is it normal for barbarians to produce an army of dozens of paratroopers?

madeirabhoy

Chieftain
not a big player so maybe this is normal. its 2020 or thereabouts and barbarians haven't been a problem for centuries except the odd boat. I've got virtually all of south america where i started and most of north america and am happily picking up fights with the weaker nations to take a lot of asia etc..

and then, from nowhere, barbarians land 12 paratroopers near one of my oldest cities Funchal, and start ripping up all my improvements. since its in the middle of my empire i haven't a lot of troops there so i have to spend a lot of cash to get some tanks to kill them all.

do that a turn later another dozen appear. is this normal?

Is your empire unhappy? Very unhappy? These could be rebellious citizens spawned by prolonged severe unhappiness. Others will be able to quote you thresholds and numbers.

Barbarians? God no thanks. I leave them off. It's much harder imo as the CPU won't lose workers or settlers and focuses on empire growth too.

In the information era it is completely normal for barbarians to produce paratroopers and infantry. Barbarians will also make destroyers sometimes as well. How did barbarians paradrop like that? I haven't seen anything like that before.

Is your empire unhappy? Very unhappy? These could be rebellious citizens spawned by prolonged severe unhappiness. Others will be able to quote you thresholds and numbers.

ah, that explains it. war has made me unhappier than i can buy 'happy' buildings with the spoils

I've had unhappiness but I don't remember having that many units spawn like that in my territories.

Also, each barb paratrooper that pillages a trade route will spawn an additional barb paratrooper.

Since barbs have no need for pillage gold, pillaging a trade route pops another barb.

That's a great way to lose every last trade route in a single turn as venice. I'm not sure wether I think it's challenging or obnoxious.

Top Bottom