Quick Questions and Answers

you can choose a small map then in advanced setup you can click "add civilization" i believe it says, at the bottom left, until you have as many as you want.

I haven't felt this stupid in a long time. Thank you!

How can the venetian missionary still be inside the city after it was taken?

It is a bug. Fortunately, that sort of thing is pretty rare. It can, on rare occasion, happen with your own units as well.

Why he would never move? Was it some smart AI strategy to keep it's city?

It was not the AI being clever. The AI just had no idea what to do with the unit. You were pretty stuck, with no good choices. I would have thought that attrition would have killed the missionary, but I guess the bug prevented that too.

It is a bug. Fortunately, that sort of thing is pretty rare. It can, on rare occasion, happen with your own units as well.

It was not the AI being clever. The AI just had no idea what to do with the unit. You were pretty stuck, with no good choices. I would have thought that attrition would have killed the missionary, but I guess the bug prevented that too.

Yeah, there was no attrition.
Thank you for the answear. I use EUI, do you think it has anything to do with the bug?

Edit: I totally did not notice that there was another page with this question answered. Oops.

The game setup feels to restrictive to me. I want to be able to start a duel-sized map with 12 civs, etc.

You can with advanced set-up. That result is pretty ridiculous, though, you end up with like 6 tiles between capitals.

Edit: I totally did not notice that there was another page with this question answered. Oops.

You can with advanced set-up. That result is pretty ridiculous, though, you end up with like 6 tiles between capitals.

That's what I wanted. Unfortunately as it is almost impossible to conquer a city with warriors, this doesn't lead to loads of eary wars, but rather to some civs having their settler sitting around forever because of the 4-tile rule. Has this rule been in place in Vanilla?

That's what I wanted. Unfortunately as it is almost impossible to conquer a city with warriors, this doesn't lead to loads of eary wars, but rather to some civs having their settler sitting around forever because of the 4-tile rule. Has this rule been in place in Vanilla?

The Vanilla CD release allowed cities to be founded one hex closer than current. It was one of the first Vanilla balance patches though that increased that.

Warriors in Civ V have never been good enough to conquer a city (outside the use of range units to first get the city down to 0 HP and then the Warrior finishes the job, in which case the even weaker Scout would have worked.)

Vanilla on CD release had very overpowered Horsemen though. Again, one of the first vanilla balance patches gave most horse units a city attack penalty.

I've made a custom map in which I want to start in a specific location. I've set the player starting location to player 1 (Dutch Empire), and I consistently get a completely different starting location when I try the map. How do I fix this (and what's the point of putting in any setting other than "random" if it can't be fixed?)

Do you think a Domination Victory with just less than 150 turns left is viable?

Yes, as long as you ensure another AI doesn't meet a different victory condition first. (Target the tourism leader first)

I've made a custom map in which I want to start in a specific location. I've set the player starting location to player 1 (Dutch Empire), and I consistently get a completely different starting location when I try the map. How do I fix this (and what's the point of putting in any setting other than "random" if it can't be fixed?)

That requires a mod (I don't know which one), and so you'd need to check the Creation & Customization forum.

Yes, as long as you ensure another AI doesn't meet a different victory condition first. (Target the tourism leader first.

I guess I'll just probably start another game. Poland basically ran away with the game, gobbling up an entire continent, being ahead like, in everything. I've captured 2 capitals in my continent but it would be hard to ferry my army across the ocean.

I know this is a modding question but, how do you make Whoward's mods work. Those that don't have any prerequisites work just fine but simply enabling "DLL - Various Mod Components" crashes the game, so I can't use mods that require it. I even disabled every other mod, but game still crashes. I posted the question on several modding threads but so far no replies. Seems like no one had the same problem.

What are the differences between an Atomic Bomb and a Nuclear Missile? Besides the ones listed in the help (Nuclear Missiles have 12 range instead of 10, require 2 Uranium instead of one, and can be carried on missile cruisers). Do they have different strength?

I never quite understood the nuke system in civ5, does a nuke destroy all units around the city, or just weakens them? How many citizens does it kill? What happens to the land? Can the fallout be "cleaned" like in older civ games?

Nuclear missiles destroy all units they hit, unless the units are in a city with a bomb shelter. Atomic Bombs generally just weaken military units. Nuclear Missiles can also actually flat out destroy cities at low population. The land 2 tiles around the city is both pillaged and has fallout -- both of which can be cleaned/repaired by a worker (I think Atomic Bombs may pillage/fallout less).

Others may know more specific details -- I rarely ever use nuclear weapons as I think they're implemented horribly on multiple levels in Civ V.

Hey guys. Do you know how to add all 43 civs in YnAEMP DLL 43 civs? I can only add 22 civs but I want to do all 43 civs. For complete madness and not having my Battle Royale fix quick enough.

Do attacks from cities count as "Ranged attacks" for the Cover promotion? (I.e. the attack from the city itself, not any unit inside the city.)

Yes and no. Melee units will benefit from cover against city attacks but not range/siege units.

Battering ram and siege tower are considered melee units.

Wait, so Cover works differently for ranged and melee units? Or can ranged units not get Cover...? (Sorry, can't remember.)

Top Bottom