Really Advanced Setup

Not sure - I'll add it to the list and things to check it out. It's springtime where I live and I've been busy working on things around the house. Hopefully I'll get back to the mod soon - but real life keeps getting in the way.

I don't know if I'm supposed to bug report here, but for me the tooltips are wrong. For example when I'm selecting custom options (sea level) for the map it shows me the tooltip for removing civs or some other tooltip.

Thanks for the heads up. I did a quick check and it looks like the custom map options are using the help text from the "Set Number of Civilizations" button. I'll fix that in the future. It appears as thought the rest of the help text is OK.

What dose hybrid do? Is it a hybrid of the other 2 chosen regions or what?

It tries to start with a mix of the selected regions.

As with any of the start biases there is no guarantee that you will get the start that you want. This behavior is part of the game engine and not the mod.

I am using mods: Really advanced setup, info addict, civv UP. I am getting an error in my gold/treasury every turn or else i don't understand finances.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=354068&stc=1&d=1372303345

Any chance you could fix that screenshot? Only the top left quarter of it is screen, and the rest is white. Also, I would guess that it's CivUP that's doing this, since it's meant to be used with GEM and can be buggy for tooltips outside of it. RAS should cause any problems, since it only interacts with the game before it begins, and it has no business editing those panels.

Any chance you could fix that screenshot? Only the top left quarter of it is screen, and the rest is white. Also, I would guess that it's CivUP that's doing this, since it's meant to be used with GEM and can be buggy for tooltips outside of it. RAS should cause any problems, since it only interacts with the game before it begins, and it has no business editing those panels.

Trying to adjust screenshot. Let me know how it works. Is there a simple way to upload a screenshot taken with prtscr?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=354117&stc=1&d=1372361961
I forgot to say that I was supposed to be receiving 161gold but have been getting something like 60gold.
There have been other glitches such as length of defensive pact. I make one & 2 turns later, I get msg it is expired.

Attachments

• gold error1.jpg
    gold error1.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 270
As tomtom5858 said - this mod shouldn't cause any of those problems.

There are a very small number of in game changes within this mod but they should have nothing to do with the problems you are having.

Hey General Tso -

Obviously BNW isn't out yet, but do you anticipate any sort of compatibility problems with this mod?

I can't say for sure. Since there are so many changes in BNW I wouldn't be surprised if there are some problems.

If problems do arise I plan on updating the mod but I'll probably wait for some feedback from users before doing so.

I haven't tried too many options, but three games started with Really Advanced Setup all failed -- the game starts and ends right away, with none of the map revealed, no units placed.

I haven't tried too many options, but three games started with Really Advanced Setup all failed -- the game starts and ends right away, with none of the map revealed, no units placed.

I can confirm the same behavior

Thanks for the heads up.

I plan on updating this mod so that it works with BNW, but it will take a little time. I'm going to collect a list of known issues then start working on an update. If anybody finds a problem that isn't listed - please post it here.

Meanwhile I'm going to try out BNW. ;)

I found the problem that was causing BNW games to end as soon as they where started. I'll be releasing an update with a single fix in the immediate future.

I just released version 6. The mod now works with Brave New World. I didn't do a lot of testing so feel free to let me know if you find any other problems. (Like I really need to tell you guy that. yuk, yuk, yuk)

You can get the new version in the Steam workshop or by going to the first post in this thread.

Probably just me being stupid when it comes to modding on a mac, but copying and pasting the file into the MODS folder didn't make it show up in the Mods window ingame. Not sure what to do about that.

As far as I know mods do not work on a Mac.

Top Bottom