Arab Conquest

Cool! Good to know people will watch for awhile! I've already written half the update, and update'll be tomorrow. Also does anyone know how to put a screenshot up on the page instead of attached? Like in Into the Future? Because I'd love to do that and I know people love that. I usually take screenies in-game and then save those into a folder then upload those from there. Thanks in advance

Get an Imgur account and upload the photos there. You can then link to them from the forum post (Imgur is much, much better than Photobucket, too.)

Thank you! Maybe some pictures'll be up...

The 1800s

The Arab-Jewish War
Guarded by no less then 5 Riflemen, the Caliph himself stormed into the Roman Palace.
"Halt!", a Roman Guard barked as he reached for a pistol that was hanging from his holster. Before he could pull it up to threaten the Caliph, a bullet-sized hole appeared in his chest, and his body fell to the floor. The other guard met a similar fate.
The Caliph pulled open the Palace door to see Ceaser himself sitting on the throne, surrounded by plenty of guards, of course.
"Well,", he said in an enragingly monotone voice, "that was uncalled for don't you think?"
"Uncalled for?", The Caliph started, "What was uncalled for was the slaughter of my children! And in your own empire! How could you do such a thing?"
"How, Caliph I ask you, could we not?", the Roman Emperor said, rising, "Heretics, and in our own Capital! How could we stand for that? They fully know that we are a Jewish State, and yet still insist on practicing their Islamic Faith, and in public no less! The Great Rabbi spoke, so what else were we to do? Oh, don't act like you haven't done the same."
The Caliph was fuming. "Sending state-endorsed holy men on missions is one thing, but persecuting them is quite another. Besides you have only made Islam all the stronger, and trust me, the Sword of Islam is stronger than the Sword of any State. You will pay your dues, mark my words.", and with that the Caliph and the Guard stormed off.

The war itself was naval-oriented, with the Cities of Neapolis and Circei were 2 highly contested zones, under assault from all sides from both factions, nobody knew how the territories would swing.
Neapolis was constantly bombarded from Fleets of Frigates. However, whenever the city was occupied by the Arabs, it would be pounded by Roman Cannons, and then Cavalry would swoop in and take the city. The Siege of Circei relied more upon the Cavalry, mainly the Camel Archers and Lancer regiments, though some musket-armed infantry came along, and a frigate here and there

Captain Matthew Perry,
September 19th,1828
These Romans, they must be exhausted. I feel bad for the citizens who never, left. I feel even worse for those who couldn't leave. I feel Neapolis is a lost cause. We've bombarded and blockaded the city for 4 years, we've assaulted, we've burned, and pillaged the hell out of the Romans. It ain't the explosions and the killing that gets to you, its the dead bodies eternally lying in the ocean, every day, every night. At this point there is only one thing I am certain of: there will be hell to pay. For all of us.

The Arab Revolution and the Bureaucracy
Nothing marked the 1800s in Arabia like the revolution of science, and the arts. In the 1800s great men of piety proved their worth as Scientists and Writers and Engineers. They were the true pioneers of Arabia, boldly ushering in a Renaissance of Arabian Literature and Science. Most of these great men came from the City of Damascus, and countless Academies and Manufacturing Centers were built on the Outskirts of the city as a result of these Great Men.
Thanks to the Great Men of Damascus(as they were called locally), and the the countless Holy Sites of ascension and teachings in and around Damascus, bureaucracy rapidly expanded in Damascus. The Caliph in particular took notice. He went as far as to visit and tour Damascus, and after comparing it to the Naval and Production Center that Mecca was, he took it upon himself to move his Palace, and his vast Administration, to Damascus. He knew this could only bring more glory and encourage further liberalism to his people.

The Message
The Messenger rode on horseback into town at mach speed. Upon reaching the center of the town, he wildly swerved his horse in such a fashion to make it slow down, and stop. As he did this, he pulled a pistol from his holster and shot it into the air. Naturally, everyone came out of their houses, some armed and some not, to see what the commotion was about.
“Hi Ho!”, the messenger cried, “News from the Administration! The Zulu has mobilized and march towards Thebes! All able-bodied men are to mount and ride now!”
There was a stunning silence. For a moment. Then men started running towards their horses, hooting and hollering.
“Abe! Get my gun!”
“John, ready the horses”
“The Cavalry ride again!”
“Ready the Rifles!”
“Father I'm coming with you!”
“Honey take care of the cattle!”
The commotion pleased the messenger, as he knew this was going out all across the Arab World. Men all over were excited to finally get prestige of the foot-soldier and cavalry. It hadn't happened in hundreds of years. It would be one bloody fight.
That is, for the Zulu.

OCC Stuff:

Dang, To the Glory of God is AMAZING. I mean seriously I am catching up in tech already, and once New Deal kicks in, I am going to be absolutely blazing through the tech tree! It'll be great. Anyway guys thanks for the awesome encouragement and the patience you all have. And don't be wary about telling me when I'm being stupid. Anyways, have a good one!​

Attachments

• 2014-02-25_00013.jpg
    2014-02-25_00013.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 2014-02-25_00006.jpg
    2014-02-25_00006.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 2014-02-25_00008.jpg
    2014-02-25_00008.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 2014-02-25_00002.jpg
    2014-02-25_00002.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 2014-02-25_00012.jpg
    2014-02-25_00012.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 173
Oh you can't change your capital, but it was more of a story element to show that all the important stuff is in Damascus, not Mecca, in fact just to keep 9 Pop in Mecca I have to use a trade route! It's sad really, Mecca is not a great city...

Well I guess that's pretty realistic. Mecca was never actually the capital of any state in history. It was always Damascus, Baghdad, Cairo, Medina, Istanbul, etc, but never Mecca.

nice update

Can you post a update, I'm a super fan of stories like that! I am hoping for a Oil war soon too... lol

I played the game so update should be tomorrow, and DaNuke you'll be pleasantly surprised in this update ;)

oil wars! yay!

All I have to say is :badcomp: and :hammer2:

The Zulu War Pt. 1

Neapolis and Circei, the 2 Most Fought-Over-Cities-In-History-Probably
The city of Neapolis was taken probably a dozen times over. The 3 Belligerents in the Sieges of Neapolis were the French, the Romans, and the Arabs.
Spoiler :

That poor city was constantly being bombarded bu cannons, frigates, privateers, and rifle shots for over a decade, until, after a long 16 years, the city was burnt to the ground. Matthew Perry, a famous Admiral, famously commented "Good riddance."

Circei, however saw little Roman support, save the Riflemen or Gatling detachment here or there, and once under Arab control, it was set ablaze, until the Zulu stepped in and decided that they wanted to burn it down. Because it matters.
Spoiler :

However, the Romans did attempt a naval assault by a caravel fleet, it was quickly shot down.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, in Memphis...
The Zulu rifleman decided that, instead of artillery support, they would just rush the city with Riflemen and try to breach the walls with bullets. :lol:
Spoiler :

Somehow the flawless Zulu strategy did not end up working
Spoiler :

The Surprising Oil War
The families in Mecca watched in horror as a terrible metal harpie shrieked from overhead. They then saw a metal rock explode on the Holy Sites in Mecca, and huddled together as they prayed to Allah for survival, what had they done to deserve this?
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

OOC Stuff:
:help: Shaka was not amused he did this :deadhorse: to my Calvary and absolutely wrecked Mecca. I was not expecting bombers. Any how I'll do my best to try to take it back with my navy, then try to surrender, and then get bombers of my own and launch a ruthless counterattack :devil: or maybe I'll just end up dying. Definitely one of the 2. Hope you enjoyed and have a good one.

Will the Majah Caliph survive? Find out next [day/week/month]!

Pity Mecca got captured, but I expect you can retake it. Good luck!

NOOOOO! MECCA FELL! Good update though. If you ever beat them back, terminate with extreme prejudice like I did. Spare no enemy soldier.

damn. this forum is still deserted...

Mike, give caliph Silverman a break. Not everybody has ample time to play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I said forum, not thread.That means NOBODY is there. Do you get it now?

Top Bottom