For those of us who are greedy...

What would you like to see after Brave New World?

• More DLC civs and scenarios.

Votes: 130 29.2%
  • Another expansion.

Votes: 204 45.8%
  • Neither. Onward to Civ 6.

Votes: 95 21.3%
  • I have no opinion.

Votes: 16 3.6%

• Total voters
I would hope they start their design for Civ VI (2015), but in the mean time a Winter (December), Spring (April), and Summer (August) DLC with 2 Civs and a scenario before a March 2015 release of Civ VI.

At this point, when after the release of BNW, we have 43 playable civilizations I think single Civ DLC releases might not be profitable / wise in business sense. Hence I am hoping they would release 3 – 4 DLC packs with Double or even Triple Civs accompanied with appropriate scenarios and possibly some new natural/world/national wonders and/or new great works.

I highly doubt there will be a third expansion pack, but these double/triple packs would surely sell nicely even with a bit higher price, say 10-15 eur each.

I think first pack could come as early as August, second October and final third in December. Then they could release CiV Ultimate version in Q1/Q2 2014…

Hmm… I like to dream a bit, IF there won't be a Native American Civ in BNW then the first DLC triple pack could be something like Sioux, Pueblo and Inuit. The second ”Ancient Empires” with Sumeria, Phoenicia and Hittites and third “Fan Favorites” with Kongo, Israel and Vietnam.

How do you see these possible DLC pack releases after BNW? :)

The second ”Ancient Empires” with Sumeria, Phoenicia and Hittites

I'd much rather them just update the Wonders of the Ancient World dlc. It already has Sumeria and the Hittites in. They would just need to give them 3D leaderscenes and voice acting and they'd have 2 of the 3 you want.

I think single Civ DLC releases might not be profitable / wise in business sense. Hence I am hoping they would release 3 – 4 DLC packs with Double or even Triple Civs accompanied with appropriate scenarios and possibly some new natural/world/national wonders and/or new great works.

How do you see these possible DLC pack releases after BNW? :)

If they do release more dlc after BnW I would expect to see it in the form of single civs, and maybe a few 2 civ bundles. Although I love your ideas.

The second ”Ancient Empires” with Sumeria, Phoenicia and Hittites

I would pay Firaxis 20$ now if they were even thinking about releasing this dlc bundle!! There is no civ I've wanted to see in the series more than Phoenicia.

"Old Enemies" for those that miss their old civ IV friends.
-HRE, Khmer, and Mali. I think that would fully complete the list of civs who have not yet return in V. (Yes, there would be overlap with current civs, but the problem would be making some of these civs unique from ones we already have).

I'd much rather them just update the Wonders of the Ancient World dlc. It already has Sumeria and the Hittites in. They would just need to give them 3D leaderscenes and voice acting and they'd have 2 of the 3 you want.

Yeah, that would be great as well. Though the Sumerian UA could be changed to give some kind of bonus to Great Musicians/Great Works as Sumerians loved music. Also as the UU Enkidu Warrior (Warrior replacement) would be more fitting than the Phalanx, imo.

"Old Enemies" for those that miss their old civ IV friends.
-HRE, Khmer, and Mali. I think that would fully complete the list of civs who have not yet return in V. (Yes, there would be overlap with current civs, but the problem would be making some of these civs unique from ones we already have).

Yeah, that would be a fun DLC as well. Mansa Musa of Mali is truly fascinating leader as is Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire!

Would really like to see an expansion that focuses on prolonging the Early game which is the most fun.

It would be a Dawn of Civilization expansion that adds new techs at the beginning of the tree. Starting civs begin at a hunter gather level and would have to research "Fire" and Basic tools. Agriculture wouldn't be a starting tech so you would have to research it. Palace would also have to be something you build rather than given it at the start of the game. No making settlers until you research leadership. There would be a couple of new units that are weaker than warriors including a stone age archer with one hex range.

Interesting new complexities is that resources are hidden until the tech for them is researched. No founding a city surrounded by gold and gems until you research mining. Dyes and incense wouldn't be revealed until calendar. Fish, Crabs, and Pearls would be hidden by a new pre sailing tech called "fishing." New Boat making and wood working tech would provide canoes in the era before Triremes. Also maybe a pre-wheel road called a "trail" could reduce terrain cost in forest, jungle, and hills.

Would also be lots of new Wonders such as Gobekli Teke, Puma Punku, and Nan Madol.

Spoiler :

New units would also be added later in the game to fill out more logical upgrade paths.

Lancer should become a direct upgrade to the Knight.
All civs would get horse archers which upgrade into Cavalry as a mounted gun powder ranged unit.
Pikemen should upgrade to Bayonet muskets in the Renaissance era.
New unit Grenadier (Grenade thrower) would provide a late Renaissance era upgrade to the crossbow.

This way the upgrade paths are more distinct.

(Mounted Melee) Horseman > Knight > Lancer > WW1 tank
(Mounted ranged) Chariot Archer > Horse Archer > Cavalry > Gatling gun
(Pole Melee) Spearmen > Pikemen > Bayonets > Anti-tank
(Basic Melee) Warrior > Swordsmen > Long Swordsmen > Musketmen > Riflemen > Infantry
(Basic ranged) Stone age archer > Archer > Composite bowmen > Crossbowmen > Grenadier > Machine gun

Revamping the techs in the enlightenment era would also be a good idea.

For a next expansion, I think they should add civs like Vietnam and Canada and add random events like tsunamis, that kind of stuff and the ability of happiness per city and whenever your empire is super unhappy and starts a revolution, their will be units of another civ and when they take other the city it will become a new civ.

Top Bottom