Civ VI Vs. Civ V + Expantion 3.

KokeenoPokameso

Warlord
Simple Question: What can you not do with a Civ V 3rd expansion, that you can do with Civ VI?

I do not think that you can profoundly change the global happiness mechanic in an expansion.

I do not think they could change the Hex Tiles (not that they should) in an expansion.

Of course I did not think that you could radically redesign Trade in an expansion, and they did that.

Please this is not another thread about what you wand Civ VI to be, contain or when it should be out. I just want to know what is and is not possible.

They probably can't completely overhaul combat either. While I don't think of 1UPT as a failure, I do think they'd like to tweak it a good bit.
Map mechanics. Things like having a river actually BE a tile rather then said tile's edges would be impossible to implement with the current ruleset.
Those came to mind immediately.

My theory is if a 3rd expansion happens, then they can only add variety to the game and pull it away from ending up a click fest which to this day I still feels happens.

Random Events, Expanded Simulations (i.e Health system, random events, advanced science victory)

And probably few other features.

Who knows. Civ 6 could expand and be more complicated than Civ 5 is.

ANYTHING is theorotically possible as we've seen how much the game changed between Civ 4 to Civ 5 alone.

Civ 6 could expand and be more complicated than Civ 5 is.

Who knows? Maybe CivVI will be as complex as CivIV was!

Because at the end of the day, a health system, random events, and an advanced science victory are really things that already existed in the franchise. At this point, they should be looking back and improving instead of wholesale scrapping of mechanics. At least replace scraped mechanics with something better, like they did with religion and trade.

And yes, trade could be improved significantly in a future expansion.

espionage. surely if they could have made it possible to get spies more realistically early in time (spies are probably the third oldest profession imo) they surely would have made it possible to get more of them when they do appear. even multiplying how many you are awarded seems impossible in civ v. so i think espionage can only be fixed in civ vi. i see mods where description says even if they give you spies earlier they dont seem able to access the code they need until later.

Is there more profit to be made in a new game than an expectation?
There is more work to make a new game but more money to make per unit. there is less work to making an expansion but less money per unit?

I think an expansion could easily bring about stacked unit though. New stack-able units have been introduced with each. and a method already exsits to ID and select stacked units with Arial units.

Is there more profit to be made in a new game than an expectation?
There is more work to make a new game but more money to make per unit. there is less work to making an expansion but less money per unit?

I think an expansion could easily bring about stacked unit though. New stack-able units have been introduced with each. and a method already exsits to ID and select stacked units with Arial units.

Expansions always sale less than base games, both in numbers of units and price per. Overall expansion give less profit the more you go. Simply because only a part of who bought civ V will get GK and only a part of that will get BNW.

The best strategy is always to make a new game and then a few expansions which after reaching a point it's better to make a new game.

The advantage of making a new game is that if the series is successful, the next installment always bring more customers making it a bigger base for the expansions of that game, it gives a boost to the machinery if you will whereas expansions are just about slowly decelerating.

I think it's time for Firaxis to make a 6th rather than an expansion money wise.

I'm not really sad by no expansion for 5 but I'm upset by the fact we probably won't get any more balance patch for 5 when there are still blatant imbalances in the current game. TO me the fall patch was really disapointing considering it may be their last :(

They probably can't completely overhaul combat either. While I don't think of 1UPT as a failure, I do think they'd like to tweak it a good bit.
Map mechanics. Things like having a river actually BE a tile rather then said tile's edges would be impossible to implement with the current ruleset.
Those came to mind immediately.

I think having river tiles would be one of the best additions they could make as far as mapping is concerned.

Given that even the present AI fights better when more maneuvering room is available (try it your selves, increase MIN_CITY_RANGE to 5 and see what happens), I would expect them to finally move away from a city-centered model to a territory-centered one; cities would still be the most important center of a given territory (not necessarily fixed ala provinces), but production and food would move to tiles with resources linked to a given city. Think a mix of Napoleon TW and Fallen Enchantress. That would change the game big time, and for the better, making 1UPT truly shine as the fight for territory will become much more important.

I think the way ciities are treated in Civ V won't be changed. They will remain macroscopic and you won't have to pay much attention to them. Unfortunately, that means no local health, which is IMO one of the biggest missing things from Civ V.

Top Bottom