ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

Added multiple civs. Pretty much, I'm done. But I need more cities for Russia, need to fix the yellow river, must add the Crusader State, Germany, Poland, Hungary, and Italy... Is Italy even necessary?!

Amenhotep7 said:
Thanx, North King!:D

Idea: Should I differentiate the two by having, o say, one of Kinboats "Golden Horde" units for the Heavy Cavalry, and the light cavalry a Keshik? Or is there no real difference?

If Kinboat's unit is basically sword fighting, then it will do for the heavy cavalry.

Amenhotep7 said:
Fire Catapults or Hwach'a wouldn't work, eh? All right, we'll need a unit creator. Got any ideas as to who could do it?:p;)

Yes, I suppose thy will work.

Amenhotep7 said:
Okay. Question: Could I use any unit in-game or on the forum?

I'd have to read up on the forums for that that.

Amenhotep7 said:
Could I use the game's Trebuchet?

LOL, that completely skipped my mind. :rolleyes:
Yes, that would be perfect.

Looks great. I would recommend putting two very important cities belonging to the Sung in the Szechuan valley- Ch'eng-tu at 132-72 and Chung-ch'ing at 137-77. I wouldn't put the Italians in.
As far as important Russian cities I would put in Novgorod, Nishni Novgorod, Moscow, and Smolensk.

Thanx for the feedback guys. Will fix map later.:)

Oh, and I need city lists at the time for:

Germany
Hungary
Crusader States
Poland

Seriously, alot of the European states y'all want will be one city entities!:crazyeye:

Germany- Breslau, Prague, Vienna, Cologne, Hamburg
Poland-Gnesen (capital, right near modern Poznan), Krakow
Hungary-Buda, Klausenburg (modern Cluj-Napoca in Romania)
Crusaders-Constantinople, Athens, Thessalonica, Acre (If you cannot fit any more cities in Palestine just give the Crusaders fortresses along the coast next to Jerusalem and Damascus.

Probaly should have Venice. Their trade was important to the Mongols, after they settled in for awhile. Genoa also had land on the Crimea. Even though they were rivals, a combination would'nt be bad, since this focuses on Mongols, and I doubt they knew of the rivalry or even cared.

Sweden, Lithuania and The Teutonic Knights all also fought the Mongols. They saw them as competition in Russia.

In their retreat after Ogadai's death after and in the search for King Bela of Hungary, they also ravaged Serbia and the Dalmatian coast badly

Thanks guys. I'll work on Europe tommorow, and I think we can say city placement is done![dance]

Then there'll be unit placement.:cry:

Surprise! Europe Today!

I've still yet to fix the Yellow River, BUT I have placed all cities, be they in correct positions or not. I think I really screwed up Russian and Hungarian city placement, but that's what I have you guys for...sorta.:p;):)

:bump:

Need feedback before I move on. Then we have to talk about units.:crazyeye:

Perhaps a bit more feedback then you were anticipating: a very edited map.

I redid the Russian cities, added some Indian cities, Added the two new Crusader States and Italian States (Though looking back on it Torino should have gone to the Emperor), Made the Yellow River Navigable to allow for nice sea battles and extra protection for the Song, and that is it, as I recall. The Italians were given Roma, Venetia, Torino, Napoli, Messinia, Ragusa, Morea, and Crete. The Crusaders were given Cyprus, Antioch, and Acre, the latter two on the Med coast.

EDIT: ATTACHMENT, THIS SHOULD BE THE RIGHT ONE...

Attachments

• Mongols2.zip
    75.6 KB · Views: 77
1. Wasn't the Latin Empire established by the Crusaders? Ergo, would not Crusader-held land go to Latin Empire?

2. I've ditched your navigable river for three reasons:
1.I see three places where the Mongol player could cross, two of which they don't need to attack a city
2. A Mongol Player could just go around the river
3.They could just attack one of the cities.

It's a good idea in theory, bad in practice.

Otherwise, thanx a lot!:thumbsup::D

Urgh, there goes half the fun of the Mongol Invasion of Southern China. But I will still enjoy.

You could have Cursader States and Latin Empire merged, but that would be rather bad in diplomatic terms.

@North King

Half the fun? Even if you put a navigable river in there, the Mongols could just go around.:lol:

Amenhotep7 said:
@North King

Half the fun? Even if you put a navigable river in there, the Mongols could just go around.:lol:

That's what they did, but River fighting would be interesting, IMHO, especially if you gave the ships bombard so they could seriously affect the sieges of those cities.

Hmm... I shall consider it. Though I don't believe the Mongols were renowned for naval power during the time of GK.:crazyeye:

Amenhotep7 said:
Hmm... I shall consider it. Though I don't believe the Mongols were renowned for naval power during the time of GK.:crazyeye:

Which was exactly what stopped them from taking the cities. They could surround them well enough, but the Song could always break through with their flying tiger ships to reinforce and resupply the city. In Civ terms the Mongols could on land surround a city but the Song could keep bringing in reinforcement defenders via the river.

Edit: Indeed, the only major Mongol naval action--against Japan, took place almost entirely due to Korean and Chinese Ships.

We could make it interesting by say, maybe making the Chinese ships...what's the word...capturable? Or was it Chinese custom to evacuate or burn their fleet?

Korean Ships should definately be captureable, perhaps the Chinese to make it interesting.

Top Bottom