourse to close Civ completely.

Hmmm, that shouldn't be happening... I have no idea what could be causing that, I'll ask over in the RevDCM thread and see if glider has any ideas.

This build is basically RevDCM with some minor Python changes to Random events from Wolfshanze, and alot of XML from Wolfshanze (to support the new units and tech trees), there is no python that changed for interface and main files, I'm at a loss here.

I apologize, WolfRev has always been completely stable before, this new 3.5 BUG merge is a nightmare. Also just to make sure: Have you two deleted your previous versions of WolfRevolution, before installing 1.2.2? I ask because there a couple of Python filse (CustomEvent.py and Event.py) which don't get overwritten, due to the change of file formatting and pathing in BUG 3.5 from 3.0, so the old files stay, and may cause conflicts with the new BUG code if not removed.

Hmmm, that shouldn't be happening... I have no idea what could be causing that, I'll ask over in the RevDCM thread and see if glider has any ideas.

This build is basically RevDCM with some minor Python changes to Random events from Wolfshanze, and alot of XML from Wolfshanze (to support the new units and tech trees), there is no python that changed for interface and main files, I'm at a loss here.

I apologize, WolfRev has always been completely stable before, this new 3.5 BUG merge is a nightmare. Also just to make sure: Have you two deleted your previous versions of WolfRevolution, before installing 1.2.2? I ask because there a couple of Python filse (CustomEvent.py and Event.py) which don't get overwritten, due to the change of file formatting and pathing in BUG 3.5 from 3.0, so the old files stay, and may cause conflicts with the new BUG code if not removed.

Yes, i deleted the old version before applying the new install. Hope you can pin down the issue :)

Thanks for the kind words.

As for getting this fixed, I got a response in the BUG project and development sub forum, but NikNaks said that this bug has been reported once before from another merge, but was not reproduceable. I haven't been able to reproduce this bug either, diplo has been working fine in my game. So I need a save where this occures. The above badger save works fine with 1.2.2 (though it was blank with 1.2.1), so I need a new save where the current 1.2.2 diplo bug is occuring, so I can post it in the diplo merge bug, BUG thread. If you have a save where this bug is happening feel free to upload it here or there.

Nope, that save works fine. Took about 5 turns till Ghandi made a demand, and my response worked fine. Try to get a save on the turn where this diplo freeze happens, you can save while the demand is being made, and the game will load up with the demand being the first thing you see.

Thanks for the kind words.

As for getting this fixed, I got a response in the BUG project and development sub forum, but NikNaks said that this bug has been reported once before from another merge, but was not reproduceable. I haven't been able to reproduce this bug either, diplo has been working fine in my game. So I need a save where this occures. The above badger save works fine with 1.2.2 (though it was blank with 1.2.1), so I need a new save where the current 1.2.2 diplo bug is occuring, so I can post it in the diplo merge bug, BUG thread. If you have a save where this bug is happening feel free to upload it here or there.

I had this same problem in Rise of Mankind 2 and only was able to fix it by doing a fresh re-install of BTS. I think it was somehow connected to having BUG 3.5 installed in the core game.

Hi, here my next Savegame. It has to be Gandhi again who makes a demand.

NuDDen
Played through over 50 turns until Gandhi made a demand. Worked fine, also every other demand from AI civs worked fine as well. :dunno:

I'd like to get a save with this bug occurring, so I can post it in the BUG dev forum, If I can't reproduce it, there is no way to isolate it.

I had this same problem in Rise of Mankind 2 and only was able to fix it by doing a fresh re-install of BTS. I think it was somehow connected to having BUG 3.5 installed in the core game.
Hmmm, BUG being installed in Custom assets definatly will cause bugs with WolfRev (along with most other mods). For those having problems with the mod, make sure your custom assets is clear, if you have custom assets, move them to a folder in the mods folder, and make them a proper mod. To be honest though, having BUG installed in the custom assets should be causing worse problems, like no interface whatsoever. So I don't think that's the issue.

Anyway, if someone has a save game with this diplo bug occurring please post it.

Nope, that save works fine. Took about 5 turns till Ghandi made a demand, and my response worked fine. Try to get a save on the turn where this diplo freeze happens, you can save while the demand is being made, and the game will load up with the demand being the first thing you see.

Hmm, that file I send you last was saved at the point when Gandhi made the demand. Arrgh....thats annoying that I can't help with that Save....unfortunately i can only mod the xml files an not the python or SDK. :sad:

Hope someone find something:scan:

NuDDen

Since I don't have an example of this bug, I need one of you who does to test this and see if it works. This is the latest DiplomacyUtils.py version for BUG, it's not in the official BUG build yet, but I was told it may fix this issue. To apply it extract the zipped file in your mods directory, you should be prompted to overwrite existing files, select "yes to all" and that will overwrite the original WolfRevolution DiplomacyUtils.py file. The pathing is maintained in this zip file, so as long as you extract it in the ...BTS/Mods directory where WolfRevolution is, it should extract itself where it needs to go. Of course you can apply it manually if you so choose. Let me know if this fixes things, if so I'll update the latest WolfRev build. I would do this myself, but I can't test this fix, since I haven't been able to encounter or reproduce the reported bug.

Top Bottom