ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

Why just Korean and only perhaps Chinese?

Enough of this talk, anyways. We need to talk about units. First, we talk about what in-game units should be pre-placed and how many there should be, THEN we talk of what custom units to add.

:bump:

Don't wanna let this thread sink too far.:)

Once again, I bump this thread. I think the Mongols should start off with... 20-30 Keshiks? Then again, should that be light or heavy Keshiks? Crap...

Also, I may reconsider my limit on custom units. I may raise it 2 or 3 for the sake of flavor...

:bump:

I suppose Kubz and North King are on Vacation?:undecide: Darn, and I'm not going on vacation till August.:(

The exact numbers of the Mongol armies are always debated, but they were always significantly outnumbered by their opposing armies. The Mongols were able to dominate the battlefield in large part to their superior speed and mobility. So there shouldn't be a lot of Mongol units. But the Mongol units should be a lot more powerful than the other civs units and a lot more fast. (probably a movment of four that ignores the movement cost of hills.)

The Keshik was actually the elite personal guard of the Great Khan. So I would create three Keshiks that could be loaded into an army. Then create a seperate unit called Heavy Cavalry. The Light Cavalry or Mounted Archers should have bombard ability to make things interesting. The Heavy Calvary was the center of the Mongol formation while the Light Cavalry flanked. So the proportion of Light Cavalry to Heavy Cavalry should be around 2 to 1.

Thanx. Really helps, Kubz! Now I just need to find suitable units for Light and Heavy Cavs!:crazyeye:

@Sarevok-

Don't worry. I plan to find the Holy Grail of scenario making that so few ever find: One that is historically accurate AND playable!:eek:;)

So... How many Mongols? Or how's about we hammer out the unit numbers for the other civs, then we'll get some idea as to how the Mongols should be.

Oh, and also, I'm gonna need a title screen... Any takers?

And exactly how many movement points should the Mongol Horsemen have? I mean, it needs to be able to travel from Germany to Korea by the time good ol' GK dies!:crazyeye:

It depends on how long a turn is. And tell me you are not going to have this based on GK's lifespan! I want to invade Japan as Khublai Khan.

This is the RISE of the Mongols. The Rise was characterized by GK. I shall make a follow-up scenario, where you may play as the Empire of the Great Khan, the Golden Horde, The Persian Ilkhanate, and the Chagatai Empire.

(Tamerlane conquering Europe? The Golden Horde reuniting the Mongols???:eek: All to come in the follow-up scenario.;))

Nice to see this scenario is coming slowly as usual :D (So I take it that you gave up on the Peloponnesian War, or just put it on hold while you wait for Kryten?)

Can you take screenshots of where you put cities. I'll look at them, and you probably won't need to *BUMP* every now and then :)

Just take a look-see at the files posted.:)

Trouble? Sounds like a job for Fixification Man... Well,... he's not here right now...*looks around* Nope. Not here...

Okay, I'll post some screenies, and put it all in one .zip for ya.:)

Okay... Here's the thing. For some reason, Zip files won't upload, and each of the 7 screen is like, 3 meg. Can't do it. I'll try uploading later,but... :(

O great. Now smilies don't work. Something's going on, here!:mad:

Zips still won't upload...[pissed]

Sorry, MongoloidCow... Mauybe you could help me with how many units should civs start off with? I really need to know that BAD.:blush:

Top Bottom