Barb Pikemen Are Ranged??

docbud

Emperor
Playing a game on Prince (no mods) and took a few screen shots.

There is a barb camp that Boudeccia is clearing. I had just killed a barb archer. Anyway, you can see her units in this screenshot:

Spoiler :

In the second screenshot, the barb pikemen in the camp shoot at her pikemen in the water. The shooting definitely came from the barb camp.

Spoiler :

In the last screenshot, they disembark and take out the camp.

Spoiler :

I guess I'm curious about the barb pikemen being able to range attack.

Is this normal?

Apologies if it's a stupid question. I'm only a prince player.

doc

P.S.: I also apologize for not knowing how to use the "hide" thing. How do you do that? FIXED: Thanks Magma_Dragoon--I looked at those icons for what seemed like eternity. :(

Attachments

• Pikeman01.jpg
    Pikeman01.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 627
  • Pikeman02.jpg
    Pikeman02.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 605
  • Pikeman03.jpg
    Pikeman03.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 673
the city siege animation is playing as they disembark to attack the encampment
wrap it in spoiler tags

the celtic pikeman killed the barb pikeman from the water.. what you saw was simply the barb fighting back when the celt pike attacked it.

Thanks Magma-Dragoon. I will edit to fix.

@Novalia: The Celts pikemen/melee units can attack from the water? In any event--the barb pikemen fired first. Maybe it was just a glitch on the animation?

Thanks

When a melee unit attacks a city, it throws little fireballs. It looks like that animation is being used for amphibious assaults on melee defenders for some reason.

@Novalia: The Celts pikemen/melee units can attack from the water? In any event--the barb pikemen fired first. Maybe it was just a glitch on the animation?
Thanks

Yes but it comes at a hefty price. You're probably right about it being a sort of glitch. The best clue for me that this is business as usual is all your screenshots are the same turn. Since barbs act after AI the pike could never have taken that land tile if the barb attacked first and it's still the same turn.

Thanks Magma-Dragoon. I will edit to fix.

Thanks

ALL melee units can attack from the water.
They just have A big penalty.

Top Bottom