Does the AI get unfair advantages?

Ba5man

Chieftain
Because I was playing on King difficulty, and while I just got my riflemen (and all 4 my cities were producing science with libraries), the enemy civ already had fighter planes, and BOMBERS a few turns later. What the hell? Do they get unfair advantages? If yes, it pretty much makes single player pointless, as only multiplayer will be fair then, and it's REALLY hard to find players.

Deity AI is better than you. How to overcome this? Get better than them. Play Emperor, try out different strategies, and just keep practicing. The AI knows EXACTLY how to play the game. The micromanage their cities very well.

Or play Blitzkrieg.

Well in warfare you get an unfair advantage over the AI. They're pretty horrible at coordinating an attack. Mostly because they often dont see the importance of armies in attacking and defending cities. I mean, why attack my city with an archer army with a single cat? Build an army and you actually might take the city!!

I havent played a deity game yet but on emperor and below the AI often fails on this one.

It seems to me that the AI get a bonus in tech speed on Deity. I would guess this is also true to some degree for Emperor. On King the difficulty level description suggests that there's an even playing field.

On deity the game helps out the AI by spawning units for them in the fog of war. It's not apparent if these are new units or if they are allready existing units that are teleported to the position. In any case, it's important on Deity to watch out if you have any tiles covered by fog behind the front lines. I've almost lost my capital because I had a small stretch of fog in the middle of my lands where enemy armies spawned.

Sounds like they built Oxford University and got those from it.

On King difficulty all things are equal. The AI doesn't get any advantages

Deity AI is better than you

Except he said he is was playing on King

On deity the game helps out the AI by spawning units for them in the fog of war. It's not apparent if these are new units or if they are allready existing units that are teleported to the position. In any case, it's important on Deity to watch out if you have any tiles covered by fog behind the front lines. I've almost lost my capital because I had a small stretch of fog in the middle of my lands where enemy armies spawned.

This doesn't just happen on Diety; I've had it happen on Emperor and maybe King too (and I know there was teleporting involved because I had my own island surrounded by a thin strip of sea next to where they appeared, despite me having both entrances to this area guarded by Cruisers).

I'm not certain, but they also appear to be able to have units spawned/teleported into ships. I've been in a situation where an enemy boat has been near one of my cities, and every 5 turns or so a legion army would pop out; either they're being created there, or the AI is so stupid that it doesn't appreciate the advantage of attacking with 5 armies instead of 1.

They also seem to cheat with regard to spies; AFAIK, spies are meant to be invisible (I don't see the AIs when they attack me), yet if I have an unguarded spy near an enemy civ, they always send units way out of their way to capture them, indicating that the AI gets another advantage.

In the demo, on warlord, the Aztec got 2 caravans before i got one, a little suspicous

Top Bottom