Venetian Domination

Callonia

Deity
I'm going to play as the Venice for the first time and attempt for domination victory!

I have a feeling i'm going to be annoyed by not being able to settle cities xD

Basically to play as this civ, I need Great merchant points as much as possible in the capital for the better to spam their great people to buy up the city states?

What difficulty level?
What map type?

Don't rush to optics by the way, you want the CS to grow a bit on its own.

difficulty level is King and map type is a mod tectonics but it will be a huge map.

I like the mod because i never know what the world will look like. Way better than vanilla firaxis map scripts xD

Don't puppet all the city states. They gonna be you're only trade route guys if you're at war with other civs.

Ok thank you xD

Edit: I just stumbled across the faith ruin so i decided to pick up god king because i only have one gold and gem plus jungles everywhere. So it looked like it gave me the best boost for the start up although arguably Faith Healers is way better due to me going to be really tiny argh. I probably should've picked up faith healers. Well what's done is done.

You'll need tons of cash to buy units because your puppets won't produce any. I'd say prioritize Iron Working for both the Colossus and the Heroic Epic, finish Tradition and then go down the right side of Commerce and attack your first targets with Landsknechten supported by Great Galleasses.

You'll need tons of cash to buy units because your puppets won't produce any. I'd say prioritize Iron Working for both the Colossus and the Heroic Epic, finish Tradition and then go down the right side of Commerce and attack your first targets with Landsknechten supported by Great Galleasses.

I got beaten to the Colossus someone prioritized it super early xD And my start is sorta bad. No multiplies of a luxury until the city expands to it's 4th ring which will give me 2nd gem. This game is going to be a long one xD

Edit: although I'm off to a decent start, I bought panama city cuz its location was pretty nice and then "conquered" city of Turfan from Mongolia xD as in he handed it over to me just to get me to call off the war with them which I agreed to with rome. lols.

But sadly after upon checking it, the location was pretty bad so i raze it nao.

I just finished a Venetian domination game. Thankfully I started next to Hiawatha so I let him settle every inch between us before I puppeted his empire... made me feel better about not being able to settle cities because he did such a fantastic job of that for me.

Every single city state have Ivory as their luxury....X_X

Fyi, don't accept cities in peace deals...there is a bug that causes the city tile to not produce anything.

The good thing going for you is that, as Venice, you should have a ton of Trade Routes to rake in the cash. As you start conquering cities, you can puppet some and start buying more units right there on the front lines. No need to annex cities (which Venice can't do anyway). No need to march units from your homeland to the battle front. And, as stated earlier, if when you can buy Landsknechts, it'll be all the better.

EDIT: for Venice, Commerce is a no brainer.

Top Bottom