Bug reports and technical issues

Now it is ;) Thanks.

I was playing a game as Byzantium (v1.81) and I got some problems with Turkish independences...
At their first spawn, I defeated them and they never took Constantinopolis.
As I have trouble with stability in this game, they were reborn a first time and flipped Constantinopolis, which was my capital and that they never had... My capital got move to Rome and I destroyed them again.
20 turns later or so (although my stability had gone up), they were reborn again and flipped Constantinopolis, which prompted a "your defeated" message and exited me from the game...
So I don't get why the first time they can get my capital, the second I imagine that this is a feature from playing with Byzantium that if you lose Constantinopolis you lose the game, but I don't get why it did not happen the first time.

Thanks a lot!

Byzantium's UP protects you from collapse if you own Constantinople (as you know). To offset this, you're immediately checked for collapse if you lose Constantinople. However, respawning Turkey shouldn't be able to flip your capital.

So I used the world builder to move the Palace back to Constantinopolis before the second respawn. The turks still managed to flip my capital.
The save is attached, you should be defeated if you press enter...

Attachments

• Justinian I AD-1769 Turn 1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
Hi,

I just downloaded the most recent version today and started playing. Looks awesome!

I'm running into some missing text issues though, do you guys know how I should fix this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• missing text.JPG
    missing text.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 75
Thanks. If you're using SVN, simply make an update. If you don't, go to Assets\Python\ and open DynamicCivs.py. Then search for TKT_KEY_CIV_ETHIOPIA_EGYPTIAN_VASSAL (exactly what you see there) and fix my typo so it says TXT_KEY_....

Harvested 4 Phytex ;)

Aryan Warrior ! (mercenaries; red text)

Is the road over the peak is intentional?

From 1 or 2 SVN before.. perhaps you already fix this one..

Missing text

I did a few experiments with the Alexander Conquest of Persia, but with Celtic.
Why Celtic?
-Can't collapse
-Brute attack : doesn't mind about the stability, maintenance cost etc
-Had no diplomacy, so Persia/Egypt can't beg for merciful peace.

Here's the result :

All I do is :

-Spawning 5 or 6 stacks of 7, consisted of Gallic Warriors, Spearmen, Horse Archer and few GG in Constantinople
-Lots of roads to speed the troops
-Capital move to Babylon once captured (Alexander moved his capital here)
-Set Celtic to be war with Persia, Egypt, Phoenician and India

All of these happened in 6-7 turn after I place the units, do not add anything else ;)

Perhaps you are inspired somehow?

There won't be a Protestantism Holy City if Printing Press is not discovered by any Catholic civilization by 1700 AD (when Prussia spawns). There will be a reformation event but in my game none is converting.

Are you saying that Prussia's spawn triggers the Reformation event in case no one has discovered Printing Press yet?

Yes, I was playing Persia at the time and running free religion, so the only option is to tolerate the reformation. But I didn't see any civilization convert to Protestantism, could be a coincidence, or not.

Something similar will happen if India doesn't found Buddhism and later civ like Korea spawns, there'll be no Buddhist holy city.

I Get a CTD with the following in the log-file:

[Mar 30, 2012 - 20:06:07] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

That's surprising. Did it crash during your turn, or during the AI's?

DOC1.81

Mercenary Maintenance Cost remained after I delete the Mercenary units or gift them to AIs,

You need to go to the mercenary screen to disband them.

And the Great Bath has never provided fresh water although it says so in the description. The same goes with Porcelain Tower, there's no "all trade routes are considered foreign and intercontinental" effect.

You need to go to the mercenary screen to disband them.

And the Great Bath has never provided fresh water although it says so in the description. The same goes with Porcelain Tower, there's no "all trade routes are considered foreign and intercontinental" effect.

but When I have the mercenary units upgraded , there is no way but dying in battle to clear the Mercenary Maintenance Cost , which cause -2 stablity per losing battle

I've seen the Great Bath doesn't provide fresh water bug in other mods too. What it does is that farm are irrigated if they are adjacent tiles from the city. (The city becomes sort of a fresh water lake)

TYou can't build a farm on the tile 1N1W of Tianjin (with the silk on it), because it isn't irrigated. (unless you have biology). With the Great Bath, all surrounding tiles of the city are irrigated. So you should be able to build a farm on that silk tile.

Um.

Leoreth, would you mind looking at this file?

My vassals, the Mughals apparently captured barb Lhasa,
but somehow I got both the Gold (which was nice) and the city
(which was not; I'm trying to keep Expansion down).

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang AD-1660 Turn 313.CivBeyondSwordSave
    946.9 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom