The Khan's Venetian Armies:

danaphanous

religious fanatic
So this is weird. I'm Venice and have allied all the world's CS's and completed Patronage. I have so much gifted military that I regularly gift back all but the best specialty units I receive, but lately the CS's have been obsessed with giving me only special units. I have loads of samurai, a cavalry specialty, and some other weird knight upgrade. Yesterday I had a surprise though. I got gifted another Great General and was sending him to the border to claim more resources out of reach with the citadel (I own almost all of North America with 1 city by force-expanding my borders via citadel and just plain high culture).

My great general then proceeded to gallop 6 spaces. I took a closer look at the guy. He had a different name but it was definitely the Khan. I had no idea I could get gifted the Great General Khan from a CS. Has anyone seen this? The reason I know it's the Khan is the picture is a dead match to him.

I can post a picture if you guys want it. Needless to say I kept the guy. He's awesome.

I have never got Khan but I have got GMOV many times. So It's not a big suprise. :)

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Yeah you can get any GP even the unique ones. I'm always psyched to get a Kahn, their healing bonus is so nice. MoVs are cool too, especially if there's a CS on your borders that's allied with an antagonistic civ...

I've received Khans about half a dozen times, and a GMOV a couple.

I've never received a GS though until after I've won the game though.

Yup, this is intended. What's better, though, is getting a Khan as Sweden and then going on a rampage with your +25 HP-per-turn Caroleans.

a CS gifted me a Khan even though The Mongols were in the game.

Now that's interesting. Usually, CS' don't gift particular UU great people or UU military units if the civ that has those units is in the game. Are you sure about this, Soldier?

Why would you name the Venetian armies as Khan's? Don't Khans take over CSes as well instead of shopping for them like Maria T does?

Now that's interesting. Usually, CS' don't gift particular UU great people or UU military units if the civ that has those units is in the game. Are you sure about this, Soldier?

I think the Patronage policy is set so CSes will give you Khans and MoVs even if Mongolia and/or Venice are in the game.

Top Bottom