Crusader Kings 2

The regent decided that it was a good idea to join 3 low crown authority factions and enforce then all. Faction created, regent joins, they win. Another faction, regent joins, and so on.

Btw, I managed to win the jihad, and now crown authority is raising slowly. Seljuks are about to arrive, I just hope to not have any regencies anymore :D

Also, sometimes a regent wont let me give away vice-royalties, so I get over my vassal limit after 2-3 exarchs die. Plus, lots of angry feudal dukes under my control, feeding those nasty factions. Thats why I love the all vice-royalty roman game.

That's really goddamn stupid. March into Johan's office and complain.

And while you're there, bring EU4 regencies up to and how they add literally nothing to the game.

The HRE granted and then revoked the Duchy of Luxembourg from her eight times in 30 years. Absurd.

By the way, I am experiencing a weird bug. Every time I load a game past around the 1222 date, from starting in 1066, I get a load game w/ no counties selectable. The whole map is grayed out like it was all wasteland. I can randomly select a character using the die roll function, but the game immediately ends on load. I've loaded old games and they continue to play just fine. I save the games, but can't load them. This hasn't happened before to me. Any ideas? This w/ all the main DLC except for Horse Lords and Charlemagne.

Attachments

• 2015-08-15_00001.jpg
    2015-08-15_00001.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 69
Maybe the patch screwed up your game? Lots of people have been having problems with mods.

No mods and I started this game since the last patch (so a patch during the game wouldn't be the problem).

Interestingly, I can play and save successfully for some limited amount of time, but it eventually fails for me. Of course I can't see where that line is, but it seems plastic.

Also interestingly, I am occasionally receiving huge influxes of gold for some reason. All of the sudden, I have three thousand gold. Very odd.

This saves don't load properly thing is really annoying. I am on the verge of installing a Fraticelli pope in Rome, and that's cool. not being able to load the game is not.

Anyone interested in taking a look at a save game file to see if it load successfully for you?

No mods and I started this game since the last patch (so a patch during the game wouldn't be the problem).

Interestingly, I can play and save successfully for some limited amount of time, but it eventually fails for me. Of course I can't see where that line is, but it seems plastic.

Also interestingly, I am occasionally receiving huge influxes of gold for some reason. All of the sudden, I have three thousand gold. Very odd.

This saves don't load properly thing is really annoying. I am on the verge of installing a Fraticelli pope in Rome, and that's cool. not being able to load the game is not.

Anyone interested in taking a look at a save game file to see if it load successfully for you?

Validate cache or uninstall/reinstall.

There's nothing more annoying than going to update your CK2 mods and one of them is like "oh you didn't get the newest portrait pack? Well screw you!". Great time for Pdox to start bundling all the extras into one pack.

yeah but it still sucks when you're playing HIP and only like two cultures have really bad portraits

Yeah, I'm playing HIP. I did try vanilla again for a bit just to check out changes then went and got HIP.

I have Way of Life, and correct me if I'm wrong but... it really doesn't seem to have actually added a whole lot. It added a few neat things for sure but I'm really not getting anymore events for my characters than I used to, though maybe it is slightly better now. Now I am playing Norse and I did feaudalize but have yet to reform the religion but it seems like Way of Life just locked away feasting, hunting and other fun character options behind the different whatchamacallits.

This seems like a big step backwards. My biggest complaint about the game is a lack of fun events that directly involve my character, I want him to be able to do more things than just... nothing. More interaction with other characters and this entire modpack and expansion don't seem to improve that enough. Am I missing something?

Just a reminder to everyone that HIP's modules are, well, modular, so you don't need to get the portrait enhancing module, so having portrait DLCs is not required for HIP, only if you want to use the CPR module of HIP.

Yeah, I'm playing HIP. I did try vanilla again for a bit just to check out changes then went and got HIP.

I have Way of Life, and correct me if I'm wrong but... it really doesn't seem to have actually added a whole lot. It added a few neat things for sure but I'm really not getting anymore events for my characters than I used to, though maybe it is slightly better now. Now I am playing Norse and I did feaudalize but have yet to reform the religion but it seems like Way of Life just locked away feasting, hunting and other fun character options behind the different whatchamacallits.

This seems like a big step backwards. My biggest complaint about the game is a lack of fun events that directly involve my character, I want him to be able to do more things than just... nothing. More interaction with other characters and this entire modpack and expansion don't seem to improve that enough. Am I missing something?

The events in WoL are sorta random and some focuses have more interesting events than others. Also remember that a number of the events won't happen unless you're doing something - for instance if you have the seduction focus obviously you have to choose someone to seduce. From experience, the more interesting focuses for me are learning, seduction, carousing, hunting, and maybe stewardship. I've never really bothered with intrigue or war so I can't say much about that. Family is good for improving relations between family members but it's pretty passive, Learning has a few okay events but I only use that for Christian pilgrimage, and Rulership is sort of bleh.

Overall though I have to say WoL is probably my favorite of the gameplay DLCs but I know that most people would not put it at the top, but whatever.

Is WOL even fixed yet? I still keep reading about the seducing bugs.

If I can seduce bugs, does that mean I can seduce Obsidian?

It's not that it's bugged per se but that it needs a lot of nerfing - it's very easy for characters, AI and human, to rack up a gazillion lovers without any consequence - and frankly the devs don't seem to care about fixing it as their tweaks seem half-assed at best (for instance one of the first tweaks they did was to reduce the chances the AI would seduce females close to the player character, which does nothing to deal with the issue).

At the moment I'm using some personal tweaks of mine to make seduction saner, it's basically an updated version of a mini-mod I made back when I was modding called STOP that dealt with all the seduction gone overboard. If anyone's interested I'm more than happy to provide my files.

Top Bottom