Play With Me: Rome - infinite style

Thanks man. I'm a pick with a civ or a few and stick with them kind of guy. So it's America/Iroquois/Egypt/Songhai for me. Is Egypt subpar because happiness is already manageable without +2 happiness on temple?

What I liked about Egypt was you could pick up Aristocracy instead of Meritocracy and still come out +1 happiness ahead, with BT, while dedicating a marble city as a main city to do nothing but build wonders all game(and actually complete them first).

Thanks man. I'm a pick with a civ or a few and stick with them kind of guy. So it's America/Iroquois/Egypt/Songhai for me. Is Egypt subpar because happiness is already manageable without +2 happiness on temple?

What I liked about Egypt was you could pick up Aristocracy instead of Meritocracy and still come out +1 happiness ahead, with BT, while dedicating a marble city as a main city to do nothing but build wonders all game(and actually complete them first).

Egypt is subpar because you don't actually want a temple and for just the happiness fix you're better off with a colosseum or even a theatre (provided you buy it). The same goes for Persia, FYI, because you don't actually want to build a marketplace and a bank in most cities since they often have a very poor return of investment. Building wonders isn't so great, either, you just don't have enough time to grow your capital enough to get early wonders when REXing. And you can usually get later wonders without much trouble.

Same goes for Songhai. Iroquois might be the best in your short list because of their cheaper trade routes.

Top Bottom